Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court

No, it is not a good example. MCW was the 4th guard. So, yes, in JBs system his 4th guard no matter how good won't get many minutes.

But Roberson should be the 3rd forward, totally different. The 3rd forward can get significant run. JB does not use a 6 man rotation very often, and yet he did it instead of sending Roberson out there one time. This is not a JB always does this thing, it is he feels Roberson is not ready thing.

And for those who are claiming Roberson is ready, they are doing it based off a lot less information than what JB has in front of him.
Why do you so defiantly defend JB? He's a great coach but we have one National Championship and go to the Final 4 once a decade. Until that changes, he is open for criticism. Regular season wins only get you so far.

Why do you so defiantly defend JB? He's a great coach but we have one National Championship and go to the Final 4 once a decade. Until that changes, he is open for criticism. Regular season wins only get you so far.
You can criticize him if you wish, but then why can't your criticisms be evaluated? People were claiming JB always does this, and I was pointing out he doesn't. I was pointing out that it is dependent on the players he has available.

You claimed MCW was a good example, I don't think so. MCW was capped systematically by JB because MCW was the 4th guard. A fourth guard getting 269 minutes is a lot. But this is not the case with Roberson, he has had the opportunity to get 3rd forward minutes. 3rd forwards can get significant time. Roberson is not getting significant time because JB does not feel he is ready for it.

So then it boils down to you thinking Roberson is ready vs JB who does not think Roberson is ready. JB has a lot more data to work with than you do. And furthermore it would be helpful to JB if he could play TR more.

That is not defiantly defending JB, but instead discussing, and showing the flaws, of your alledged criticism.

Eagles20 said:
Just cause this poster doesn't have a ton of posts doesn't mean he can't share his opinion and be objective. He wasn't bashing players or being a jerk. This is the reason why I'm more or a reader on this board and not a volume poster...just not always worth it to post your opinions

Eh. He didn't just make his point or argue his point. He also called another poster a troll, told others to take off their orange goggles, accused people of being JB lovers, used as an example him punching someone in the face, etc. etc. It's not what he was arguing, his approach and attitude sucked.

Eh. He didn't just make his point or argue his point. He also called another poster a troll, told others to take off their orange goggles, accused people of being JB lovers, used as an example him punching someone in the face, etc. etc. It's not what he was arguing, his approach and attitude sucked.
And most of that was happening while I was typing that and after my post..later in another post I said I agreed he was going to far. I was mostly referring to his first few posts that I read, not what followed.

And most of that was happening while I was typing that and after my post..later in another post I said I agreed he was going to far. I was mostly referring to his first few posts that I read, not what followed.

No problem. I didn't look to see timing.

I enjoy the site. I appreciate what you have built here. I have been a Syracuse Basketball fan since 1987. I was 5 and went to my first game. I am from the area.
I played professional baseball so I am not your average keyboard warrior.
I, for one, am impressed. No wonder you know so little about basketball. Baseball was your game. You fooled me though. I had you for about 12 years old at most, given your attitude and intelligence level.
Roberson:

Cornell 14 minutes 2-6
Fordham 12 minutes 1-4
Colgate 10 minutes 1-8
Binghamton 14 minutes 1-4
High Point 11 minutes 0-2
EMU 14 minutes 2-3
Va Tech 13 minutes 1-2
Clemson 7 minutes 0-2
Maryland 5 minutes 0-1
Ga Tech 23 minutes, 1-4.
Oops, those damn facts again.

If I might add a relevant point that I don't think has been mentioned yet... having a deep bench is not so important during the NCAA tournament, when there are extended media TOs, and half-time is lengthened from 15 to > 20 mins, plus the first coach TO in each half automatically becomes a 2:30 media TO (which are really more like 3:00 from whistle to whistle). There is plenty of time for young athletes to recover during stoppages.
I would also argue this is why coaching is a greater factor in the tournament - with all of the extended stoppages, the HC has more opportunities to make in-game adjustments.
Perhaps, but tournament performance can benefit greatly from a deep bench during the season by minimizing nagging injuries, mental fatigue, etc. It also opens up a wider pool of players when 2 or 3 guys are all having a bad game at the same time, not to mention foul trouble. One other area it can help is if you fall behind and need to press for 7-8 minutes, you can keep cycling in fresh legs.

So which one of you JB Homers wants to bet me in a "Last Longer" bet? I'll take NC State and you can have the wasted talent team -(thanks to JB).

The team that lasts longer in the tournament is the winner. I will bet you $500. We can escrow with one of the mods. I will Paypal it to him right now.

Basically I am betting you that Cuse cannot beat Ohio State or Dayton(assuming they get past WM) and NC State will beat St.Louis.

Anyone wanna stop chirping and start place some counterfeit Obama Bucks on it? Lets go.

So how did that work out?

I think NC State played too many people. Messed up their chemistry. They would have won if they played a tight 7.

I'm kidding, of course. I'm just indulging in the same dumb logic that you are.

By the way, did you see how many bench players SU had on the court? (at the end of the game)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom