NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

There is likely a world where Melo aligns w/ Bron and Wade for joining up, structures his contract to do so, and probably wins a title or two.

He probably doesn't score as many points in his career, but for the "rings" crowd, he'd prob be more appreciated. I guess sort of like a James Worthy (in terms of his status on a team of stars).

I think Denver was a lot closer to winning a chip in 2009 than people realize. They could have grabbed game 1 in the WCF and who knows what happens from there, the series went to six with them losing game 1 as it were. I think they nip Orlando in the Finals that year if they get there.

Ah well, who knows.

That's interesting; obviously anything can happen but that Orlando team was really good (1st on defense that year, 4th in net rating; Denver was 8th.) Just looking at the stats, Cleveland was so good in the regular season that year, +10 Net rating, 1.8 per 100 better than the second best. Hard to believe that was 13 years ago. Orlando lead the league in % of FGA that were 3's that year, 33.5%. They were kinda the first team to really spread the floor with 4 shooters around one big man. Anyway, 33.5% would've been just about tied for last in 3 point rate this year.

I was looking at the box score for that Lakers-Nuggets series. Remember Andrew Bynum? He's still only 34! That guy was really good for a minute

Remember when fans/media decided he was “the good guy” to get behind when trying to vilify LeBron? Lol.

Yep. not only did he help conspire to pull all these strings for who they wanted, but he 1) did it in partnership with KYRIE of all players and 2) the fact that even James Harden was like, 'nah, I'm good' to leave after being there for a hot second has to show how messed up it really is there.

At this point, as a Raptors fan, I view this as a no lose situation.

If Durant goes elsewhere, great as he is a clown and I can easily do without him
If Durant comes here, I'm sure I can find a way to get excited over such a great player.

Yep. not only did he help conspire to pull all these strings for who they wanted, but he 1) did it in partnership with KYRIE of all players and 2) the fact that even James Harden was like, 'nah, I'm good' to leave after being there for a hot second has to show how messed up it really is there.

I really have to wonder what the world where Kyrie is vaxxed looks like. From the outside, it seems like that was really what drove a lot of Harden wanting out

I really have to wonder what the world where Kyrie is vaxxed looks like. From the outside, it seems like that was really what drove a lot of Harden wanting out

From the bits I've read, the situation has been:
- Nets gave KD and Kyrie (and eventually Harden) basically way more than usual superstars get (the usual being say in trades/draft/hiring friends into the org/etc). Basically, setting up a system that would fund and allow them to essentially party/do whatever they wanted/dictate things vs having a say. No restrictions (unlike when Bron tried to stay at a city after a game and Wade was like 'no, we're going back on the team plane').

- Tsai paid for KD's achilles recovery.

- Kyrie says those crazy things about being the coach and whatever.

- Kyrie not getting vaxxed, to your point, so all of a sudden Harden is pulling double duty.

- Ben Simmons is coming back/he isn't/he'scoming back/he isn't.

I think they win more games with Kyrie playing consistently, but I don't think they get through the conference. It seems like it was a mess in the locker room and with the org.

I can't believe that the Ben Simmons drama is like the third biggest storyline with this team right now.

-

Hard to believe the Nets were a young, gritty, likable bunch just a few years ago.

The owners are going to try to crush the players next CBA. And the thing is, all this stuff by KD et al will end up hurting the rotational guys bc stars will always get paid one way or another.

The owners are going to try to crush the players next CBA. And the thing is, all this stuff by KD et al will end up hurting the rotational guys bc stars will always get paid one way or another.

I'll be interested to see how it works out, because really, the middle class type player is treated so well in the current environment. The max guys are basically capped at 35% (give or take, I think) of the salary cap. it seems to me that basically any kind of solid rotation player is going for close to 8 figures a year.

Kemp, Webber, and DC would be even better now than they were then. They’d be like the 3 best centers in the league in todays game.

You think they would be better than Embiid or Jokic? Eh, I dunno. If you lump Giannis in with bigs, I think he has them by a pretty wide margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom