LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

portal is currently closed
If that is the case and the decision came down after the portal closed I'm sure he could just withdraw from SU and figure it out next year. He wouldn't lose a year of eligiblity?

They won't just drop it without saying they've done a full review of their policies and have implemented changes.

They can weather the storm now, if that's what they're working on, to be completed and announced before preseason camp begins.

You are probably right although I do believe they could also say that they reviewed this case and found irregularities and thus have come to a settlement, and will be doing a full overview of their policies moving forward to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Perhaps people should email ADJW and let him know that while he doesn’t directly impact the decision on Lequint (I believe if it was up to him this would be reversed immediately) that the decision by the school will impact him and donations to his programs.

That way he can pass the news on to the chancellor

Also I believe people are getting Wildhack and Chancellor confused in the twittersphere

This is out of Wildhacks control absolutely.

However there is no way, the chancellor couldn’t overrule the SUJB if he wanted too.
Of course. The issue isn't whether the Chancellor CAN, it's whether he will, and a big key to that is a) there is legitimate grounds to do so that is more than a response to public outcry (there is) and b) that it can be done in a way that doesn't create some blanket precedent that creates future headaches (I believe there is but that's going to likely take some creativity)

some relevant light reading
He’s done. If FIRE and someone from Landazza’s team couldn’t make a successful First Amendment argument in a case involving only speech, this one has no chance, none, absent some novel or overlooked argument. NYS court basically said, you’re out of luck, private entity, they can do whatever they want to you as long as it doesn’t directly contradict a written policy.

Best part of the opinion was the concurrence calling out the stupidity of the school’s policy.

I’d really like to see the suit filed by LA’s attorneys.

This is much bigger than athletics and those with a stake in the school are going to have to pursue other, creative means to effect change. Lots of options on the table.

Also I believe people are getting Wildhack and Chancellor confused in the twittersphere

This is out of Wildhacks control absolutely.

However there is no way, the chancellor couldn’t overrule the SUJB if he wanted too.
Sure, but that may open up the university to more litigation...I just don't see the chancellor doing anything immediate. This likely will be settled over the course of weeks.

Sure, but that may open up the university to more litigation...I just don't see the chancellor doing anything immediate. This likely will be settled over the course of weeks.
agreed. Other major higher ed issues expected this week as well. IMO this plays out over next few weeks.

He’s done. If FIRE and someone from Landazza’s team couldn’t make a successful First Amendment argument in a case involving only speech, this one has no chance, none, absent some novel or overlooked argument. NYS court basically said, you’re out of luck, private entity, they can do whatever they want to you as long as it doesn’t directly contradict a written policy.

Best part of the opinion was the concurrence calling out the stupidity of the school’s policy.

This is much bigger than athletics and those with a stake in the school are going to have to pursue other, creative means to effect change. Lots of options on the table.
I tend to agree that my court hopes sort of crashed after reading that, which is why i am hoping the University believes its PR hit is bad enough they feel motivated to find a settlement first.

Double standard. UGA and other SEC schools had people actually die, yet no suspensions.
Lawsuits after the fact? Sure. But these are only stories which made the press because they were prosecutable and broke the law.
This is an internal SU situation - private institution - which cannot be prosecuted (according to the DA). So taking responsibility ended up costing LA.

I tend to agree that my court hopes sort of crashed after reading that, which is why i am hoping the University believes its PR hit is bad enough they feel motivated to find a settlement first.

While his chances of winning are extremely slim he really only needs the court to continue to put a hold on his suspension while it plays out in a courtroom

It might not be the perfect solution but with how slow the legal system moves, it very will could last his entire career at Syracuse

While his chances of winning are extremely slim he really only needs the court to continue to put a hold on his suspension while it plays out in a courtroom

It might not be the perfect solution but with how slow the legal system moves, it very will could last his entire career at Syracuse
Until say, early January.

IMG_1197.png

This is JBA insta story

Rutgers has the higher moral ground right now no matter how much we hate it. The incompetence of the administration is the reason.
Their FB players shoot students with paint ball guns. Stop it.

Every school has their issues. But I would rather Cuse over that shady department 20 mins north of me where SU seems to be molding good citizens across their department.

Need to read that twice to decipher

Lol okay this is what he’s saying

He’s saying that he’s loyal to JB because he was in trouble with something he did but it was way worse than what LA did. I would assume he was in a similar position where the SUJB handed down a punishment similar to LA to JBA.

JB went and fought for him and got it reversed. He’s empowering Dino to do a similar action and help LA

The only hope has always been on the issue of the severity of the suspension. Very little chance on any process claims.

I did find that while there is no right to discovery under Article 78, it can be granted by leave of the court. They could argue that they need SU to disclose all discipline so they can find if this suspension is not in line with similar cases and/or a one year suspension or similar has given for cases far beyond this.

There’s nothing to play out. There’s no trial, it’s usually a no argument motion. The sides submit their documentation and the court decides

The problem w these petition sites is that unless you are SURE you are going to get a critical mass, it can actually hurt the cause. Example. Twitter is blowing up and looks like a big push. But 352 here looks weak.
Petitions won't move the needle on this. The highlights by the local media are doing more for Allen in showcasing how bad the system is. The DA also commented on it as have former players including those in the NFL. I don't know what Babers is doing behind the scenes, but it would behoove him to grease the wheels on this. For it to reach a critical mass, you're going to need a Thamel or Forde to pick this up. Similar to Coach Hillsman being fired only after The Athletic picked it up, SU does not like negative national attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom