Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court

Roberson:

Cornell 14 minutes 2-6
Fordham 12 minutes 1-4
Colgate 10 minutes 1-8
Binghamton 14 minutes 1-4
High Point 11 minutes 0-2
EMU 14 minutes 2-3
Va Tech 13 minutes 1-2
Clemson 7 minutes 0-2
Maryland 5 minutes 0-1
Ga Tech 23 minutes, 1-4.

This year. You know when it matters.

I don't know what he was predicting, but I know I wasn't predicting the team to be struggling going into the tournament losing 5 out of 7. Last year they struggled down the stretch in the regular season, but got momentum going in the Big East tournament. I think he has a very legitimate concern with lack of depth and players being tired... Look at CJ's defensive effort down the stretch of some games. Against NC State there were possessions where he barely moved on the defensive end. Thier are many ways to get players some breathers... A quick sub out before a media timeout is usually a way for a nice break.
Just cause this poster doesn't have a ton of posts doesn't mean he can't share his opinion and be objective. He wasn't bashing players or being a jerk. This is the reason why I'm more or a reader on this board and not a volume poster...just not always worth it to post your opinions
Oh come on...he's clearly hammering on the coach...of a 27-5 team.

The status quo on this site is stale. I'm looking for some fans who want to take off their orange goggles. Be honest. I grew up with Matt Gorman. I know things you guys dont know about JB. I got it from Gorman. I know how stubborn JB is. It is disgustingly frustrating. The difference is Gorman knew he wasn't good enough to get minutes.

Roberson is PLENTY good enough. His sample size has been so small it just isn't fair to say...well he didnt play well against GT. It was the only time he played more than 5 minutes this year.

That is all they needed. It really is/was that simple.
But did you grow up with Danny schayes?

Nobody is making you stay.

I enjoy the site. I appreciate what you have built here. I have been a Syracuse Basketball fan since 1987. I was 5 and went to my first game. I am from the area.
I played professional baseball so I am not your average keyboard warrior.

We were 30-5 during Southerland's frosh year, and an AO knee injury away from the Final Four.

I guess JB should have benched Wes Johnson instead. :D
It's just so nuts. Js would be an nba all star but for him being boeheimed his freshman year!

I enjoy the site. I appreciate what you have built here. I have been a Syracuse Basketball fan since 1987. I was 5 and went to my first game. I am from the area.
I played professional baseball so I am not your average keyboard warrior.

Only a thirteen-year-old would think that's a compelling argument. There have been no thirteen-year-old professional baseball players. Hence, you're full of shi-.

The2-3PWN said:
I enjoy the site. I appreciate what you have built here. I have been a Syracuse Basketball fan since 1987. I was 5 and went to my first game. I am from the area. I played professional baseball so I am not your average keyboard warrior.

Glad you enjoy the site but 90% of your posts hammer JBs use of the bench. Gotta be other topics to chime into, even some positive ones.

Only a thirteen-year-old would think that's a compelling argument. There have been no thirteen-year-old professional baseball players. Hence, you're full of shi-.

Math much?

This year. You know when it matters.
So does JAB. He deemed that the freshmen weren't ready to help the team win.

While everyone here would've loved to have see an extra player, or two, contribute during the season, the coaching staff just didn't believe that they would've contributed. Deal with it.

It's just so nuts. Js would be an nba all star but for him being boeheimed his freshman year!

Cool troll. I get it. You are used to short benches out there with Miller. Guess when Ashley went down Gabe York wasnt ready because he never played...

Math much?

I'll break that down again for you goofball.

Only a 13 year old would think "I played professional baseball" means jack-sh-- to anyone in regards to JB's ability to manage his bench. So it's clear you're not old enough to play professional baseball.

Yes, I do "math much." I logic even more.

You're obviously a child because your reasoning skills are nil (go take a look at your "last longer" bet, do you see a fundamental flaw in it? Here's a tip. If SU beat WM then lost, then NC State would have to beat St. Louis AND Louisville (or Manhattan) in order to "last longer." Or else they both would have gotten the boot in the same round).

Be honest most of you will not be taking I-90 West to go support our team. Most of you don't believe they can escape Buffalo. I understand. I am with you. I looked at flights from West Palm to Buffalo but I would rather stay here and watch Fernandez pitch for The Marlins in a split squad spring training game. They have a better chance to win.

Cool troll.
You're the newcomer coming in blazing away at SU's HOF coach, and now established posters are called "troll"s... right.

I suspect:
  1. Your time here may be short.
  2. People will start to explore/use the board's Ignore functionality.

IMO the overall record is sort of irrelevant if you finish out 2-5 with a pair of those losses coming against the 2 worst teams in your league.

Since we beat Duke in the Carrier Dome, we've played at the level of an NIT team. For 25 previous games we played at the level of a Final 4 team. I'm hoping (praying) it all turns around back to the F4 caliber team we were, but I don't have a lot of confidence. I honestly think this team just hit a wall. Cooney and Fair both have dead legs right now.

I'll break that down again for you goofball.

Only a 13 year old would think "I played professional baseball" means jack-sh-- to anyone in regards to JB's ability to manage his bench. So it's clear you're not old enough to play professional baseball.

Yes, I do "math much." I logic even more.

You're obviously a child because your reasoning skills are nil (go take a look at your "last longer" bet, do you see a fundamental flaw in it? Here's a tip. If SU beat WM then lost, then NC State would have to beat St. Louis AND Louisville (or Manhattan) in order to "last longer." Or else they both would have gotten the boot in the same round).

No. A last longer bet would simply mean the team who is still playing is the winner.

If Syracuse loses before NC State I win. Time and dates are a factor. When handicapping a potential risk/reward scenatio you have to account for ignorance like you just displayed and then lay odds to offset it so you dont feel bad when you scoop a bet from some mope like you

Just…wow

getting inside the head of a pro athlete and managing egos and talent is challenging. 99% of you just dont have the experience that I have or the athletic background to understand what wasted talent is. Don't feel bad you can still put your beers next to second base when you leg out your doubles in the Onondaga Slow Pitch Softball League this summer.

In the meantime keep doing those Frank Jobe Rotator Cuff exercises you saw on you tube

I'm a positive poster, I don't bash the players or the coach. I'm a very optimistic person. I love this team just like everyone on this board. The anticipation till game day drives me nuts. I believe this team has the talent to go very far and they proved many times what they are capable of. I also respect reading everyone's opinions on this board whether if I agree with them or not. I don't like people who continue to bash over and over again, and the OP could be one of those posters and as this thread went on it did get alittle too much, I agree.

I think I was hopeful that some of our starters would get some breathers as the season went on. I was hopeful that some of our bench guys would progress a little more to be able to play a few minutes a game to give our starters quick breaks to keep their energy level up. I'm not going to say that tired legs has caused this late season losing, but it is something I have questioned.

One thing I do know now is that those loses don't really matter now, and what does matter is how they play from this point on. Go Orange, time to play thier best basketball and make a run.

Last edited:
No. A last longer bet would simply mean the team who is still playing at is the winner.

If Syracuse loses before NC State I win. Time and dates are a factor. When handicapping a potential risk/reward scenatio you have to account for ignorance like you just displated and then lay odds to offset it so you dont feel bad when you scoop a bet from some mope like you

Oh, a bet that doesn't take into account the actual round they make it to but instead is dependent on the arbitrary date and time the games are scheduled? I don't know much about the "scenatio" I "displated," but I do know that's the type of bet only a special needs child would take or suggest.

I'm guessing your wife is equally disappointed with what your definition of "lasts longer" is.

It is quite comical to see the weak ones who are threatened lash out and attack me. If you look at the timeline of my posts in this thread, you will see that I returned fire ONLY AFTER certain JB Homers started attacking me. My returned fire was hardly anything derogatory towards any posters.

Oh, a bet that doesn't take into account the actual round they make it to but instead is dependent on the arbitrary date and time the games are scheduled? I don't know much about the "scenatio" I "displated," but I do know that's the type of bet only a special needs child would take or suggest.

I'm guessing your wife is equally disappointed with what your definition of "lasts longer" is.

Lasting Longer is simply that. Like if we were to get in a ring and you survived to round 2 with me. You did make it to the same round, but after I pounded your face in and you submitted to the better man, you indeed would be the loser in the last longer.

I've been a fan since 1972. That is 15 more years than you, if you can count that high. And the topic of JB and his short bench has been around for years. I think we just have figured at this point, even if a short bench seems strange, that JB knows what he is doing. He is the coach with the 2nd most wins in college basketball. So as much as this topic gets discussed over and over and over and over, I think most of us on here have learned to trust that JBs record shows he may know more than we all do. Also I believe the 2/3 zone saves a bit of energy over what other players expend. I also think with the history of the short bench, most players who come to SU know that they may not see much of the floor in the 2nd half of their Freshman year. If they have THAT much talent, tell them to talk to Dion Waters. He'll explain that they are not wasting their talent. They can catch up and get drafted in the lottery still after their Sophomore year.
Let's talk about things that this team CAN do. How to shoot better. How to get their confidence back. Not beat a dead horse anymore. We all get tired when you come on here and do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom