Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Look How Many Bench Players NC State has on the court

Sorry but Patterson is not a liability on D compared to Cooney and certainly isn't worse off the dribble offensively. No reason for him not to see minutes. Hell he probably would shoot a higher percentage than Trev too.

And we dont see any minutes for Roberson. Rotating Grant to the 5 to get Roberson at the 4 is much needed considering how bad Baye is right now.

Bus is simply not a very good shooter, he is 9 for 25 (.360) from the floor and 4 of 16 from 3 (.250)... Trevor has much better numbers. Sorry but Bus simply is not the player Trevor is at this point. I don't understand why people want to play unproven bench players when the starters have demonstrated they are better. You can look at the stats here:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/183/syracuse-orange

Bus is simply not a very good shooter, he is 9 for 25 (.360) from the floor and 4 of 16 from 3 (.250)... Trevor has much better numbers. Sorry but Bus simply is not the player Trevor is at this point. I don't understand why people want to play unproven bench players when the starters have demonstrated they are better. You can look at the stats here:

He needs some minutes. Not all the minutes. Why doesnt Lebron play 48 minutes?

Reality isn't miserable. It is manageable if you use the resources available to you. Look at NC State right now. They will get further than Cuse because they use their resources.

JB is wasting resources on that bench. It is a sad. It is wasted talent.

Its just another CUSE TALE...

The insight and wit you bring here is just… staggering

And the premise of wasted talent is obviously different in context than the movie; However JB is wasting scholarship talent on that bench. They could have helped. He is stubborn.

DM Southerland and ask him about it. I did. He was a victim of the JB wasted talent bugaboo.

Lol. Ok bud. Were 27-5. What were you predicting preseason?

Its not how you start its how you finish and we are set up to crash and burn because of JB's stubbornness.

Edit: JB coached in a vacuum of a pretend utopian fantasy land where nobody gets hurt and nobody needs to be coached up in case stuff happens. Stop being so results oriented. If you were logical and not a homer you would realize this team has lost 5 of 7. What is your excuse for that? Variance? LOL this isnt poker

I don't know, I get both sides, but the pro-short bench people seem to sometimes think playing everyone 40 minutes a game is some genius move because they are better talent

I don't think there are many people that think it's a genius move to play less players. Unfortunately we are limited this year in the number of good players we have.

And the premise of wasted talent is obviously different in context than the movie; However JB is wasting scholarship talent on that bench. They could have helped. He is stubborn.

DM Southerland and ask him about it. I did. He was a victim of the JB wasted talent bugaboo.
Wait...jb wasted southerlands talent? Lol...that's rich

Wasted Talent. JB is guilty of it this year. Take off your orange goggles
Let me guess, SU should play man-to-man as well.

Are you sure you're not related to BlueCurtain or iggy?

Its not how you start its how you finish and we are set up to crash and burn because of JB's stubbornness.
Look I get you enjoy trolling...it's your jolly time. I just don't get it...we have so little free time...the last thing I have time to do is troll other message boards. Maybe you just have some extra free time?

That sample size is meaningless. Cooney is shooting terrible in 2014

Let me guess, SU should play man-to-man as well.

Are you sure you're not related to BlueCurtain or iggy?
Related? Methinks if you ask him about nba court size you'd find they are not just related...

So which one of you JB Homers wants to bet me in a "Last Longer" bet? I'll take NC State and you can have the wasted talent team -(thanks to JB).

The team that lasts longer in the tournament is the winner. I will bet you $500. We can escrow with one of the mods. I will Paypal it to him right now.

Basically I am betting you that Cuse cannot beat Ohio State or Dayton(assuming they get past WM) and NC State will beat St.Louis.

Anyone wanna stop chirping and start place some counterfeit Obama Bucks on it? Lets go.

Lol. Ok bud. Were 27-5. What were you predicting preseason?
I don't know what he was predicting, but I know I wasn't predicting the team to be struggling going into the tournament losing 5 out of 7. Last year they struggled down the stretch in the regular season, but got momentum going in the Big East tournament. I think he has a very legitimate concern with lack of depth and players being tired... Look at CJ's defensive effort down the stretch of some games. Against NC State there were possessions where he barely moved on the defensive end. Thier are many ways to get players some breathers... A quick sub out before a media timeout is usually a way for a nice break.
Just cause this poster doesn't have a ton of posts doesn't mean he can't share his opinion and be objective. He wasn't bashing players or being a jerk. This is the reason why I'm more or a reader on this board and not a volume poster...just not always worth it to post your opinions

I agree there is no reason that roberson and patterson have not played more. I dont anyone is talking about much more than a solid 5-10 minutes a game but still they should have played.

The status quo on this site is stale. I'm looking for some fans who want to take off their orange goggles. Be honest. I grew up with Matt Gorman. I know things you guys dont know about JB. I got it from Gorman. I know how stubborn JB is. It is disgustingly frustrating. The difference is Gorman knew he wasn't good enough to get minutes.

Roberson is PLENTY good enough. His sample size has been so small it just isn't fair to say...well he didnt play well against GT. It was the only time he played more than 5 minutes this year.

I agree there is no reason that roberson and patterson have not played more. I dont anyone is talking about much more than a solid 5-10 minutes a game but still they should have played.

That is all they needed. It really is/was that simple.

Great, now our close games are counted as loses. We even have some D1 coaches on the board I don't think we knew about.

Roberson:

Cornell 14 minutes 2-6
Fordham 12 minutes 1-4
Colgate 10 minutes 1-8
Binghamton 14 minutes 1-4
High Point 11 minutes 0-2
EMU 14 minutes 2-3
Va Tech 13 minutes 1-2
Clemson 7 minutes 0-2
Maryland 5 minutes 0-1
Ga Tech 23 minutes, 1-4.

The2-3PWN said:
The status quo on this site is stale. I'm looking for some fans who want to take off their orange goggles. Be honest. I grew up with Matt Gorman. I know things you guys dont know about JB. I got it from Gorman. I know how stubborn JB is. It is disgustingly frustrating. The difference is Gorman knew he wasn't good enough to get minutes. Roberson is PLENTY good enough. His sample size has been so small it just isn't fair to say...well he didnt play well against GT. It was the only time he played more than 5 minutes this year. That is all they needed. It really is/was that simple.

Gorman, you, Roberson - anyone on this board - does not have 900+ wins. He has earned the right to do it his way.

He said they weren't ready. That we'd have lost double what we did (putting us on the bubble). He said if they don't show in practice, they don't play in games. That's not stubbornness.

You simply cannot argue the point. JB's teach record speaks louder than your whiny OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom