Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court | Syracusefan.com

Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court

The2-3PWN

Walk On
They aren't necessarily as good as the starters but they play key minutes. We have none of this.

They beat us twice this year. They are playing better than us. Of course, that can all change.

Yes I know I said twice. That win at the dome was undeserving. We were out played.

OMG, jesus , what the heck, we are not NC State!! we need a bench, which nc state has, god, idiots!!!!

But seriously we have the potential to win more games than NC State in the tournament but if we dont execute on offense NC State will win more games than Cuse in the dance.

I feel like they will beat Xavier. Warren had a terrible half and they are up 6 at the half

But seriously we have the potential to win more games than NC State in the tournament but if we dont execute on offense NC State will win more games than Cuse in the dance.

I feel like they will beat Xavier. Warren had a terrible half and they are up 6 at the half
Here is a big secret. Don't tell anyone. The game is 40 minutes long. The keep score. We won the first game. And if you want to throw nonsense like they outplayed us, they needed a bank in 3 to beat us in game 2.

Here is a big secret. Don't tell anyone. The game is 40 minutes long. The keep score. We won the first game. And if you want to throw nonsense like they outplayed us, they needed a bank in 3 to beat us in game 2.

Just an observation- We needed a steal and a layup in game 1. Ours was much more unlikely than a banked 3 (with still time left).

Just an observation- We needed a steal and a layup in game 1. Ours was much more unlikely than a banked 3 (with still time left).
NC state would have found another way to lose that game. It was their 2ud turnover late. Who says they would make their free throws? They lost the game. It is quite simple stupid for anyone to say we lost that game. We didn't. I have a scorecard to prove it.

NC state would have found another way to lose that game. It was their 2ud turnover late. Who says they would make their free throws? They lost the game. It is quite simple stupid for anyone to say we lost that game. We didn't. I have a scorecard to prove it.

I don't disagree, I'm simply making a point that if you're going to make a comment that discredits the nc st win, at least stay consistent the other way.

At the end of the day, 1-1, regardless.

State had 8 guys score in the first half of an NCAA Tournament Game. We will have 5 at most. We lack balance. That is the difference from last year.

So basically this Stainbrook guy is dominating Vandenberg but we had Keita and Xmas who made him look like an honorable mention all acc...xmas with the insta fouls and Keita who never developed a simple drop step and pump fake or a simple up and under move.

It's not really a hard concept to understand imo.. If your starters are much better than your bench players, the bench gets less court time. Every team is different. We as fans don't work with the players every day in practice so sometimes we don't quite get why Joe Blow is not playing more, but it is fun to come on a msg board and pretend we know more than the coaches.:rolleyes:

It's not really a hard concept to understand imo.. If your starters are much better than your bench players, the bench gets less court time. Every team is different. We as fans don't work with the players every day in practice so sometimes we don't quite get why Joe Blow is not playing more, but it is fun to come on a msg board and pretend we know more than the coaches.:rolleyes:

Sorry but Patterson is not a liability on D compared to Cooney and certainly isn't worse off the dribble offensively. No reason for him not to see minutes. Hell he probably would shoot a higher percentage than Trev too.

And we dont see any minutes for Roberson. Rotating Grant to the 5 to get Roberson at the 4 is much needed considering how bad Baye is right now.

We get it...you'd take a bullet for Boeheim.

No one is saying they think the bench should play more than the starters. Once again, it's not black and white.

So basically this Stainbrook guy is dominating Vandenberg but we had Keita and Xmas who made him look like an honorable mention all acc...xmas with the insta fouls and Keita who never developed a simple drop step and pump fake or a simple up and under move.

Keita has regressed and is barely a D1 player, if that. Love Baye but he has become a liability. He still keeps dropping those damn arms every time along with the other debacles. Big need for Rak to stay on the floor moving forward.

I'm not saying we should change. Or that I know more than JB. Or that we will change any time soon. And I know JB does go deeper some years, but it does seem like we have a tendency to go with a shorter bench than most teams some years (ones with similar depth of talent).

Anyway, there is something to be said for fresh legs. If CJ Warren doesn't get those 2 or 3 minutes on the bench does he sprint down the court, beat the defense back and score an easy two to extend the lead to seven right there? Who knows - maybe he does. Or maybe he's got tired legs and doesn't go for the sprint out because odds are he doesn't beat the defense back. Most people have a tendency to take it a little easy when they're tired. Cheat a little, save a bit for the defensive end or offensive end...it's natural.

As a result, there is some validity to running with energy guys. It's why so many people here LOVE Baye. Kid is pretty bad at basketball, but that heart, and that motor has served us very well over 4 years (not so much the last month, but that may be due to injury).

Anyway, having a Roberson or Patterson out there for a couple minutes here or there just hustling their asses off (and they seem to be those type of guys) would not have been a bad thing in my mind. Now, there are games where they won't play at all - like a Duke match-up possibly (although oddly Roberson did get 5 minutes that game), but there were plenty of chances to get them PT this year.

I don't know, I get both sides, but the pro-short bench people seem to sometimes think playing everyone 40 minutes a game is some genius move because they are better talent - but it's obviously not the case or no team would ever run with a bench. Sometimes it helps to go with the less talented guys. Maybe they catch fire (Cooney v. G'Town last year, or show they're ready when you think they're not, Grant when Southerland got suspended last year, etc...).

Now, I think we've banged this drum loud enough. What's done is done. There isn't much sense to keep rehashing this. Just hope our guys come out re-energized, on-fire and we make a deep run! The bench shortens even more in the tourney - so no sense arguing or wishing for it now. lol

/Rant.

Sorry but Patterson is not a liability on D compared to Cooney and certainly isn't worse off the dribble offensively. No reason for him not to see minutes. Hell he probably would shoot a higher percentage than Trev too.

And we dont see any minutes for Roberson. Rotating Grant to the 5 to get Roberson at the 4 is much needed considering how bad Baye is right now.
Sorry but everything you said here is pure conjecture.

It's threads like these…
some of the posters on here are just plain miserable

Reality isn't miserable. It is manageable if you use the resources available to you. Look at NC State right now. They will get further than Cuse because they use their resources.

JB is wasting resources on that bench. It is a sad. It is wasted talent.

Its just another CUSE TALE...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom