Is Red our next HC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Is Red our next HC

This is getting way overplayed. The zone has excelled when we've had great talent. The zone has smelled otherwise. Great talent is what allows the zone's breakdowns to be erased. All the extra practice time in the world doesn't move the needle that far.

Our guru Townie chimed in with that. Not me.

If you think recruiting rankings are valid, that's your first mistake.

They are guesses published by scam artists for the consumption of the gullible.

Uh huh.

More deflections and criticism of me. But are you interested in addressing those questions or this topic?

Uh huh.

More deflections and criticism of me. But are you interested in addressing those questions or this topic?

I have no interest in delving into minutia and trying to argue the inarguable. Especially when they involve anything with a basis in unscientific nonsense like recruiting rankings.

Saint John's has been generally awful under Mullin. That's the point of this conversation and not that they beat SU. The thread is about "coaches".

Try and keep up.

keep up ? find myself riding the brake every thread with u . like talking to a wall. mullin's team humiliated us. fact. what's that say about your wizard ? butt lashed at home by an apparently crappy coach with lesser talent. ouch !

Last edited:
keep up ? find myself riding the brake every thread with u . like talking to a wall. mullin's team humiliated us. fact. what's that say about your wizard ? butt lashed at home by an apparently crappy coach with lesser talent. ouch !

The SU game was ONE GAME.

Do you really intend to measure Mullin at SJ on the basis of ONE GAME?

Does the fact that his team beat SU two years in a row mean that SU fans can't point out that his overall record at SJ has been very weak?

You have completely lost track of the thread.

i realize it was one game. no make that 2. but i'm smart enuf not to knock a coach who dealt us a home loss record.
you wanna bad mouth mullins ? fine. but wait until we beat them by 3o. you sound foolish.

i realize it was one game. no make that 2. but i'm smart enuf not to knock a coach who dealt us a home loss record.
you wanna bad mouth mullins ? then wait til we beat them by 3o. you sound foolish.
22-43.

Real foolish. No matter who he beat.

and those 43 losses matter to me as a syracuse fan why ? should be 45. kicked our tail. that's what counts to me.

Last edited:
and those 43 losses matter to me as a syracuse fan why ? should be 45. kicked our tail. that's what counts to me.
Totally different topic than what you responded to. It's foolish to say anyone criticizing Mullins is foolish.

Totally different topic than what you responded to. It's foolish to say anyone criticizing Mullins is foolish.

When someone has an agenda regarding one of our players or coaches, never underestimate what they are capable of spewing.

I think he dodged the question.

He certainly did not say he was going to be All Zone.

Let's see what he does in Year 1, Year 2, ...

Immutable Laws:

The more things you try to do, offensively and defensively. the less well you do any of them individually.

Every practice hour you spend teaching "A' is not available for teaching "B". There is a finite number of practice hours. It's a Zero Sum game.

How's 100% zone working for Rob Murphy?

I have no interest in delving into minutia and trying to argue the inarguable. Especially when they involve anything with a basis in unscientific nonsense like recruiting rankings.

You're the only person who's mentioned recruiting rankings.

But I love the empty posts. Terrific stuff.

You're the only person who's mentioned recruiting rankings.

But I love the empty posts. Terrific stuff.

From OttoMets earlier:

"Better players or better recruits?

Because Pitino rarely has better recruits than Boeheim. And if they manage to become better players..."

How do you know that Pitino rarely has better recruits than Boeheim?

What data or system are you using as the basis for that system? Not recruit rankings? Than what?

Better players or better recruits?

Because Pitino rarely has better recruits than Boeheim. And if they manage to become better players...

Sorry but why do people post things without even doing basic research? Facts should be Your friend when pounding points incessantly.

Here are the team recruiting rankings for Louisville and SU. Keep in mind the effects the NCAA etc has had on SU's recruiting rankings and how the later investigation may effect Louisville.

2011- Louisville #3; Syracuse#14
2012- Louisville over 50; Syracuse #39
2013- Louisville #4 ; Syracuse #10
2014- Louisville #5 ; Syracuse #33
2015- Louisville #6; Syracuse #8
2016- Louisville #19 ; Syracuse #15

I just dislike that many people seem to have have obvious agendas. My advice is to do your own research, deal with facts because the rest is just opinion and some disguise it as fact.

In addition, in the past 5 years Till June 25, 2016, Syracuse is tied with Duke for the 2nd most number of players drafted in the NBA exceeded only by Kentucky. 7 of our 10 NBA picks the past 10 years have been early entry.
Here Are The College Basketball Teams With The Most NBA Draft Picks In The Last 5 Years

Even 10 years earlier, since 2005, SU is in the top 5 for NBA picks with 14 while Louisville has had 7 over the same time period.

Feel free to make your own objective conclusions with these facts. Thank you.

Sorry but why do people post things without even doing basic research? Facts should be Your friend when pounding points incessantly.

Here are the team recruiting rankings for Louisville and SU. Keep in mind the effects the NCAA etc has had on SU's recruiting rankings and how the later investigation may effect Louisville.

2011- Louisville #3; Syracuse#14
2012- Louisville over 50; Syracuse #39
2013- Louisville #4 ; Syracuse #10
2014- Louisville #5 ; Syracuse #33
2015- Louisville #6; Syracuse #8
2016- Louisville #19 ; Syracuse #15

I just hope that many people have obvious agendas. My advice is to do your own research, deal with facts because the rest is just opinion and some disguise it as fact.

In addition, in the past 5 years Till June 25, 2016, Syracuse is tied with Duke for the 2nd most number of players drafted in the NBA exceeded only by Kentucky. 7 of our 10 NBA picks the past 10 years have been early entry.
Here Are The College Basketball Teams With The Most NBA Draft Picks In The Last 5 Years

Even 10 years earlier, since 2005, SU is in the top 5 for NBA picks with 14 while Louisville has had 7 over the same time period.

Feel free to make your own objective conclusions with these facts. Thank you.

I'm a little surprised by your tone.

I'm a little surprised by your tone.

What "tone" is that?

From OttoMets earlier:

Because Pitino rarely has better recruits than Boeheim. And if they manage to become better players..."

At least you can take solace in that these Recruiting Rankings are as unscientific as you can get. The NBA "facts' however are hard data.

What "tone" is that?

From OttoMets earlier:

At least you can take solace in that these Recruiting Rankings are as unscientific as you can get. The NBA "facts' however are hard data.

The breathless rant about agendas. At least that's out of character for Cherie, and there's some substance there.

For you, more of the same. Deflect, deflect, deflect. You don't care to articulate, much less defend, your remarks.

By the way, I don't care about recruiting rankings. Haven't cited them once. But keep slapping away at the straw man while ignoring attempts to discuss the topic at hand.

The breathless rant about agendas. At least that's out of character for Cherie, and there's some substance there.

For you, more of the same. Deflect, deflect, deflect. You don't care to articulate, much less defend, your remarks.

By the way, I don't care about recruiting rankings. Haven't cited them once. But keep slapping away at the straw man while ignoring attempts to discuss the topic at hand.

I'm not sure you actually know the "topic at hand". What is it?

Where are those rankings from? Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see a real strong edge for Lville in those rankings. Is there really a huge disparity between the 4th and 10th recruiting classes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom