Magnum PI fans

upperdeck

Living Legend
really no Magnum Love? Tuttle knew the Adams Ribs but no one comments on the #1 all time Magnum episode

really no Magnum Love? Tuttle knew the Adams Ribs but no one comments on the #1 all time Magnum episode
I love Magnum pi. Not excited about the reboot. I don't know that episode by name. Do tell what is the episode about.

I am curiout what everyone's favorite episode is. I have 2. The one where the guy is calling with all the riddles and the one where he treads water the whole time

upperdeck

Living Legend
"did you see the run rise" is where Russion ivan brain washes TC when they are in prisoner camp during the war and and reativates him years later into attacking a delagation on the island. its famous for Magnum asking Ivan Did you see the sunrise" at the end what Magnum realizes he cant really do anything to the guy and the guy says yes, the screen goes black and you hear a gun shot.. Ivan tortured one of their best buddies in the camp as well. had them all locked in hanging cages.

I remember the episode. Been awhile since I have seen any of them. I need to go back and watch.

upperdeck

Living Legend
I give Episode 1 a B-. some fun, some homage to the original, updated it, at times a bit over the top. mcgyverish in its humor if you like that remake.

Still some room for improvement, which i think it needs to catch on,, but Lethal Weapon is in year 3 so who knows.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
I give Episode 1 a B-. some fun, some homage to the original, updated it, at times a bit over the top. mcgyverish in its humor if you like that remake.

Still some room for improvement, which i think it needs to catch on,, but Lethal Weapon is in year 3 so who knows.
I watched and one of the commercials was for a new show FBI. With all these reboots I immediately thought who is going to play the Ephraim Zimbalist Jr character. ;)

upperdeck

Living Legend
not sure the ratings will be good enough to keep it around that long but we will see. probably would be better in a different time slot, if only fridays had another hour for cbs reboots

the best Magnum was when he portrayed an old school detective in a dream. Higgins with the worst southern accent ever.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
the best Magnum was when he portrayed an old school detective in a dream. Higgins with the worst southern accent ever.
And Hillerman could probably pull that "worst southern accent" off as he was from Texas.

Top Bottom