NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Early game was done just after 10. Late game started at maybe 10:45.

Early game always cuts in. And I get the ring ceremony. But they added another 15-20 of pregame.
I'm surprised they didn't run the Draymond PR piece again.

He will either choke in the playoffs or lose motivation before they even begin, but Harden looked freaking amazing last night.

Paolo Banchero and Jaden Ivey looked great last night. Two really fun League Pass teams; it's a shame the NBA doesn't really attempt to market the small-market teams.

I know it's only one game, but the Nets look like they are going to be a disaster.

Who are we going with as the favorite in the East this year?

I think Milwaukee is the safe choice as long as Giannis is there with a decent cast, and Boston could get back….but Philly, Miami….Brooklyn could actually get it together? Definite dark horse, but someone like Atlanta getting red hot and making a run wouldn’t shock me.

East is tough to predict. I like it.

I agree the Bucks are the safe choice; as long as Giannis is there they're going to be really good. The offense can be a little rough in the playoffs though. I know Middleton was out last year but they were just brutal against Boston.

I think Boston is probably the best team in the east. The Williams stuff would scare me a lot though. I would have to make them the favorite to win the east.

Wow, the Lakers look terrible. LeBron has gotten OLD. Bad defense, too little shooting. This might be his last year.

I agree the Bucks are the safe choice; as long as Giannis is there they're going to be really good. The offense can be a little rough in the playoffs though. I know Middleton was out last year but they were just brutal against Boston.

I think Boston is probably the best team in the east. The Williams stuff would scare me a lot though. I would have to make them the favorite to win the east.

The Nets looked absolutely terrible in game 1. Knicks don't have enough talent. Boston and Milwaukee have got to be the favorites. Atlanta has some talent. I don't think Miami or Chicago or Washington have deep enough teams to withstand a couple inevitable injuries.

Embiid looks too heavy to me, and The Beard thinks he can turn it on and off when he wants to. I see him on the decline. I think Philly face a come-down like the Nets, but probably not as bad.

Westbrook with a solid 0-11 shooting night as the Lakers continue to prove they have the worst roster in the NBA once you get beyond the big 2.
Beverley and Nunn combined to shoot 1/14 too. Good stuff. It’s just a disaster of a roster. There’s tanking teams with better talent once you get past Lebron and Davis lol

LeBron is going to be an interesting watch this year - when is he do to break the scoring record? if this is their team he will be tapping out when the record is his.

Wow, the Lakers look terrible. LeBron has gotten OLD. Bad defense, too little shooting. This might be his last year.

LeBron is 38 and played basically 20 years in the league. He is OLD but he is still a top 10 player in the league. The Lakers got the bubble championship so I guess the AD trade was worth it but they are paying for it now. AD has never been able to stay on the floor and was infamous for his trips to the locker room and not coming back into the game in New Orleans but nobody paid attention to it. Barkley has been relentless on him and you know it gets to him but he quite honestly can't stay healthy really never has. The Westbrook trade was one of the worst ever but LeBron did sign off on it. and they have already lost one lottery pick to the Pelicans and could very well lose one this year if they don't make a trade or if LeBron or AD get hurt for awhile.

LeBron is signed through the end of next year and I think the Lakers will do something and you are right LeBron is OLD but I doubt he signs the extension without some commitment from the Lakers that they will make a move this year and trade the 27/29 draft picks will be interesting to watch. That said, no trade they make will get them to the NBA finals, IMO. And only a matter of time before AD misses a chunk of games.

LeBron is not retiring until he knows if he can play with his son or not in 2 years which he has stated several times. Bronny really not a legit 1 and done candidate but that doesn't really mean much. After next year he will be able to go wherever his son does and that's probably why somebody will draft him. Who knows how much a team would even have to play LeBron to get him for his last year or two so that he can play with his son.

I think the Lakers should tear it all down and start over. It's really the worst roster 3-15 in the NBA and not even close

LeBron is 38 and played basically 20 years in the league. He is OLD but he is still a top 10 player in the league. The Lakers got the bubble championship so I guess the AD trade was worth it but they are paying for it now. AD has never been able to stay on the floor and was infamous for his trips to the locker room and not coming back into the game in New Orleans but nobody paid attention to it. Barkley has been relentless on him and you know it gets to him but he quite honestly can't stay healthy really never has. The Westbrook trade was one of the worst ever but LeBron did sign off on it. and they have already lost one lottery pick to the Pelicans and could very well lose one this year if they don't make a trade or if LeBron or AD get hurt for awhile.

LeBron is signed through the end of next year and I think the Lakers will do something and you are right LeBron is OLD but I doubt he signs the extension without some commitment from the Lakers that they will make a move this year and trade the 27/29 draft picks will be interesting to watch. That said, no trade they make will get them to the NBA finals, IMO. And only a matter of time before AD misses a chunk of games.

LeBron is not retiring until he knows if he can play with his son or not in 2 years which he has stated several times. Bronny really not a legit 1 and done candidate but that doesn't really mean much. After next year he will be able to go wherever his son does and that's probably why somebody will draft him. Who knows how much a team would even have to play LeBron to get him for his last year or two so that he can play with his son.

I think the Lakers should tear it all down and start over. It's really the worst roster 3-15 in the NBA and not even close
LBJ in the Top 10 is interesting - I agree ( I think) but for the first time ever I can see him being left outside or close to it. Luca, Giannis, Tatum, Joker, Embid, KD, Steph - Booker and Butler close and if Zion is healthy and Leonard is Leonard or Morant tries to defend or AD stays healthy......

Crazy that it's 2 decades in and he is still in that conversation.

Pelinka got a contract extension pre-season somehow.

yeah really weird!! If it wasn't for the bubble championship which appears that the Lakers have destroyed their future to obtain, Ms Buss has been a complete disaster since taking over. LeBron wanting to go there was a blessing and a curse because everyone makes the move and the trade for AD as well but too many cooks in the kitchen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom