NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Longer the Lakers stay alive in the playoffs the better they’ll get. The time to get them is now and I think they’re fortunate to get Phoenix in round 1 because I’m not sure what they have for AD on that roster. There’s not really an obvious match up. Then Lakers have guys to at-least make life not easy for CP3 and Book.

Lakers have LeBron still working through his ankle, Schroeder missed some time and needs to settle back in, AD missed a ton of time and seems to still be working his way back to what he was last postseason. Then just figuring out rotations with some of the new pieces and having Bron back that they didn’t have much of a chance to work with in the regular season. I’d think all of that will improve each passing week.

Yep, and if they beat the Suns, then they get the Nugs without Murray or the Blazers in round 2. Then, who knows who would be waiting in the WCF.

Just want the Dubs to beat the Grizz so we can see more of Steph.

Does anyone with ties to New York know anyone who actually roots for the Nets? Everyone I knew grew up big Knicks fans and is super excited about the Knicks season and their future. I can’t say the same about Brooklyn.
I grew up in Central NY as a Lakers fan in the Chamberlain, West, Baylor etc. era but by the mid-80s primarily followed Cuse and college basketball. When I moved to Brooklyn in 86 as a Cuse fan I couldn't support the Knicks with Ewing and became a big Nets fan when they drafted DC in 1990. (I still have the Nets hat I bought the day after he was drafted.) After moving to Westchester and having a son who was a big sports fan, we had Nets season tickets (1/2 season) for about 10 years including the J Kidd era. (anyone want a kid-sized Van Horn, Kidd or Carter jersey?) I still watch most Nets games. I am a Yankees/Nets/Jets/Rangers fan but that is an unusual mix. The Nets move to Brooklyn has made them much more popular in NYC (especially Brooklyn) with younger kids but most of the over 30 age group are Knicks fans unless they grew up in Northern Jersey.

He also had some critical fouls late. Granted the second one, at minimum, was completely wrong. He has to provide something though at times scoring. I mean he didn’t make a basket.

Yep, when he's literally incapable of scoring like he was last night, the only real way to use him on offense is taking advantage of the defense literally not guarding him and using him as a screener (generally for Steph) so that Steph's man is caught navigating around a screen without any help.

And without Klay, Golden State has a lot of guys that just aren't going to contribute much offensively. Wiggins can and Poole can spot up sometimes but that was basically it. Just makes it too easy for an already great defense like LA.

Lakers can definitely lock in on defense. The offense is just often not smooth though. Still think we’re better overall with Harrell/Gasol or going with Davis at the 5 than we are with Drummond.

Pulling Drummond & going with Davis worked last night for the Lakers & AD. Davis was 5 for 6 & scored 13 points. He may not prefer playing the 5, but, hey, that’s show biz.

Last edited:
He’s still insanely good defensively and so smart offensively. But man, the way his shot fell off the past few years just makes it so hard for them to function offensively sometimes. He’s just incapable of scoring sometimes.

Also, still can’t help but think how fun the Warriors could have been if they had taken LaMelo like I was hoping they would.

I love watching Draymond play; he's so smart on both ends of the court, the way he and Steph work the two man game is so much fun. He gets the absolute most he can despite the fact that the man cannot shoot anymore. He's def one of those whole is greater than the sum of his parts guy, and the shooting did rebound a little this year. If Klay comes back next year and is anywhere close to what he was, they can still be dangerous.

I went a little nuts on Knicks tickets; right now I am sitting on tickets to a potential game 2,5, and 7 vs Atlanta. RIP my Credit card bill

He’s still insanely good defensively and so smart offensively. But man, the way his shot fell off the past few years just makes it so hard for them to function offensively sometimes. He’s just incapable of scoring sometimes.

Also, still can’t help but think how fun the Warriors could have been if they had taken LaMelo like I was hoping they would.

Rumor was the Warriors and T'Wolves weren't impressed after interviewing LaMelo. Supposedly he wanted to go to Charlotte and deliberately tanked the meetings with picks one and two so Charlotte could pick him at #3.

Rumor was the Warriors and T'Wolves weren't impressed after interviewing LaMelo. Supposedly he wanted to go to Charlotte and deliberately tanked the meetings with picks one and two so Charlotte could pick him at #3.

Doesn't that seem weird? I can get not wanting to play in Minny, but the Warriors are a marquee franchise with star players; wonder why Charlotte would be considered a superior landing spot. Especially since Lamelo is a great passer, not like hes looking for a place where he can get a million shots and score 25-30 a n ight

LMAO

When you make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years and have only won 1 playoff series in the last 20 years there will be always be big market for your first round tickets.

Doesn't that seem weird? I can get not wanting to play in Minny, but the Warriors are a marquee franchise with star players; wonder why Charlotte would be considered a superior landing spot. Especially since Lamelo is a great passer, not like hes looking for a place where he can get a million shots and score 25-30 a n ight

I wonder if he was concerned about his place in the backcourt there with Steph and a healthy Klay back next year and under contract through 2024.

When you make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years and have only won 1 playoff series in the last 20 years there will be always be big market for your first round tickets.

True but also no one cares about the Nets, despite being full of stars and one of the favorites to win the title. Do you think the Knicks would be struggling to sell playoff tickets if they were in the same situation as the Nets are now? I don't think so.

I can’t imagine he’d have nearly the same role in GS though. He just would’ve have the ball in his hands as much.

True but also no one cares about the Nets, despite being full of stars and one of the favorites to win the title. Do you think the Knicks would be struggling to sell playoff tickets if they were in the same situation as the Nets are now? I don't think so.

The Knicks basically sell out every home game (or come damn close) in the regular season, even when they suck.

I wonder if he was concerned about his place in the backcourt there with Steph and a healthy Klay back next year and under contract through 2024.

I guess I could see that, but at the same time, Klay is really an off the ball scorer.

You could run a 3 man backcourt of Lamelo/Klay/Steph. Draymond is a great passer too, I think that unit could really move the ball and get Steph and Klay open a lot

It’s all about the shoes.

Everyone knows that the Knicks have a bigger fan base and they've been playing in NYC since the NBA was founded so of course their tickets will sell faster. But when the Knicks organization has to brag about selling out first round tickets faster than Brooklyn it's pretty lame. I guess with Dolan as the owner you have no idea when they'll be back in the playoffs again.
Nets will never be as big as the Knicks in NYC, just like the Mets will never be as big as the Yankees, but give it time and their fan base will grow, especially in Brooklyn.

I guess I could see that, but at the same time, Klay is really an off the ball scorer.

You could run a 3 man backcourt of Lamelo/Klay/Steph. Draymond is a great passer too, I think that unit could really move the ball and get Steph and Klay open a lot
Charlotte became one of the most fun teams in the league to watch this year, largely thanks to LaMelo, but also thanks to their system and some guys like Bridges that just had some insane finishes on the ends of LaMelo's passes. I can't help but feel like we were kinda robbed of what could have been an incredible offense with LaMelo, Steph, and Klay though. I think those three could make things so much easier for each other.

Charlotte was ultimately a solid destination though.

Charlotte became one of the most fun teams in the league to watch this year, largely thanks to LaMelo, but also thanks to their system and some guys like Bridges that just had some insane finishes on the ends of LaMelo's passes. I can't help but feel like we were kinda robbed of what could have been an incredible offense with LaMelo, Steph, and Klay though. I think those three could make things so much easier for each other.

Charlotte was ultimately a solid destination though.
It's simple, The Wolves had KAT and the Warriors had the splash bros.

Charlotte offered a place where there was no competition to be the megastar.

And I mean... it pretty much has worked out so far. LaMelo's the guy there.

Everyone knows that the Knicks have a bigger fan base and they've been playing in NYC since the NBA was founded so of course their tickets will sell faster. But when the Knicks organization has to brag about selling out first round tickets faster than Brooklyn it's pretty lame. I guess with Dolan as the owner you have no idea when they'll be back in the playoffs again.
Nets will never be as big as the Knicks in NYC, just like the Mets will never be as big as the Yankees, but give it time and their fan base will grow, especially in Brooklyn.

I wouldn't put anything past Dolan (remember that press release re: Richard Jefferson?) but as far as I can tell that IG post was just from a guy. It wasnt like the Knicks account sent it out and was bragging

TNT must get 3X the halftime ratings than ESPN. Its hard to watch the oddly spray tanned Legler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom