Mookie is Transferring, guess his landing spot | Syracusefan.com

Mookie is Transferring, guess his landing spot

Not according to his twitter feed. Said he will be back next year and still "bleeds orange"

I don't believe it, outside of a family problem how many issues can a bench player have before he isn't welcome back.

He has Iona written all over him

Iona or Marist would be the two most local realistic options if he transferred.

More Mookie bashing. We're so nice to our own players

eh, I don't have a ton of sympathy for someone who gets a free-ride at a great basketball program/university and then F's it up. That goes for Melo as well at this moment, but we'll see how that plays out.

All I know is someone at my sons hoops game this morning actually said these words to me when I told him Mookie was gone "Man there goes our depth now".

(n)

I was told that he will be back and eventually finish up at the university. Now perhaps the staff will feel differently so time will tell, but as of today this is what Mook hopes to do... and it's from Mook.

I'm going with Iona, where he will be the 7th man.

Mookie was a very talented, heralded HS kid who never quite broke thru into our rotation. He had some tough times, but he seemed like a good teammate and not a trouble maker, e.g. he wasn't getting into fights with people, getting arrested, etc. Best of luck to him. If it's something in his family, I wish them the best. Seems like a nice kid who could have had a career more like Kevin Jones, if he had gone to another school.

Man, I thought he was a senior! Is he a redshirt Junior? I'm confused why a player would leave school mid-way through the semester on the #1 team in the country.

eh, I don't have a ton of sympathy for someone who gets a free-ride at a great basketball program/university and then F's it up. That goes for Melo as well at this moment, but we'll see how that plays out.
How did he "F it up?" By not being good enough to make the rotation? He's been model citizen on the bench all year, understanding he has little to no role on our team this year. Fab might , but at least that's a reason to not like someone.

Whatever the problem, I hope he stays in school and graduates. That would allow him to play elsewhere without sitting out. Good kid, I wish him well.

Whatever the problem, I hope he stays in school and graduates. That would allow him to play elsewhere without sitting out. Good kid, I wish him well.

I agree.

Kid has been a class act and im sure he is tough in practice as a zone buster. Lets wish him well

We need Mookie to finish up classes and be in good academic standing. Can't afford to continue to have players leaving with grades that are worthless with the NCAA beginning to crackdown on the APR and possible NCAA tournament bans

Eastern Michigan.

They need scoring... see: Eastern Michigan 41, Toledo 38, Final today.

How did he "F it up?" By not being good enough to make the rotation? He's been model citizen on the bench all year, understanding he has little to no role on our team this year. Fab might , but at least that's a reason to not like someone.
Totally agree. Blurb in the PS said it was for personal reasons and also Mookie said family comes first. I hope things end up well. He won't be the first kidwho has had to leave for family issues and I think won't be the last under JB. My sons coaches say these should be the kids priorities Family, school, team. In that order.

All I know is someone at my sons hoops game this morning actually said these words to me when I told him Mookie was gone "Man there goes our depth now".

(n)
I hope it wasn't a coach. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom