NC State got robbed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State got robbed

I am not going to say that NC State outplayed us tonight.

Disclaimer: I wanna go back an look at the game tomorrow, but I think we missed a TON of shots that we should have hit tonight.

Open mid range jumpers drives where we had our men beat by half of a step just didn't go down... in some cases they seemed like they were abnormally far off their mark. In the end though, I just don't think NC State got as many good scoring opportunities as us.

I am not going to say that NC State outplayed us tonight.

Disclaimer: I wanna go back an look at the game tomorrow, but I think we missed a TON of shots that we should have hit tonight.

Open mid range jumpers drives where we had our men beat by half of a step just didn't go down... in some cases they seemed like they were abnormally far off their mark. In the end though, I just don't think NC State got as many good scoring opportunities as us.

First half for sure it seemed like we missed a ton of makeable shots.

If we had lost I was gonna say we cost ourselves the game with some terrible offensive possessions from about the 3 minute mark to the 1 minute mark, give or take

Are you guys forgetting about the insane game that Rak had? Single handily keep us in the game .. awesome performance!

I never thought Rak would be able to outrun Fair and Grant despite feeling he was going to have a huge year after watching him in Canada. Tonight he did.

Just a bad game for cooney's jumper, fair's jumper, Fair and ennis missing the drive, Grant missing his high post drives for quite some time. Nothing went right except the final score.

Nope, he was fouled and took another STEP - this aint the NBA

Like I said, not 100% sure how they "supposed" to call it at the college level. He definitely took a step after the foul, but I am pretty sure you see that called a continuation all the time. Doesn't make it the right call, of course.

One thing I've noticed is that Cuse is the best conditioned team ever. Nobody holding their shorts at the foul line. They have that extra jolt of juice at the end. They are wearing out the competition.

Old Loyola Marimount style. Good old Paul Westhead.

Don't think I have ever seen CJ have two complete air balls in one game.

Extremely weak offensive performance again. But, the defense this team can play is just stifling and literally demoralizing to their opponents.

No. Foul was before his shooting motion. This is not the NBA with continuation.

I think you can make the argument he started his motion as the foul was happening. I watched it back a few times.
NBA for sure an and 1. Like i said before, not exactly sure how they're supposed to call it at the college level. I think in that situation the officials will err on the side of calling it on the floor.

It would be great if JB understood the concept of fatigue. He never has understood that people get tired. Are the freshman so bad that they can't contribute at all ? Did he recruit so poorly that these guys aren't legit D1 players?

40 minutes is a long time in a D1 game. I also think some rest is crucial. In the Pitt game CJ got a breather, then came back and made huge buckets.

Kids get tired.

Actually a loss at Pitt or tonight against NC State, might have done this team some good. It seems that they are caught up in their press clippings, and feel they don't have to show up for 40 minutes to play. They may be 25-0, but are not playing anywhere near being the number 1 team in the nation.

Like I said, not 100% sure how they "supposed" to call it at the college level. He definitely took a step after the foul, but I am pretty sure you see that called a continuation all the time. Doesn't make it the right call, of course.

Agreed. I think under the "rules" it shouldn't count - but I feel like if I see that play 10 times in the college game it's called 8 or 9 times as a basket.

Actually a loss at Pitt or tonight against NC State, might have done this team some good. It seems that they are caught up in their press clippings, and feel they don't have to show up for 40 minutes to play. They may be 25-0, but are not playing anywhere near being the number 1 team in the nation.

I would pretty strongly disagree with that.

I don't think anyone is playing any different than they have the first 23 games. JG was doing those same wild out of control drives early in the year, CJ wasn't taking any shots he normally doesn't take. They're playing as they normally do - they're just not executing very well of late.

They also seem to let the other team dictate the pace - so if we don't get turnovers, if we play a team that wants to slow it down and keep it close, chances are it's going to be a slow, boring *ss game.

I don't even understand how we're winning these games. Team was sleepwalking for 35 minutes.

It is inexplicable and is going to bite us in the arse here soon enough.

Our D is great. Teams cannot get runs on us, but can pretty much run what that want. As long as they stay away from traps, have a couple shooters, and crash the glass, pretty much any team seems to have a real chance against us.

On O, we're either beautiful or unbearable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom