Neil Nunn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Neil Nunn

“Nunn told the officer the firearm was not his but that he had full knowledge of the firearm and was handling the gun inside the vehicle before the stop occurred, police said.”

Seems like he admitted he had the gun. Ownership has nothing to do with possession.

Remember kids, if you’re being questioned by the police shut yer yap.

Forensics would show if he handled the gun. Owning it and carrying and/or concealing it are much different ball games.
I've handled a lot of stuff I'd not owned because was cool to check out for example.

I'd plead not guilty to a felony as well much less one that would land me in the "justice" system.

Forensics would show if he handled the gun. Owning it and carrying and/or concealing it are much different ball games.
I've handled a lot of stuff I'd not owned because was cool to check out for example.

I'd plead not guilty to a felony as well much less one that would land me in the "justice" system.

You may be right. I hope so for his sake.

If the gun comes back as stolen or with the serial number removed he may have a tough time explaining it.

You may be right. I hope so for his sake.

If the gun comes back as stolen or with the serial number removed he may have a tough time explaining it.

Fair bit a lawyer worth a damn should be able to question a gun not on him nor in his car.

Reasonable doubt and such.

Is that “racially” motivated? Or “geographically” motivated? I mean scrutiny applied in the area where crime is common.
Yep could be geographically and socio economically motivated also, or all of the above. These things don’t happen in a suburbs.

Typical racially motivated stop. I live in a privileged suburban area and nobody would get searched or approached by police for taking up two parking spots at a townhouse or Target, etc. Still bad news they had a gun and that it was loaded. Hopefully kid has a clean record and gets back to school. This is a happenstance of his environment, not saying he does not own some of the responsibility. Worse thing that could happen is they give kid a felony, he can’t go to school, play ball or get a job. Hopefully it turns out for the best.

A big leap here on precious little information. What time of day was it? The officer was part of a robbery intervention detail. Had there been robbery/burglary issues in the area? You say racially motivated. How do you know based on the news articles?

A big leap here on precious little information. What time of day was it? The officer was part of a robbery intervention detail. Had there been robbery/burglary issues in the area? You say racially motivated. How do you know based on the news articles?

9:05 pm. Don't know the rest but not late

Yep could be geographically and socio economically motivated also, or all of the above. These things don’t happen in a suburbs.

Sure they do. Just depends on who's in the suburb and who owns the car.

The Florida statute basically says it is a felony to carry a firearm “on or about your person” without a concealed carry permit. The legal interpretation of “on or about your person “ is carried concealed on the person or carried concealed in a handbag, briefcase or other carrying case that remains within an arm’s reach of the person at all times. Without some additional facts it’s hard to reasonably determine how the case with shake out. In any case, there’s no disputing they were driving around with a loaded hand gun which Nunn basically admitted to a police officer.

I’m sure bad stuff happens in the suburbs too. Probably not as many kids driving around with guns, but other things. I’m just saying more law enforcement goes where crime us the worst. That’s not really redlining. Redlining is more for denying services. In terms of law enforcement, they are providing extra protection to residents. It’s not always depicted that way, but that’s what it is.
And I apologize to the mods for helping to sidetrack the thread into off-topic issues. Back to football.

People should keep this on Nunn and not make this a thread on cops. Take the discussion on cops to the other boards.
Doesnt that only apply to the recruiting forums? And what other boards should this be taken to? just so that we are clear. Thanks in advance.

Doesnt that only apply to the recruiting forums? And what other boards should this be taken to? just so that we are clear. Thanks in advance.
The support, suggestions and other stuff board, in the off topic forum perhaps. Temery who runs things behind the scenes suggests in pinned messages if you want to talk politics and such you can dm people. See his posting at the the top of the football and hoops boards. So maybe thats the approach. Personally I have no issues on any subjects to be clear, I just read the football board to read about football. I read the recruiting board for recruiting updates. For political and social discussions I go to MSNBC or CNN or if Temery and mods decide to open things up elsewhere here.

The support, suggestions and other stuff board, in the off topic forum perhaps. Temery who runs things behind the scenes suggests in pinned messages if you want to talk politics and such you can dm people. See his posting at the the top of the football and hoops boards. So maybe thats the approach. Personally I have no issues on any subjects to be clear, I just read the football board to read about football. I read the recruiting board for recruiting updates. For political and social discussions I go to MSNBC or CNN or if Temery and mods decide to open things up elsewhere here.
There is no off topic forum. The board rules that you are trying to enforce are for the recruiting board. People are told to bring the other things to the football board...where we currently are.

There is no off topic forum. The board rules that you are trying to enforce are for the recruiting board. People are told to bring the other things to the football board...where we currently are.
So the football board can be used to start discussions on all subjects now?

No, No, and No.

The Football forum isn't a catchall for discussions out side of football.
There is an OT forum just no longer for political discussions.

There’s a reason if a police officer is arrested he automatically calls his union rep, attorney and never says a word. If the police won’t say a word on a arrest, it’s a great sign that nobody should.
But, but on TV police procedurals you always talk to the cops when arrested or volunteer to come to the station to talk if under suspicious circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom