NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He might be the most frustrating basketball player in the league. So weak with the ball, generally not aggressive, horribly inconsistent form on his jumper. But then he’ll have games where he scores 30 on 12/15 from the field. So frustrating because of that inconsistency.
But at least he showed up occasionally. More than can be said for any of the rest of the roster. I can’t believe they didn’t get Mitchell because they didn’t want to let go of Grimes… are you kidding me? Mitchell and Brunson would have been unstoppable. Hopefully it happens once Mitchell hits free agency. Knicks need to get out of the Randall and RJ contracts.

“They”? He walks around with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Empire State Building and then he is a ball stopper… but he can’t back up his attitude and is a complete no show when it counts.

The difference between the Heat and Knicks? Heat have multiple players who can create for themselves or their teammates or hit an open J in the heat of the day playoffs… the Knicks have Brunson and sometimes RJ. That’s it.

Quickley, Grimes, Randall were no shows offensively. Not sure where the Knicks go from here in the offseason but they need way better shooting.

They have a shooter in Fournier who doesn’t play because of defense. Crazy to me with how they shot these playoffs that Thibs can’t find 5-10 mins for him to see if he can hit some shots. But he puts such high value on defense that he sacrifices offense (even though Randle might be the worst defender on the team and he plays 40 every night).

But at least he showed up occasionally. More than can be said for any of the rest of the roster. I can’t believe they didn’t get Mitchell because they didn’t want to let go of Grimes… are you kidding me? Mitchell and Brunson would have been unstoppable. Hopefully it happens once Mitchell hits free agency. Knicks need to get out of the Randall and RJ contracts.
Barrett was 1-10 with 3 turnovers. He just signed 4 year extension that goes into effect next season. Not sure how they will get out of it.

They have a shooter in Fournier who doesn’t play because of defense. Crazy to me with how they shot these playoffs that Thibs can’t find 5-10 mins for him to see if he can hit some shots. But he puts such high value on defense that he sacrifices offense (even though Randle might be the worst defender on the team and he plays 40 every night).
This is thibs. He has a ceiling. He will always be a defensive first coach and run certain guys in the ground.

Agree on RJ and Randle comments.
They both can have spectacular games, but need to be dependable/consistent.
If Knicks move either or both, I'd be fine with it -assuming a good return.

Randle has a fairly team-friendly contract, but his performance in two playoff appearances now definitely brings his trade value down. He wasn’t even in the top 50 of highest paid players in the NBA this year and made third team all-NBA (which I know was somewhat controversial, but even still, at worst he was borderline all-NBA. Not bad for a guy making $24M).

Vanderbilt should have been T'd up for gyrating on the rim after the steal dunk, right?

Last edited:
This is thibs. He has a ceiling. He will always be a defensive first coach and run certain guys in the ground.
He's a 2-3 year turnaround guy. He will get more out of the roster than the previous guy, and likely less out of the roster than the next guy, if that makes sense.

He's a 2-3 year turnaround guy. He will get more out of the roster than the previous guy, and likely less out of the roster than the next guy, if that makes sense.

Except the Knicks being the poorly run organization that they are will run it until the wheels fall off and then end up in yet another total rebuild.

Except the Knicks being the poorly run organization that they are will run it until the wheels fall off and then end up in yet another total rebuild.
This times 1000… Bulls waited too long and drose’s knees are still paying the price. Wolves got rid of him at the right time. Knicks will definitely lose Brunson’s prime to Thibs.

Barrett was 1-10 with 3 turnovers. He just signed 4 year extension that goes into effect next season. Not sure how they will get out of it.
I think he has some value… he did do a lot of damage the last 6 games. His problem is he can’t shoot consistently… teams know how to stop him when they want to.

2nd round of playoffs exceeded expectations, and about as far as current roster will ever take the Knicks.
Brunson has to be gassed -his teammates did not rise to the occasion to support him in Q4.
Look forward to seeing what Knicks roster changes happen for next season.
Solid result this year. Conference finals or bust next year or else it will be a disappointment. If they had won a title in the last 5-15 years I’d give them a little leeway but 51 years is an embarrassment. Hope management does what it needs to in order to get this team to the next level.

So it's cool and fun seeing the play in teams go on runs, but I think it nets out to a bad thing for the NBA. It doesn't exactly reinforce the regular season mattering much. Just get to the playoffs and roll the dice.

I think he has some value… he did do a lot of damage the last 6 games. His problem is he can’t shoot consistently… teams know how to stop him when they want to.
ehh. He’s a solid defender, but a below average offensive player. He’s never going to be a good shooter. He wasn’t at Duke and wasn’t in high school.

Draymond signs with some also ran and faded into where he always would have been if he played anywhere else...obscurity.
That’s the vast majority of players who are on championship teams. He’s a more versatile Rodman. Not as great of a rebounder, obviously.

ehh. He’s a solid defender, but a below average offensive player. He’s never going to be a good shooter. He wasn’t at Duke and wasn’t in high school.
I mean he’s a high teens/20 ppg guy… and he isn’t a ball stopper. Put him on a team that actually spaces the floor so he has lanes and he’s a valuable piece as a third scorer. The problem against the heat is Randle was a no show and that impacted everything. I would only trade RJ if it was a part of a deal that got me a Donovan Mitchell. He needs to commit to being a better defender though.

Really the big problem is shooting… The Knicks offense relies on offensive rebounding and being somewhat efficient. The heat played really good D and held their own on the boards… bye bye Knicks. You give the Knicks even one more shooter to space the floor and make the heat pay for doubling Brunson and they win.

I hope Rose sees through the regular season mirage when evaluating Randle, Quickley and Grimes who all no-showed in the playoffs. I really want to know what happened to Quickley… when Brunson was hurt in regular season, he looked like an all star. He was terrible during the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom