IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

IF the ACC breaks up, what are the likely outcomes for Syracuse?

FSU board of trustees meets this Wednesday. I think they announce they are leaving for the B1G.

Kansas is really the only school that makes sense and their FB program hardly helps the ACC. WVU might be interested.

I would consider SU joining that conference vs being in a conference with BC, Wake, and some AAC schools.
You would consider it, bro. You're better hope that you jump on it. If they get an invite to the big 12 because trust me, it can get a whole hell of a hours. I mean, I think the big 12 makes just as much or a little more than we do right now, which is totally stupid. But there's a reason for that. They're leadership in ours playing. And that is the reason why we are still in this freaking predicament. There's plenty still some good programs over there, taxi schools are always good. Baylor Tc u Oklahoma state. And now you had these old schools coming in. And what I was insinuating in your message is that you would consider it instead of BC weak and some AA c's schools. Bro, you gotta be joking. Because that doesn't make any sense.
You're comparing Those schools tool a bunch of group of 5 schools, which pretty much BC and Wake Forest, Are and if it wasn't for Clawson Wake Forest hulo I mean, they're like they look like. Oh, high school team facility wise. Yeah, I know there are extremely small school but we should drop them. I mean, everybody is studying. We have turn off North Carolina schools as it is.
We have enough private schools as it is. Specially when a dead size means Wake Forest is never gonna be a power never...rwaeanrste..sneidatnylie.stssoheaihnee
Who is this dude?

You know, I was worried that 1 of these schools would just bounce Even without I'm not getting there money or what? II don't even pay attention to the all the details of the green and rights. Because I already knew that DCC was over. And I still do whether it's not today. Because you can just tell this guy is just sitting on his sitting on his hands.

If a program can get away with it. It's someone like Florida state a clemsp. I mean, they're gonna be good and attract top players regardless so.
As long as there, future is 100% secure. Where in which eventually it will be if not today
Let's just pray that's Syracuse can sneak into the big twelve, and if somehow this big 12 commission just loves Yu con for some reason. Man, if we can't get in over them Definitely not a calm feeling coming over. But, you know, can't worry about what you can control. So just have to see how it plays out. I mean, lately Syracuse has been spending money. It's just unfortunate that they waited. Too long potentially to do it.
Again, we'll see. Let my emotions get the best to me

don't know tier whatever right but I just want to see. I mean, they're thinking long-term, and they're floating state. They can't afford to do that limestone too. So I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it would happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't so we'll see man. I mean, he's conference his are making somewhat da. Good morning, I'm your ACC. Is nobody even blame but themselves? I mean, how long do you sit idle? Anybody would come and sense. No, that's this was gonna happen,. It was/is just a matter of time and they did nothing to ease the situation. The ACC is like a glorified version in terms of leadership to big east football And just so we're clear that it's not a compliment at all. I have never seen a more inept commissioner than Phillips. The only thing that could have been betrayed has a officient job. Was the death or the soon to be deaf? In my opinion of the CC, as much as it irritates me to say more like p***** me off. Because I just don't understand why we get stuck with. A Who pretty much destroyed the ACC? Possibly faster than anybody thought he would so congratulations, smh!

I don't think the B16 wants Oregon. They want Washington but can't find a quality #2.

No way the B16 takes FSU and Clemson now. Maybe in the future if they are closer to a fit academically. FSU will never be a culture fit. If the B16 wants a Florida school, Miami is 1000x better.

Journalism is dead. Internet rumors generate articles now. Twitter kooks get quoted or are on radio spots. It is sad.

FSU board of trustees meets this Wednesday. I think they announce they are leaving for the B1G.

1. Why would the B16 want FSU? Serious question. These rumors are from want to be FSU fans thinking they are relevant.

2. The B16 would never accept a team that is locked in for a dozen years. And they do not want to get sued by the ACC.

These rumors makes zero logical sense.

1. Why would the B16 want FSU? Serious question. These rumors are from want to be FSU fans thinking they are relevant.

2. The B16 would never accept a team that is locked in for a dozen years. And they do not want to get sued by the ACC.

Agreed, FSU would only leave for the SEC.

They may want to leave but they can’t afford to leave. One, they can’t afford the buy out. Two, they can’t afford to lose all their media right $ for the next 10 years. Even with SEC $ (you said B10 but that’s ridiculous, they aren’t ever going to the B10) it would take them well over a decade to just break even from the $ they lost.

A few things that we know...

1. The B16 will not make more money now for adding ANY school, even Notre Dame. At best they are getting pro rata. So what incentive does the B16 have to expand now? In 4-5 years, sure. But now?

2. To break GOR a year early it cost Oklahoma and Texas $50M each. That is the established rate. Why in the heck would the ACC agree to $30M a year from FSU? And not only that but $30M now is worth more than $30M tomorrow. If anything FSU should be paying MORE with a payment plan.

3. On top of the GOR FSU will have to pay an exit fee of around $100M. How are they coming up with that money when it took them forever to afford a practice facility?

4. FSU is a huge mismatch culturally with the B16. Also it is a PIA to get there. Additionally FSU is far from the Florida recruiting hotbeds. Long term are they really a good pickup?

You would consider it, bro. You're better hope that you jump on it. If they get an invite to the big 12 because trust me, it can get a whole hell of a hours. I mean, I think the big 12 makes just as much or a little more than we do right now, which is totally stupid. But there's a reason for that. They're leadership in ours playing. And that is the reason why we are still in this freaking predicament. There's plenty still some good programs over there, taxi schools are always good. Baylor Tc u Oklahoma state. And now you had these old schools coming in. And what I was insinuating in your message is that you would consider it instead of BC weak and some AA c's schools. Bro, you gotta be joking. Because that doesn't make any sense.
You're comparing Those schools tool a bunch of group of 5 schools, which pretty much BC and Wake Forest, Are and if it wasn't for Clawson Wake Forest hulo I mean, they're like they look like. Oh, high school team facility wise. Yeah, I know there are extremely small school but we should drop them. I mean, everybody is studying. We have turn off North Carolina schools as it is.
We have enough private schools as it is. Specially when a dead size means Wake Forest is never gonna be a power never...rwaeanrste..sneidatnylie.stssoheaihnee

You know, I was worried that 1 of these schools would just bounce Even without I'm not getting there money or what? II don't even pay attention to the all the details of the green and rights. Because I already knew that DCC was over. And I still do whether it's not today. Because you can just tell this guy is just sitting on his sitting on his hands.

If a program can get away with it. It's someone like Florida state a clemsp. I mean, they're gonna be good and attract top players regardless so.
As long as there, future is 100% secure. Where in which eventually it will be if not today
Let's just pray that's Syracuse can sneak into the big twelve, and if somehow this big 12 commission just loves Yu con for some reason. Man, if we can't get in over them Definitely not a calm feeling coming over. But, you know, can't worry about what you can control. So just have to see how it plays out. I mean, lately Syracuse has been spending money. It's just unfortunate that they waited. Too long potentially to do it.
Again, we'll see. Let my emotions get the best to me

don't know tier whatever right but I just want to see. I mean, they're thinking long-term, and they're floating state. They can't afford to do that limestone too. So I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it would happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't so we'll see man. I mean, he's conference his are making somewhat da. Good morning, I'm your ACC. Is nobody even blame but themselves? I mean, how long do you sit idle? Anybody would come and sense. No, that's this was gonna happen,. It was/is just a matter of time and they did nothing to ease the situation. The ACC is like a glorified version in terms of leadership to big east football And just so we're clear that it's not a compliment at all. I have never seen a more inept commissioner than Phillips. The only thing that could have been betrayed has a officient job. Was the death or the soon to be deaf? In my opinion of the CC, as much as it irritates me to say more like p***** me off. Because I just don't understand why we get stuck with. A Who pretty much destroyed the ACC? Possibly faster than anybody thought he would so congratulations, smh!

You heard it first right here folks...

Also, allegedly the B16 turned down Oklahoma which would have helped get Texas. But now the B16 is willing to make an exception for FSU? And Clemson?

I think the cottage industry of people buying blue check marks and creating nonsensical rumors about things is the result of Elon Musk's twitter. I feel like the sports rumormongering around things that can take a while to come to fruition (or are long options like realignment) fit well with this cottage industry.

it's the same weirdos who proclaim end of world on x dates.

This Swaim guy is a lunatic, there's a Big 10 twitter guy who is also a crazy person. I will be blown away if FSU decides to bring war to the ACC and has the invitation in hand from the BIG/SEC. Those conferences don't want to be dragged into the ACC battle.

it's all lunacy. i wouldn't pay attention. i could see the FSU saber rattle about the GOR but to actually move forward with an exit seems crazy to me

As long as all the ACC media contracts stay the same, it wouldn't be a bad thing to let FSU or any other school pay $300+ million dollars to leave the league. They are going to leave at some point, might as well add programs that will be committed for the long term now and take the extra revenue.

Also, allegedly the B16 turned down Oklahoma which would have helped get Texas. But now the B16 is willing to make an exception for FSU? And Clemson?

Allegedly….. I think an important part of your fact based post.

But, then there is the ACC payment plan. No interest spread over 20 years, because the ACC is just that nice.
To add...is it really the ACC? You have two very valuable pieces (the most in the ACC, right?) leaving an ESPN property to go to a FOX property. Isn't it really ESPN letting them off the hook?

TX/OU leaving ONE YEAR early took at least that long to negotiate the final numbers. But its going to take one week to negotiate a complicated 10+ year commitment?

To add...is it really the ACC? You have two very valuable pieces (the most in the ACC, right?) leaving an ESPN property to go to a FOX property. Isn't it really ESPN letting them off the hook?

TX/OU leaving ONE YEAR early took at least that long to negotiate the final numbers. But its going to take one week to negotiate a complicated 10+ year commitment?
Please stop with the facts

The only place I see as a natural fit for them is the SEC. I don't see the Big 10 working out well for them.

The only place I see as a natural fit for them is the SEC. I don't see the Big 10 working out well for them.
assuming they got themselves through a gauntlet of legal challenges and found themselves with an SEC invite, why would florida want them in the SEC again? Can someone explain this to me like i'm 5? Wouldn't Miami make more sense or like UVA/UNC.

The whole exercise like I said in another thread is a giant exercise in stupidity.