NC State got robbed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State got robbed

Actually a loss at Pitt or tonight against NC State, might have done this team some good. It seems that they are caught up in their press clippings, and feel they don't have to show up for 40 minutes to play. They may be 25-0, but are not playing anywhere near being the number 1 team in the nation.
What makes you think that? Because the margin of victory is small? These teams on the bubble are trying to make their season on us.

It would be great if JB understood the concept of fatigue. He never has understood that people get tired. Are the freshman so bad that they can't contribute at all ? Did he recruit so poorly that these guys aren't legit D1 players?
A lot of the sloppy play was long before anyone had a chance to get tired.

I expect the next seven games to be exactly like this. This team isn't beating anyone easily, and no is beating them easily.

We keep expecting an easy night, a comfortable, the kind you'd expect with a No. 1 team, but I don't see it happening.

Actually a loss at Pitt or tonight against NC State, might have done this team some good. It seems that they are caught up in their press clippings, and feel they don't have to show up for 40 minutes to play. They may be 25-0, but are not playing anywhere near being the number 1 team in the nation.
What press clippings? From what I read every writer, and opposing message board thinks we are garbage, and lucky as hell.

A few of our guys had their worst games of the year while State had a couple of guys that were on fire. We still managed to win and I'm supposed to feel bad about that? Want to win NCSU? Play better. If they were ever going to beat us, this was the game. They were measured and found wanting.

I just think they played poorly today. I'm not thrilled about it, but its not the end of the world. Pitt was way different; much better team on the road. That performance doesn't bother me at all

How dare you provide any reasonable analysis? This thread is supposed to have nothing but hysteria and hyperbolic statements about how terrible this team is.

Why would you have waited until now?
Even if we finish with more points than the other team? QUESTION MARK?

image.jpg

I disagree with op. We missed so many open shots and missed so many opportunities. Every time we made a run, we missed an open shot, bricked a free throw, or turned it over. I'm not giving nc state any credit here.

Rak played like he should be All-ACC rather than Ennis and Fair.
It's one game..not a slap to RAK because I know he has been working hard on his offensive game and his teammates are actually looking for him now.
This Team is special because someone different steps up on any given night.

I thought the basket on the baseball pass should've counted. Game over if it did.
No, warren was fouled before he was in the act of shooting on the replay. Zebras got that call right. But you're right if that went against us, game over.

40 minutes is a long time in a D1 game. I also think some rest is crucial. In the Pitt game CJ got a breather, then came back and made huge buckets.

Kids get tired.
JB said as much in his presser. Three games in seven days while only playing six players. He felt that CJ (among others) didn't have his legs under him on his jump shot.

He also said he'd like to play another player but he doesn't have anyone that can get the job done. He thinks there is a possibility that Baye will be back for BC...he was running today.

They were the better team today. If I'm an NC State fan I'm crushed right now. They outplayed us, plain and simple.

As a Syracuse fan though, I'm delighted. We are forcing our way in to this conference. The controversy and close finishes are great. We're the villains. We make great villains.

They are only a two man team. We should feel bad.

It would be great if JB understood the concept of fatigue. He never has understood that people get tired. Are the freshman so bad that they can't contribute at all ? Did he recruit so poorly that these guys aren't legit D1 players?

roberson probably starts for NCST. and i imagine he and warren would be a pretty formidable tandem.

They were the better team today. If I'm an NC State fan I'm crushed right now. They outplayed us, plain and simple.

As a Syracuse fan though, I'm delighted. We are forcing our way in to this conference. The controversy and close finishes are great. We're the villains. We make great villains.
this is what happens when your 25-0. You get a lot of breaks. Having said that, our bench is pathetic and will cost us in March. You cant play five guys 20 a night this late in the season

Our bench is not a deep as it was the past 3+years. The team is dealing with injuries. They will be fine...

tbonezone said:
roberson probably starts for NCST. and i imagine he and warren would be a pretty formidable tandem.

Roberson is a mystery. Jersey player of the year. Have to believe he'd be starting for a lot of teams right now.

Yep. It was hard to summon the natural fan reaction to yell at the ref thru the tv about the foul on the 3, or the Ennis offensive foul; since we got nearly every call before that.

Fortunate that these "letdown games" vs ND & NIT St were both home. Doesn't bode well for that Maryland game; although if we're coming off a win that'll be a nice problem to have.

didn't know you were a NC State fan

cuseguy said:
Roberson is a mystery. Jersey player of the year. Have to believe he'd be starting for a lot of teams right now.

Not the 25-0, #1 team in the country. He'd be the MVP at Rutgers; maybe even crack their history books. In fairness, they are the fly that circles the crap we scraped of our sneakers - but still.

Roberson will be fine. JB is getting him ready to be a player next season. We've seen this movie before.

Don't think I have ever seen CJ have two complete air balls in one game.

Extremely weak offensive performance again. But, the defense this team can play is just stifling and literally demoralizing to their opponents.

Our defense didn't demoralize anyone tonight, it was just routinely good. What demoralized them was when Lee(?) dribbled the ball off his foot out of bounds. That shocked 'em.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom