NC State got robbed | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC State got robbed

It just seemed like there were an awful lot of touch fouls called on State in the second half to get us into the bonus.

It just seemed like there were an awful lot of touch fouls called on State in the second half to get us into the bonus.

I missed most of game due to work but I saw Ennis foul on that 3 point attempt. Looked kind of week from what I saw. Like I said I was working but to me it looked like no contact. Anyone?

I missed most of game due to work but I saw Ennis foul on that 3 point attempt. Looked kind of week from what I saw. Like I said I was working but to me it looked like no contact. Anyone?

The one where they called the foul on Tyler? Seemed like he clearly got him on the elbow.

ennis didn't protest at all . i think he knew he just messed up. hopefully a hard lesson learned. betting we don't see it again.

The one where they called the foul on Tyler? Seemed like he clearly got him on the elbow.

Yeah. I only saw it quick and it looked like hand was up but I couldn't tell it there was contact

Happy we won. It was VERY fortunate when CJ fouled someone in the corner on a three pointer and then when we got back from commercial break it was just a common foul out of bounds. In watching the replay I'm really not sure how that was not a shooting foul. They all come out in the wash in the end but happy we got that one!

Last edited:
Knicks411 said:

I agree but that came after a first half in which they called 8 fouls on SU and only 3 on NC St. They should have called more fouls on State in the first half but they certainly made up for it in the 2nd.

thebigeast44 said:
I agree but that came after a first half in which they called 8 fouls on SU and only 3 on NC St. They should have called more fouls on State in the first half but they certainly made up for it in the 2nd.

Agreed. NJ State saw how the game was called in the first and thought they'd be able to get away with loads more contact in the second.

The Call was right on,they weren't in the Bonus for the 1-1, The Bench is deep (Boeheim just hasn't played it) and "Havlicek stole the Ball,Havli I mean Christmas stole the Ball) How was NC State robbed? They turned the Ball over twice in the last 40 seconds,Syracuse won it NC State didn't lose it.
Syracuse usually plays poorly in Feb. JB said it in his presser "The Defense was good,The offense has been bad the last 3 games"
and "Christmas stole the ball",and "Christmas stole the Ball ""In my Johnny Most Voice"

and my Top 5 Favorite Players tried to throw it in "Hal Greer"

The most dangerous play in Basketball "The inbounds pass" Roy Danforth via John Wooden

Last edited:
No. Foul was before his shooting motion. This is not the NBA with continuation.

Precisely. Give that man a whole box of Snickers. The NBA is less about basketball than it is about making money with a basketball, but that's a discussion for another time.

And this is the problem here. People watch the NBA's bullsh!t and think that's basketball. The whole "continuation" thing is an NBA invention, nothing but pure, unadulterated BS. Then when a play like the Cooney foul in question occurs, people say things that just aren't true, talk crap on the incompetent and/or corrupt referees, and blame everything and everyone else for what is really their own lack of knowledge and understanding.

A lot of fans here have suggested that the refs changed from the first half to the second half, but no one has considered that SU made adjustments to their play. Good refs know one of the most critical times in a game is the first five minutes of the second half, when well-coached teams can be expected to make adjustments, and you have to look for them. Refs talk at half-time, too, and one of the things they talk about is about what adjustments will be made by which team, and where to look for them.

Geez, I avoid much of the game threads because of all the bitching about refs. And now here I see, when we get a game that's well-reffed, we pulled it out because they screwed the other team. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Last edited:
They were the better team today. If I'm an NC State fan I'm crushed right now. They outplayed us, plain and simple.

As a Syracuse fan though, I'm delighted. We are forcing our way in to this conference. The controversy and close finishes are great. We're the villains. We make great villains.

NC State didnt get robbed.

They may have been the better team... but that doesnt mean they got robbed.

That was like a flashback to Eric and Scoop. Those guys loved fouling 3 point shooters

They were the better team today. If I'm an NC State fan I'm crushed right now. They outplayed us, plain and simple.

As a Syracuse fan though, I'm delighted. We are forcing our way in to this conference. The controversy and close finishes are great. We're the villains. We make great villains.

Their last 2 possessions they turned the ball over, and stopped us on our lat 2 of 3. That isn't robbed, it'a an inability to close.

Gottfied looked scared to death out there.

CJ Fair maybe the worst game of his career, couldn't hit anything...not even a clean basket on a breakaway. Tyler's worst game of the season. Cooney couldn't hit an open shot. Missed FT's down the stretch for the first time all year. And somehow won a game we shouldn't have won.
literally couldn't hit anything.. couple airballs that made me want to break my tv haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom