NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

They have to take salary back anyway because of how ridiculously far over they are.
Yeah, so I just think if you're going to have a ridiculously high tax bill, you may as well try and win at least the east.

If I can have Lebron on my team, especially if I'm in the east, there's just no way I'm punting on a season before it starts.

Yeah, so I just think if you're going to have a ridiculously high tax bill, you may as well try and win at least the east.

If I can have Lebron on my team, especially if I'm in the east, there's just no way I'm punting on a season before it starts.
You my friend are forgetting that Dan Gilbert is kind of an idiot.

Kyrie thinks he can lead his own team like Steph and Russ. The problem is he doesn't make anyone around him better.

Kyrie thinks he can lead his own team like Steph and Russ. The problem is he doesn't make anyone around him better.

Love Kyrie, he's a stone-cold killer. Amazing handle, superb shooter, full of confidence, but also has injury history. The way he plays, the ridiculous moves he makes getting through a maze of defenders, are tough on the knees and ankles. He's one knee tweak away from being rendered null and void, a la the 2015 Finals.

His career has been taken to an extraordinarily high level by playing alongside one of the greatest players in the history of the game who has a history, going back to high school, of elevating players around him (I'm talking to you, 2009 All-Star Mo Williams).

Kyrie'll be great wherever he plays and can be the alpha dogg -- instead one of the alpha doggs -- anywhere. But, from what I read, which I know is far from the whole story, it appears LeBron needs to have a sit-down with Uncle Drew and hash things out so they can co-exist this coming season.

Marla Ridenour: With relationships seemingly beyond repair, Cavaliers should trade Kyrie Irving if they can get big return

Kevin Love is basically the opposite of fat.
That doesn't matter.

Anyway, I'm all chips in on the Cavs trading the big three all to WC teams.

This is key. He's never won without LeBron and the team's performance with Bron off the floor and Kyrie on the floor is a net negative (forget the exact number).

Also, this had to have been 1) known for a while and 2) leaked by someone that wanted him gone (unless Kyrie's circle leaked it to help expedite things).

This is key. He's never won without LeBron and the team's performance with Bron off the floor and Kyrie on the floor is a net negative (forget the exact number).

Also, this had to have been 1) known for a while and 2) leaked by someone that wanted him gone (unless Kyrie's circle leaked it to help expedite things).

I read somewhere, but now I can't find it, that the Cavs are something like 4-21 without LeBron since he returned to Cleveland.

This as a good read on the situation by one of the more-credible, reasonable NBA writers.

Kyrie Irving's trade request isn't a betrayal of LeBron James

Ramona Shelbourne put out a story today, he demanded the trade on July 7! Also, the Cavs thought they had a deal in place to essentially move Love for George but the Pacers backed out at the last second.

If I'm doing this right, it looks like the Cavs were about -8 per 100 with Kyrie on the court and Lebron off. If you make it Love and Irving and no Lebron, it's about -3 per 100

Last edited:
Ramona Shelbourne put out a story today, he demanded the trade on July 7! Also, the Cavs thought they had a deal in place to essentially move Love for George but the Pacers backed out at the last second.

If I'm doing this right, it looks like the Cavs were about -8 per 100 with Kyrie on the court and Lebron off. If you make it Love and Irving and no Lebron, it's about -3 per 100

Great article.

Man I feel old after realizing former West Virginia player Mike Gansey is now the #2 exec for Cleveland.

Great article.

Man I feel old after realizing former West Virginia player Mike Gansey is now the #2 exec for Cleveland.
He will be the GM in 3 years then when his contract expires will be let go.

Gilbert doesn't pay his executives beyond their first contract so he doesn't have to pay market rate.

Can any of Kyrie's top 4 beat this package?
DFSLZOhXgAAz75Y

Can any of Kyrie's top 4 beat this package?
DFSLZOhXgAAz75Y

Spurs were always set up to be players next year. Not sure how they would swing it right now for Kyrie (would assume it would have to be Danny Green plus DJ at least). I can't imagine LMA being involved unless it's a three-teamer.

Knicks with Melo for Kyrie plus whatever needs to be filled in? One year go of it before Melo goes to Hou and Bron to LA.

TWolves would have to be giving up Wiggins, right? Teague can't be traded until Dec 15th.

Miami? Dragic plus picks?

Right? He and Thomas are basically equals. Kyrie, Lillard, Thomas, Wall...the 2nd echelon type of guys.
Kyrie is a lot better than Isaiah IMO.

Kyrie is a top 15 player. I love IT but it will burnout a lot sooner because the beatings he takes will take their toll a lot sooner than Irving. IT is 28 while Kyrie is 25. I would make the deal I offered if I were Ainge.
If Cleveland trades Kyrie this offseason I think Toronto or Boston could win the East next year.

Ainge needs to cash in some of these assets for a more established player. Everyone keeps saying Anthony Davis but I don't see it happening for another few years.

Right? He and Thomas are basically equals. Kyrie, Lillard, Thomas, Wall...the 2nd echelon type of guys.
I think IT is fool's gold. Little guards don't age well. Kyrie, for all his faults, does have a ring, in large part because he made plays.

Plus, gotta remember... contracts matter. Two years (at least) of Kyrie at those dollars is noice. He barely makes more than Biyombo. I'd rather have Kyrie for two years at his current contract rather than one of IT on a friendly deal and one on a contract that's way, way too high.

Man, last off-season was just really stupid. I go back and forth between convincing myself that NBA front office people are smart, to then having to confront realities like how stupid the contracts were last off-season because nobody could live with being patient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom