New offer? | Syracusefan.com

New offer?

Jazz P

Walk On
Fox sports had reported we just offered a player in the 2013 class. I
Guessing it's Ron Patterson but does anyone know?

Fox sports had reported we just offered a player in the 2013 class. I
Guessing it's Ron Patterson but does anyone know?
evidently they don't know.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It was Ron Patterson.Adam zagoria tweeted. Of course I asked him he didn't respond. And than takes the credit

Can't think this is a great sign in regards to Rysheed Jordan.

S*cout had him ranked #63 and 4 star in 2012 class, but didn't qualify at Indiana and prepped. Good prospect! Great defender and very good shooter as 2 guard possibly combo

S*cout had him ranked #63 and 4 star in 2012 class, but didn't qualify at Indiana and prepped. Good prospect! Great defender and very good shooter as 2 guard possibly combo
Creating off the bounce is his biggest weakness. Hopefully he improves in that department during his prep yr.

wow, I am very impressed. Added bonus is he's a brewster academy dude... so McCullough.

Creating off the bounce is his biggest weakness. Hopefully he improves in that department during his prep yr.
didn't look like he had to many issues of the dribble in that video.

We merely offered, correct? He hasn't committed? No use getting excited on an offer, although we usually only offer a prep kid if he's already committed behind the scenes. Someone please clarify.

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
10/18/12, 9:04 PM
Syracuse offered former Indiana commit Ron Patterson, a 2013 SG from Brewster (NH). He'll officially visit next weekend, per @JeffRabjohns.

A B list player with what seems to be A level talent.

Don't know one thing about him, but he does look to be a tough kid... I'm always a believer in having one, but sort of was hoping for Jordan...

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
10/18/12, 9:04 PM
Syracuse offered former Indiana commit Ron Patterson, a 2013 SG from Brewster (NH). He'll officially visit next weekend, per @JeffRabjohns.

An offer to a prep and a quick official visit? That usually bodes well for us. Starting to get excited.

Francis, is Patterson a better get for us than anyone we are currently going after for 13?

didn't look like he had to many issues of the dribble in that video.
It was mainly dunks and 3's, didn't see much of him breaking anybody down but it's only a highlight vid and I try not to judge any player until I watch a full game. The reason why I brought up his ball handling is because every scouting report of his on tos, ball handling issues against heavy pressure and the lack of creating his own shot was brought up. That's why I said hopefully he improves in that department.

Yeah Tos mentioned his handle was questionable and tended to struggle with his left

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Is that good or bad?
The academic thing is a red flag, I would think. But that can be addressed. He didn't emerge again on the recruiting scene until recently because of academic issues over the summer at Indiana. Seems like a backup, though, for Jordan. Surprised we're struggling a bit trying to land a 2 guard with our lack of depth there after this year. Kids should be running here.

I know that he doesn't really fit our need as much as Jordan does since it seems that his handle is suspect, but his shot/form is awesome, I always like having a shooter like that on the team, and he seems athletic and long which should translate well to the zone.

An offer to a prep and a quick official visit? That usually bodes well for us. Starting to get excited.

Francis, is Patterson a better get for us than anyone we are currently going after for 13?
Haven't seen him play so it wouldn't be fair to judge but Rysheed Jordan would fill the combo guard role that SU desperately needs for next season to go along with Ennis. Patterson strikes me more of a pure 2G than combo. Imo this looks to be either 2 things 1)Jordan recruitment has gone south(haven't heard that) 2)Putting pressure on Jordan to decide quickly because they've other options now.

Haven't seen him play so it wouldn't be fair to judge but Rysheed Jordan would fill the combo guard role that SU desperately needs for next season to go along with Ennis. Patterson strikes me more of a pure 2G than combo. Imo this looks to be either 2 things 1)Jordan recruitment has gone south(haven't heard that) 2)Putting pressure on Jordan to decide quickly because they've other options now.

I think Door #2. If they want Jordan that bad, this would make the most sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom