NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I kind of wish the first round would go back to Best of 5. It created so much excitement if the road team stole one of the first two games. And now, if the #1 seed goes up 3-0, do we really have to play this thing out and play Game 4?
I’m with you. I’m ok with it being 7 games, but yes, if the higher sees goes up 3-0, the mercy kill rule comes into play and we end it right there.

That’s your big advantage for being a 1-4 seed. You can play your way to an early round playoff team ‘load management’ game.

Only the NBA, not MLB and certainly not the hockey.

Grabbing guys legs the way Sabonis did is so dirty but Draymond took it up like 5 notches. That was pretty crazy.
When I heard that Draymond was ejected I expected him to be the villain but when I watched the replay just now I dunno I honestly don’t think it was that bad on his part. I thought it was like 60/40 Sabonis’ fault.

When I heard that Draymond was ejected I expected him to be the villain but when I watched the replay just now I dunno I honestly don’t think it was that bad on his part. I thought it was like 60/40 Sabonis’ fault.
It obviously doesn’t happen without Sabonis trying to injure Draymond, but that doesn’t give Draymond free rein to stomp on him and then jump off of his chest lol.

I think the NBA got it right; technical for Sabonis (honestly wouldn’t be mad if they suspended guys for doing stuff like that because it’s become way too prevalent) and an obvious ejection for Draymond.

I hate him but what an awesome heel in the WWF sense of the word. It’s great for the NBA to have this stooge doing what he does. It’s great for creating hatred between teams that don’t really have much of a rivalry despite proximity
He intentionally hurt another player.

Didn’t see live but the drama can’t help but find draymond. Doesn’t have any benefit of the doubt. That said Sabonis 100% initiated after pushing Klay and just falling?

It obviously doesn’t happen without Sabonis trying to injure Draymond, but that doesn’t give Draymond free rein to stomp on him and then jump off of his chest lol.

I think the NBA got it right; technical for Sabonis (honestly wouldn’t be mad if they suspended guys for doing stuff like that because it’s become way too prevalent) and an obvious ejection for Draymond.
I agree both guys were wrong - Draymond's response was over the top. Refs got it right and I don't think Draymond gets suspended.

Yeah and this might not be popular, but I personally think he "light stepped" him by jumping off him. He was an ass for stepping on him after Sabonis grabbed his foot, but after that, by jumping like that, he used the lightest force possible. If he wanted to he could've cracked his sternum. I've used that move countless times accidentally stepping on a pet or somebody's foot, maybe not that exaggerated of a jump but...

Yeah and this might not be popular, but I personally think he "light stepped" him by jumping off him. He was an ass for stepping on him after Sabonis grabbed his foot, but after that, by jumping like that, he used the lightest force possible. If he wanted to he could've cracked his sternum. I've used that move countless times accidentally stepping on a pet or somebody's foot, maybe not that exaggerated of a jump but...
That's basically how I saw it, as well. It wasn't like the Christian Laettner thing where he just stepped on him unprovoked. Sabonis was holding his leg/ankle and could have really hurt Draymond that way. I thought what DG did was more-or-less a proportional response to what Sabonis did. But unfortunately for Draymond, he's such an out-of-control meathead all the time that he's never going to get the benefit of the doubt.

That's basically how I saw it, as well. It wasn't like the Christian Laettner thing where he just stepped on him unprovoked. Sabonis was holding his leg/ankle and could have really hurt Draymond that way. I thought what DG did was more-or-less a proportional response to what Sabonis did. But unfortunately for Draymond, he's such an out-of-control meathead all the time that he's never going to get the benefit of the doubt.
Right, and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt tbh

Lol. Maybe dont grab his legs if you don't want to get stepped on Sabonis. What a clown. Draymon has a bunch dirty incidents over the years but to me this is all on Sabonis. He is trying to go by you and you grab his legs. What did you think was going to happen?

And what's funny we turned it on with like 6 min left. Around the 3 min mark I said, Draymond is going to punch someone. lol

Yeah put me down for both guys were wrong here. The stomp was a little much, but Sabonis for sure grabbed his leg which is pretty dirty too

I'm just really tired of this crap from Draymond.

He didn't learn from being tossed from the finals and ultimately costing his team a championship.

I'm in favor of a multiple game suspension.

There's just way too much accumulation and history.
Yeah and the whole antagonization of the crowd afterwards was crazy. I'm opposite corner of that section but was happy that nobody threw anything at him. I would have been tempted to.

This would be the absolute best. Also, Draymond is lucky he didn't get drafted by Charlotte or something. Dude has had air coverage from Steph and benefited from playing with Steph and Klay so much.

I assume Golden State moves on from him and what's funny is Sacramento would be a great fit from the positional and defensive need. A
A lot less likely after last night.

YOU GET AN XRAY YOU GET AN XRAY

So Excited Reaction GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors