Mayors in NYC & LA | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Mayors in NYC & LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you have to admit (experts) don't always lead well. Technical competence is a small part of being a great leader

Correct -- no one expects Trump to have technical expertise in pandemics.

What is expected of him during a national emergency:
-Clear, concise, consistent communication
-Allowing experts to lead (involving Jared and Ivanka is clownish)
-Not trolling people (it's incomprehensible that I have to say that for a US President)
-Being the President of all Americans, not just his base. (similar to how GW Bush led after 9/11 or Republican governors like Hogan and Dewine are doing right now)
-Stop trying to distract people with excuses. You are the President, the buck stops with you -- be a leader and lead.

By reality, right?
They have been massaged to fit agendas. Like body counts in all wars and huge natural clamities.

For Example, the CT infant who died sadly by an accident but was listed as dead from complications to Covid-19. (The infant tested positive postmortem). However, the CT governor and media pushed a narrative

-Not trolling people (it's incomprehensible that I have to say that for a US President)
-Being the President of all Americans, not just his base. (similar to how GW Bush led after 9/11 or Republican governors like Hogan and Dewine are doing right now)
-Stop trying to distract people with excuses. You are the President, the buck stops with you -- be a leader and lead.
I can't imagine anyone could disagree with any of that.

Sorry to disagree, but the impeachment defense is a sham. The Chinese may have lied, but trump’s actions were his own choices because he didn’t want “his numbers” to go down. He called Coronavirus a hoax, failed to implement a testing program, and continues to play politics with peoples lives. This is all on him.
Agreed.

Anybody with a lunch break x>=5 minutes and access to the yahoo homepage either knew or should have known what was going on.

I find it hard to believe that I made myself more informed on the crisis than the president of the United States mid-peanut butter sandwich on a random Tuesday on January.

And, if I really do have better access to information regarding the current crisis than the president does, then may God help us all.

Blaming his incompetence on his imprachment

Agreed.

Anybody with a lunch break x>=5 minutes and access to the yahoo homepage either knew or should have known what was going on.

I find it hard to believe that I made myself more informed on the crisis than the president of the United States mid-peanut butter sandwich on a random Tuesday on January.

And, if I really do have better access to information regarding the current crisis than the president does, then may God help us all.

Blaming his incompetence on his imprachment
The difference is that you don't mind reading.

Your numbers are just so off on all of this, but I'm intrigued. 8 year olds aren't allowed to get the vaccine.

I was wrong to imply a 1st grader would need a mandatory HPV vac. But they'll go as young as 9 and .the vaccine is pushed at 11 years old which is 5th grade. Mandatory in NYS will be 7th grade so the age range would be 11 and 12 years old. Besides the 1 year, what other numbers 'are just so off' on this ??

The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends
routine vaccination against HPV for both girls and boys 11-12 years of
age, though the vaccine can be given to children as young as 9 years old
in cases where such children have a history of sexual abuse or assault.
This is because the vaccine is most effective when it is administered
prior to its recipient becoming sexually active.

Here's the Bill that's being pushed in New York.

This bill would require all children born on or after January 1, 2009
who are entering or have entered the seventh grade in New York State on
or after September 1, 2021 to receive the HPV vaccine in order to attend
school.

The numbers for making this mandatory are not very compelling.

What do you care though you live in Vermont.

Last edited:
They'll go as young as 9 (so I was off by one year)...the vaccine is pushed at 11 years old which is 5th grade. Mandatory in NYS will be 7th grade so the age range would be 11 and 12 years old. Besides the 1 year, what other numbers 'are just so off' on this ??

in cases where such children have a history of s e xual abuse or assault.
prior to its recipient becoming s e xually active.

school.

I've got a 16 year old boy who has had the vaccination. All kids should have, especially girls. You've got a chance to take away the one thing that could lead to a girl getting cervical cancer.

I'm curious to know what the side effects your anecdotes suffered from, because I'm having a hard time finding anything legit on side effects other than swelling in the area.

And you weren't off by one year. 9 is the age only if there is a history of sexual abuse or assault.

I was wrong to imply a 1st grader would need a mandatory HPV vac. But they'll go as young as 9 and .the vaccine is pushed at 11 years old which is 5th grade. Mandatory in NYS will be 7th grade so the age range would be 11 and 12 years old. Besides the 1 year, what other numbers 'are just so off' on this ??

in cases where such children have a history of s e xual abuse or assault.
prior to its recipient becoming s e xually active.

school.

Dude, are you 11 in 5th, or 11 in 7th? Can't be both.

Again, numbers are off...

Call me old-fashioned, but I just want someone who controls nuclear launch codes and someone who trolls Alsacs to not have anything in common.
Don’t worry the guy who controls nuclear launch codes is in bed with Russia, right??

wait, that was Hillary.

but he will never get to get to use his codes without a -ton happening 1st.

people make the launch codes seem as easy to put in use as getting in an elevator and choosing your floor

I've got a 16 year old boy who has had the vaccination. All kids should have, especially girls. You've got a chance to take away the one thing that could lead to a girl getting cervical cancer.

I'm curious to know what the side effects your anecdotes suffered from, because I'm having a hard time finding anything legit on side effects other than swelling in the area.

And you weren't off by one year. 9 is the age only if there is a history of s e xual abuse or assault.

Strange factoid

The HPV vaccine can be used to treat plantars warts.

Take it to the football board. Oh...wait
I was thinking I had lost my way ... thx. :cool: But hey, who doesn't enjoy talking politics with the football guys?! All this time, I have been making things waaaaay too complicated. Should have stuck wtih the basics: 1) cut taxes and get rid of regulations (oh, and the regulators); 2) the euros are wimps and any other country that gives us chit (except Israel) gets flattened into a golf course!; and 3) the rest is noise from the libs and the media.

Last edited:

You're asking too much. You're disappointed because your expectations are too high.

Just like every other country out there. He was also in the middle of the ridiculous impeachment. The Dems were all in on impeachment and the WHO and Chinese lied
If only we had access to our own information on what was happening over in China. Good thing the toddler in chief chose to ignore that intelligence and to dial back our pandemic resources. He was however giddy to take xis word on things over and over, and advertised it for all to see, since they have such a great relationship.

The Chinese cover-up was the crime. We can and will Monday Morning QB Trump, Pelosi, Cuomo, DeBlasio, etc...but China made it worse by hiding it for 6 weeks and getting the WHO to lie for them.

China needs to be punished, the WHO de-funded and reorganized and FEMA, CDC and the Individual States need to put the BS aside and work out better pandemic and other catastrophic responses.
Above all, the guy at the top is wholly unfit to be in charge, he shows it off everyday.

fixed
From the crowd that tells us we should just willing sacrifice 2-3% of this country in a quest to return to normalcy while ignoring that many others will die as our healthcare system is overwhelmed. The death panelist crowd has come a long way baby!

Dude, are you 11 in 5th, or 11 in 7th? Can't be both.

Again, numbers are off...

Sure it can. It depends on your birthday. My kid will finish out 5th grade 11 years old. He'll be 12 when he enters 7th grade. If you're birthday is in Sept. You'll be 10 when you finish 5th grade and 11 when you start 7th grade.

I like this guy... common sense. A counter to those that want to kill the economy

Who wants to kill the economy. No one. So to start any discussion with that begins animus and no one wants to reasonably discuss anything with a person trying to distort the discussion.
Its like starting a conversation with 'you're a jerk' now let's try to calmly, and in an adult and professional manner talk about this. Then you're shocked when they retort angrily.
Your post could have just as easily been written by Cuomo because that's what he's saying too. (Without all the military imagery) Its just common sense which isn't owned by any particular political party.

I admit I'm a trump guy. These Governors are Tyrants. Coumo, Murphy, Whitmer. So Good on The President.

That being said why Mr. President did you put the power of re-opening on the Govenors then telling them to call your own shots.

As far as Tyrant Govenor Coumo speaking as a CNY Local. He better not keep us locals of CNY (and other counties regions outside NYC) on shutdown as long as the Greater NYC Tri-State area. We are gonna be ready and able to re-open restart before them. Treat us as a Region not as an Overall State.

Like I said the people will only take this so long.
Just make sure if you get infected, don’t seek healthcare and steal valuable resources from people who chose not to be willfully stupid.

Some do...but most are me shaking my head yes. His Tweets have me laughing most of the time as he triggers the weak and idiots in politics/media.

Corporate media and the deep state are horrible. Trump got elected because folks West of I-95 and East of I-5 are pissed off.
Deep State nutjobs will believe anything Trumps says. He lies about his lies and then you believe him because he repeat nonsensical circular blabber. And that has nothing to do with politics. He's not a Republican he's a cult of personality who says he can do anything he wants then demurs the next day after finding out what the truth is. And you say he's strong president? Weakness surrounds him. If you have to use childish names, you're a weak man.

Last edited:
I hope Biden nominates Half-Witmer as VP.

She'll send shivers down the spine of undecided voters when they realize she'll be the President in 2022.
The dipshts on the step of the Capitol in Michigan with confederate flags and rifles crying about their freedoms, along with the scum that forced Wisconsin to go out and vote in an election in the middle of a pandemic, will be much more influential in terrorizing swing voters. The trump party should be scared shtless by those results btw, bodes terribly in a must win state 6 months out from the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom