Melo Stays with the Knicks !!!! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Melo Stays with the Knicks !!!!

This deal was sent to me and makes sense for both teams. If I were running the Knicks I would trade Melo. Trade I was told being discussed is Carmelo and JR Smith for Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the first-round pick the Bulls have from the Sacramento Kings, another future pick, Nikola Mirotic, Mike Dunleavy.
Knicks get assets and expiring contracts.
So you think Phil wants the Knicks to win 5 or 6 games this year and maybe 30 next??

Okie doke

What about the Cavs? Don't they have beaucoup cash to spend, LeBron's $$ aside?

So you think Phil wants the Knicks to win 5 or 6 games this year and maybe 30 next??

Okie doke
Phil didn't like Melo in the past and if they give him 129 million then Phil's tenure is tied to Melo if the Knicks could get the assets I suggested I would do it. Winning 40 games next year does nothing the Knicks need to rebuild Melo is 30 now so unless he is going to win in the next 2 years you should trade him while you can.

Those assets are shlit.

If Phil didn't want Melo here, he would've pushed him out long ago.

He will be ok if Melo goes, but that's plan B.

Why is there a 2 year window anyway.

The only certain things about the next 2 years are the cavs will get better, rose will have likely played 20 games total, Noah will be a FA and Kobe will retire.

When Melo stays, the other certainty will be the Rise of the Knicks.

This deal was sent to me and makes sense for both teams. If I were running the Knicks I would trade Melo. Trade I was told being discussed is Carmelo and JR Smith for Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the first-round pick the Bulls have from the Sacramento Kings, another future pick, Nikola Mirotic, Mike Dunleavy.
I see the logic. Melo wants to win now and not wait to rebuild. Wouldn't be surprised if Melo forces a sign and trade with Bulls to get the $$$ somewhat closer. If he is leaving, the Knicks might as well get something that helps them rebuild. Probably Sacramento's #1 which will be a lottery pick, rights to Mirotic, another future #1, Boozer's expiring contract. That should give the Knicks 2 lottery picks next year (including their own which probably would be a top 4). It would be a brutal year but you bite the bullet, that's how you restock plus a ton of cap space next year. I don't see the Bulls giving up Butler and they would be crazy to take back JR Smith who probably makes more than Butler and is a total nut job.

I see the logic. Melo wants to win now and not wait to rebuild. Wouldn't be surprised if Melo forces a sign and trade with Bulls to get the $$$ somewhat closer. If he is leaving, the Knicks might as well get something that helps them rebuild. Probably Sacramento's #1 which will be a lottery pick, rights to Mirotic, another future #1, Boozer's expiring contract. That should give the Knicks 2 lottery picks next year (including their own which probably would be a top 4). It would be a brutal year but you bite the bullet, that's how you restock plus a ton of cap space next year. I don't see the Bulls giving up Butler and they would be crazy to take back JR Smith who probably makes more than Butler and is a total nut job.
The Knicks would require the Bulls taking Smith's contract off their books and Butler would be part of the deal as the Knicks would want him.

Those assets are shlit.

If Phil didn't want Melo here, he would've pushed him out long ago.

He will be ok if Melo goes, but that's plan B.

Why is there a 2 year window anyway.

The only certain things about the next 2 years are the cavs will get better, rose will have likely played 20 games total, Noah will be a FA and Kobe will retire.

When Melo stays, the other certainty will be the Rise of the Knicks.
How could Phil push Melo out? He took over after the ASB. Phil begged Melo to opt in next year. He didn't and now has to give Melo 129 million to keep him and that would kill their future ability to get FAs. They would only have 28 million to sign 6-9 guys good luck winning a title with that roster.

word is bulls trying to engage lakers for sign and trade for gasol with boozer going in that deal with assets

word is bulls trying to engage lakers for sign and trade for gasol with boozer going in that deal with assets
Gasol, Rose, Noah, Gibson, McDermott COME ON Melo that is such a better cast to win a title.

How could Phil push Melo out? He took over after the ASB. Phil begged Melo to opt in next year. He didn't and now has to give Melo 129 million to keep him and that would kill their future ability to get FAs. They would only have 28 million to sign 6-9 guys good luck winning a title with that roster.
He couldve pushed him out very easily. Tell him to go get a deal and you're out.

Tell him you opt out, your done. I'm the Big Chief now and either you are 220% in, or you're gone.

NYC would've backed Phil.

But Phil, and some of us...are too Fn smart to let that scenario play out.

Now if he goes, 1st of all FLUCK him, he'd be dead to me till he retires or at least when the school is cashing his checks, but Phil just moves on.

At no point does anyone think 14-15 is the ONLY window to win a Championship nor do we think he will resign amare or bargani, which I'm guessing you must think he will.

With or without Melo, the Knicks will have cap room and can make a serious run over the next 5 years.

He couldve pushed him out very easily. Tell him to go get a deal and you're out.

Tell him you opt out, your done. I'm the Big Chief now and either you are 220% in, or you're gone.

NYC would've backed Phil.

But Phil, and some of us...are too Fn smart to let that scenario play out.

Now if he goes, 1st of all FLUCK him, he'd be dead to me till he retires or at least when the school is cashing his checks, but Phil just moves on.

At no point does anyone think 14-15 is the ONLY window to win a Championship nor do we think he will resign amare or bargani, which I'm guessing you must think he will.

With or without Melo, the Knicks will have cap room and can make a serious run over the next 5 years.
If Phil played hardball and said if you opt out good bye and you think the NYK would have backed Phil that is absolutely crazy. How could any fan EXPECT MELO NOT TO OPT OUT AND TAKE THE MONEY. Phil has no problem getting 12 million dollars for a job he has never had before and he would be paid higher than all but 2 NYK players.

If he goes its because he realizes the future FA crop SUCKS, and if he wants to win a championship he needs a better roster. Melo isn't going to take less money to stay with the Knicks because it doesn't do him any good. The salary cap in the NBA is a joke and the owners KICKED the player's asses this last lockout and now its impossible to really create a team thru FA unless you have collusion among the players and they take less together.

In today's NBA you need to get lucky and draft good players and they develop i.e. Indiana, Chicago, Portland San Antonio or you get superstars and they win i.e. Lebron James team, Oklahoma City, LA Lakers.

The Knicks gutted their team for Melo in 2011 because Melo was greedy and that hurt the Knicks. While the pieces may have not been much they killed other possible deals for the NYK by using up assets. This new salary cap is going to basically allow 2 MAX contracts for the NYK. Who are the FAs that going to come to NY? Rajon Rondo and Marc Gasol are going to be the best unrestricted FAs next summer. Aldridge is staying in Portland, Love will sign with Cleveland or Golden State whichever trades for him. Tell me where the Knicks moves are going to come from? They won't be a title contender for atleast 3-4 years.

Of course he opts out, but if he goes, he will be a chicken little piece of shlit and Phil will win the PR battle. the press and most fans absolutely wouldve backed him earlier too.

we covered this, the '11 team was absolutely pathetic, of course it was gutted, good riddance. We got got Melo...a Win.

Yes, the owners won, good for them.

This is fluid, the Knicks will get players. I don't expect them to just say...we quit!!! This will be too hard!

Chicago blows and won't win shlit too btw.

Knicks just got a huge boost by signing Cole Aldrich. That should put them over the top:rolleyes:

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Carmelo would not reveal his choice. All he said was "this is very tough." Biggest decision of his career.

Isola's creditability is on the line here. I think Melo takes the money because of Lala, but winning a title is more likely in Chicago.

KaiserUEO said:
Of course he opts out, but if he goes, he will be a chicken little piece of shlit and Phil will win the PR battle. the press and most fans absolutely wouldve backed him earlier too. we covered this, the '11 team was absolutely pathetic, of course it was gutted, good riddance. We got got Melo...a Win. Yes, the owners won, good for them. This is fluid, the Knicks will get players. I don't expect them to just say...we quit!!! This will be too hard! Chicago blows and won't win shlit too btw.

I'm in complete agreement over everything you've posted in this thread. We need to talk football uni's again... ;)

I think it's a given they amnesty Boozer if that means they get Melo, right?

Reisndorf is just so cheap; they might rather try for a sign and trade.

If my two options are sign Melo to max money, or do that trade, I'm taking the trade.

The pick from the Kings is a little dicey; it's top 10 protected for 3 years, and then it goes away. So you'd need the Kings to finish outside the bottom ten once int he next 3 years, in the West. But Mirotic is a good prospect, I like Butler, and I don't want to be paying Melo 28 million in 3 or 4 years

Dunleavy isn't likely to be available for sign and trade as he is likely going to LAkers in Gasol deal

Stephen A reporting Melo's people have told Rockets and Bulls to "move on". He's back in NY.

Stephen A reporting Melo's people have told Rockets and Bulls to "move on". He's back in NY.
the decision hes struggling over is...at what $$$.

If Melo takes a haircut to around 85 to. 95 million then the Knicks could be a player if Phil can do it. If Melo takes 129 million then the Knicks are done during his tenure.

If Melo takes a haircut to around 85 to. 95 million then the Knicks could be a player if Phil can do it. If Melo takes 129 million then the Knicks are done during his tenure.

Woj says at least 120. Way to go Melo

FisolaNYDN 2:11pm via Twitter Web Client

I'm pretty sure Carmelo will take less than $129 million. Not saying it will be five years $100 but it won't be $129 million

They could both be right, but I'll stay optimistic.

Woj says at least 120. Way to go Melo

They could both be right, but I'll stay optimistic.
Yeah that isn't shocking he wants the money but he has killed the Knicks chances to add more than 1 MAX player and very little depth without a trade exemption. Melo probably sees Bosh getting 118 and wants a little more than that.

So he should take $35-45 million less than the max?! How many people would do that? 1 in a 1,000?

So he should take $35-45 million less than the max?! How many people would do that? 1 in a 1,000?
Melo has already made 135 million on the court without any endorsements as well. The NBA salary cap totally favors the owners if Melo wants to win a title then taking the MAX kills the Knicks chances of accomplishing that. He should take whatever he can negotiate but don't say you wanna win a title if your taking 120 million and eat up over 1/3 of the Knicks cap space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom