NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Kanter - arguably the worst defensive player in the NBA.

McDermott - second coming of Steve Novak

2nd round pick - odds are this never matters

I mean...
The 2nd round pick is the best asset they got as it's the Bulls 2nd round pick and they suck.

The pick could be 31.

The rest is utter garbage.

The 2nd round pick is the best asset they got as it's the Bulls 2nd round pick and they suck.

The pick could be 31.

The rest is utter garbage.
I mean... if that's the upside for the Knicks... I mean, wow.

I mean... if that's the upside for the Knicks... I mean, wow.

But the entire league knew they were trading him, and there was only a handful of teams he was willing to go to, what were they going to get for him?

But the entire league knew they were trading him, and there was only a handful of teams he was willing to go to, what were they going to get for him?
I know. Sure was swell how Phil Jackson blew up the Melo relationship.

YOUR 2017-18 EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL STARS

LeBron
Giannis
Kyrie
Demar
J Wall
K Love
Lowry
G Hayward
???????????????????????????????????????????

Horford? IT is injured. Beal? A healthy Embiid (is that even a thing)?

The East is a joke.

LeBron
Giannis
Kyrie
Demar
J Wall
K Love
Lowry
G Hayward

The East is a joke.
The guys that get left off the West team would roll the East roster.

Trade was embarrassing.

They couldn't get a 1??

Even if that 1 is like 26h, it's still better than this garbage.

That's as bad as what the Knicks sent to Denver in the 1st place.

Can't Silver step in and declare this trade stupid??

It'll be fascinating to see what kind of role Wade plays for his next team. He SHOULD be a 6th man at this point in his career but not sure he'll accept that. And if he goes to Cleveland, assuming that the other 4 starters are JR, LeBron, Love, and Thompson, it'll be fascinating to see who starts at "PG" between Rose and Wade.

It'll be fascinating to see what kind of role Wade plays for his next team. He SHOULD be a 6th man at this point in his career but not sure he'll accept that. And if he goes to Cleveland, assuming that the other 4 starters are JR, LeBron, Love, and Thompson, it'll be fascinating to see who starts at "PG" between Rose and Wade.

Cavs, from what I read, still want Rose coming off the bench, Isaiah's absence aside. Maybe go with LeBron at point, Swish in the backcourt with him. I think Shumpert's days as a backup point guard -- and as a Cav -- are numbered.

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking if Wade goes to Cleveland, he'd start ahead of Rose, if it comes down to those two.

Love to see him in Cleveland, but looks like they have some competition.

I'm a recovering degenerate gambler, among other things, and haven't dealt with a bookie in 35 years, but I'm thinking of coming out of retirement to make one bet (and hope I can keep it to one): Cavs to win title. I've seen lines with the Cavs from plus 180 to plus 520, for kicks and giggles, thinking about putting down a hunge or two. Nothing crazy.

I was telling a buddy I like the Wade pickup for the Cavs, like some other moves they've made, he said he'd give me plus 600. Then, when I tried to explain to him why Wade should help the Cavs while he told me it's like the Knicks picking up Noah and other worn-out stars, he said he'd give me plus 650. I think I can get him to go higher.

Warriors a monster with Durant, no doubt, but I think the Cavs could shock and awe. Just a gut feeling.

Sam Presti's offseason:
Trade Oladipo, Sabonas for Paul George.
Trade Kanter, McDermott for Carmelo.
Extend Westbrook for 5 years

Pretty Decent.

When you write it out like that...

Obviously 2 of those had some weird scenarios around them, but jesus christ

I should NOT be this excited to watch my Lakers first preseason game tonight when it’s still September. But I am!

Can’t wait to see Ball. How much better Ingram is. How Randle looks after really focusing on his diet and getting in better shape. How Lopez fits in(I think he’s going to have an excellent season in this offense with the focus on spacing and moving the ball and his ability to shoot).

LeBron
Giannis
Kyrie
Demar
J Wall
K Love
Lowry
G Hayward

The East is a joke.

Dion Waiters baby

Cant wait for the season.

I second that emotion. Season, soon come. Two weeks from Tuesday, season opener, Celtics at Cleveland, Cavs early 5 1/2-point favorite, quite possibly a new starter at center for Cavs with Tristan Thompson coming off the bench. I like.

And, after Kyrie's return to Cleveland wearing green, Houston at Golden State (Warriors 9-point favorite).

Let the games begin!

Lue: Cavaliers open to starting Love at center

Man, I love the way Ball looks to get the transition game going. Gives that ball up, constantly looking up the court and getting that ball up there quickly if anyone’s open up there. Becomes contagious and everyone’s looking to run because they know they’ll get the ball.

Edit: Ennis is looking really good out there too. Both guys are PG’s I’d want to play with if I were a wing or a big guy.

Last edited:

LeBron
Giannis
Kyrie
Demar
J Wall
K Love
Lowry
G Hayward

The East is a joke.

I think KP will make it this year.

Color me crazy (you wouldn't be the first), but I like the Cavs' lineup that Ty Lue's putting together with Kyrie gone and Isaiah Thomas maybe 3 months away from being ready. Love the move to move Love to center and have the high-energy Tristan Thompson coming off the bench -- plus having Wade, for now at least, running the second unit,

Two weeks from tonight, season openers, Boston at Cleveland, Houston at GS. I'm as happy as a little girl.
Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue anoints Kevin Love starting center; Dwyane Wade likes ‘playmaker’ role with second unit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom