NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Darius Garland on fire. Knicks in a big funk tonight.
Garland is so good.

For right today, the only PG’s I’d take over him are Curry and Lillard.

Going forward, he’s the first one I’d take(Fox, second).

Boy, did you see that differently. Draymond was trying to step over him. Sabonis grabbed his leg to keep him from stepping over him. Draymond's other option was to fall over.
Keeping with the Charlie Murphy theme:
ufc forums GIF

Randle looked like he had zero interest playing that game tonight. Really bizarre.

Lue is coaching like this is a regular season game.

Green suspended. Now we will see Curry, Klay, Poole, Divincenzo, and Payton on the floor together.

Lue is coaching like this is a regular season game.
That's what I used to hate about Quin Snyder and the Jazz. Teams would make adjustments to render Gobert ineffective until finally he put Eric Paschall in. By then it was too late.

The Warriors under Kerr are like Duke under Coach K. They whine about any slight they receive - lecturing of Celtic fans by Kerr, Klay and Draymond's wife. Lecturing Dillon Brooks on breaking the code,etc. Yet in the numerous cheap, shady crap Draymond is involved in... crickets.
This goes for the TNT colleagues of Draymond as well. Chuck and Shaq turtle up on Draymond antics.
My stance is the same as it's always been. He was the luckiest player in history landing where he did. His game doesn't merit the attention.

The Warriors under Kerr are like Duke under Coach K. They whine about any slight they receive - lecturing of Celtic fans by Kerr, Klay and Draymond's wife. Lecturing Dillon Brooks on breaking the code,etc. Yet in the numerous cheap, shady crap Draymond is involved in... crickets.
This goes for the TNT colleagues of Draymond as well. Chuck and Shaq turtle up on Draymond antics.
My stance is the same as it's always been. He was the luckiest player in history landing where he did. His game doesn't merit the attention.

100% the luckiest player in history to where he landed. He lands in Charlotte, we're having a different discussion.

100% the luckiest player in history to where he landed. He lands in Charlotte, we're having a different discussion.

I think that is definitely true, but I also think if he's replaced with basically anyone else in the league, the Warriors aren't the Warriors.

Weird cross sport analogy, he is like a baseball player who is perfectly situated for his home stadium. Like Dustin Pedroia in fenway. It's a good hitters park in general, but his swing was perfect to take advantage of the monster and he got more of a boost from it than a normal player would

I think that is definitely true, but I also think if he's replaced with basically anyone else in the league, the Warriors aren't the Warriors.

Weird cross sport analogy, he is like a baseball player who is perfectly situated for his home stadium. Like Dustin Pedroia in fenway. It's a good hitters park in general, but his swing was perfect to take advantage of the monster and he got more of a boost from it than a normal player would

If he's not with the best shooter of all time / top 15 all time guy in Steph who is then partnered with Klay, who is at least a top 10 shooter of all time and arguably top 5... He can't focus on being a defensive stopper. Mind you, Klay was a great on ball defender and add in Iggy and you have a force on the wings on D.

Then you add in the league / players not smoothing the CBA increase and them landing KD, arguably the best scorer of all time / top 15 guy...

And Draymond basically just doesn't have to barf on himself and he's lauded.

I cannot wait for him to sign somewhere else and see him flounder.

I’m glad the Lakers traded him because he was a bad fit for us and we did well with the trade.

But I’m glad he’s doing well. Impossible to not respect the guy, and while I’ve never loved his game, I find him to be a likable guy.

I have the opposite take on Russ. I like his game, when he's not shooting too much, but his on-court antics over the years soured me on him. He likes to pick fights with players and fans. Sure, fans say ridiculous stuff, but he - more than any other player I'm aware of - likes to get in shouting matches with fans and especially likes getting them tossed from their seats. He's had a handful of altercations with player, too, if I'm not mistaken. There's having heart and passion and there's being a d!<khead.

I doubt he's hearing anything other players haven't heard, so it just seems like he has really thin skin and a bit of an ego issue.

If he's not with the best shooter of all time / top 15 all time guy in Steph who is then partnered with Klay, who is at least a top 10 shooter of all time and arguably top 5... He can't focus on being a defensive stopper. Mind you, Klay was a great on ball defender and add in Iggy and you have a force on the wings on D.

Then you add in the league / players not smoothing the CBA increase and them landing KD, arguably the best scorer of all time / top 15 guy...

And Draymond basically just doesn't have to barf on himself and he's lauded.

I cannot wait for him to sign somewhere else and see him flounder.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna flounder wherever he lands next, he's getting up there in years.

But he is also one of the best defensive players in the history of the league and a really good passer. (he has 6 seasons with at least 10 assists per 100 possessions, the only other F/C with more than 2 are Lebron and Jokic) The Warriors had the top defense in the league last year. I look at their roster, and I don't see a whole lot of guys to give much credit to that for.

The 2016 season where he shot 38.8% from 3 is one of the more random shooting seasons I can remember.

He's lucky in that he's the perfect fit for the system. There's a world where Draymond gets drafted somewhere else and then traded to the Warriors and gets the rings he has.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna flounder wherever he lands next, he's getting up there in years.

But he is also one of the best defensive players in the history of the league and a really good passer. (he has 6 seasons with at least 10 assists per 100 possessions, the only other F/C with more than 2 are Lebron and Jokic) The Warriors had the top defense in the league last year. I look at their roster, and I don't see a whole lot of guys to give much credit to that for.

The 2016 season where he shot 38.8% from 3 is one of the more random shooting seasons I can remember.

I think it's easy to be a great defender when bigs are marginalized and you have no worry on offense. I get that he isn't garbage, but I'm not giving him any credit.

There are dudes that play D that had to be on both ends of the floor doing way more then handling the ball on 4 on 3s and making passes to wide open dudes because the geometry of the floor has been re-calculated.

Dude wasn't better than Kawhi on D, who was guarding elite wings during an era where elite wings were insanely good. Kawhi is still guarding KD.

Respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it. I don't think he's in the class of greatest defensive player in league history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom