NIL | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Feels like this is going to only increase the gulf between the haves and the have-nots...
Can it get bigger?I think it can probably help the have nots more than the haves.
How much is a 2nd and 3rd stringer going to make at Clemson compared to a 1st stringer at Illinois or a Syracuse?Seems like whatever market you are in you will want to pay somebody you heard of to endorse your product.Why wait a couple years to start making NIL money when you can make it day one at the smaller school?

Olivia Dunne = 1.1M instagram followers (LSU Gymnast)
LSU Football = 820k instagram followers

This is great for college athletes of all kinds. This is the American way

The first deal in this new era was with an HBCU player. One of the most coveted endorsers, and they already have gigs booked, are the Fresno St. twin female basketball players. If anyone thinks this will be a big-school-football-only benefit is stuck in a silo.

Can it get bigger?I think it can probably help the have nots more than the haves.
How much is a 2nd and 3rd stringer going to make at Clemson compared to a 1st stringer at Illinois or a Syracuse?Seems like whatever market you are in you will want to pay somebody you heard of to endorse your product.Why wait a couple years to start making NIL money when you can make it day one at the smaller school?
This. You won’t be marketable if you ain’t playin. The transfer portal is going to be on fire over next few years. Ride the bench at Clemson/Bama/OSU until your name is called or transfer to lower level P5 where you have better opportunity to play right away and capitalize off NIL.

This. You won’t be marketable if you ain’t playin. The transfer portal is going to be on fire over next few years. Ride the bench at Clemson/Bama/OSU until your name is called or transfer to lower level P5 where you have better opportunity to play right away and capitalize off NIL.
I disagree with the "marketable" part as right now the upperclassmen are cashing in, that will die down in time. Essentially you will have big donors paying high school kids to go to their school. Whether kids play or perform is secondary, all of the "big" name kids leaving high school entering the NCAA world will cash in on their national signing day when they sign on to play at a school.

And after each season (in every sport) free agency begins, and you will have great players at all schools fielding offers from "businesses" (aka donors) telling them I got $20,000 for ya to be a "brand ambassador" for my company if you transfer to (insert school name) and play for them.

Now a lot of this stuff was happening already many will say and sure it probably was. But now with everything above board it's just going to cause this to explode. The "have's" will be the land of riches and dreams. and the "have nots" are just a farm team to feed the bigger name schools once said player reaches a certain level.

And just wait till Nike, Addidas, and Under Armour get involved and start directing kids to schools they have deals with. Oregon and Maryland might see an uptick in the talent they are able to land.

Any chance we can get ahead of the curve here. I mean Madden has the NFL game, why not Melo CBB, featuring Syracuse against whomever? Just spitballing here, but would be great to see some innovation from the Athletic Department.

Any chance we can get ahead of the curve here. I mean Madden has the NFL game, why not Melo CBB, featuring Syracuse against whomever? Just spitballing here, but would be great to see some innovation from the Athletic Department.
Seems like SU is taking its time on NIL. I hope JW uses his knowledge and connections to create a world class NIL environment at SU.

Seems like SU is taking its time on NIL. I hope JW uses his knowledge and connections to create a world class NIL environment at SU.

taking its time? They’ve been working on this for months. Have you missed the articles and the program that was announced yesterday?

taking its time? They’ve been working on this for months. Have you missed the articles and the program that was announced yesterday?
They need to do more. The NIL classes are nice but everyone will have those. INFLCR is nice too. It will help kids build their brand but they can’t get endorsements through it.

They need to partner with one of the NIL marketing platforms so Cuse athletes don’t have to beg on social media for endorsements. The school needs to look for endorsements for athletes or hire a 3rd party like BC/Pitt/RU and most other P5 schools did. It’s more easy negative recruiting

They need to do more. The NIL classes are nice but everyone will have those. INFLCR is nice too. It will help kids build their brand but they can’t get endorsements through it.

They need to partner with one of the NIL marketing platforms so Cuse athletes don’t have to beg on social media for endorsements. The school needs to look for endorsements for athletes or hire a 3rd party like BC/Pitt/RU and most other P5 schools did. It’s more easy negative recruiting
Want to tell me who these schools partnered with? Pitts announcement yesterday about their NIL program was with INFLCR. INFLCR is more than just education. Far more. They’ve also partnered with a marketing firm whose name I forget. SU is on top of this thing and has been.

Yes i did. Caught up on them early morning looks like SU is all over it.

Want to tell me who these schools partnered with? Pitts announcement yesterday about their NIL program was with INFLCR. INFLCR is more than just education. Far more. They’ve also partnered with a marketing firm whose name I forget. SU is on top of this thing and has been.
Opendorse is a big one

This is going to be a wild ride. Thank Goodness that SU is in the ACC. The exposure that kids get as a result of the network is huge. You just cant get that unless you are in a power 5 conf. Combined with the only show in town and we will do ok. Still with the crazy booster at some schools you just have to know that they are going to go on a buying spree. Bigger than when they had to hide it. I wonder how teams like Rice with all of the oil money will do. I think that we are going to see some small teams with crazy fan bases make a move in Bball.

Rick, can Wildhack utilize the ESPN component to this and just get kids jobs at ESPN during the offseason now? I mean why wouldn't ESPN just do a reality show of college players and pay them. They could live on campus. I would hope John is leveraging his ESPN connections in a big way.

I'm seeing that Reggie Bush wants his Heisman back. Which is fine by me.

But applying that logic, I think we need to go back to the Michigan game of 1999, kick the game tying field goal at the end, and see how we do in overtime.

(The Nunes safety wouldn't be a safety by today's rules).

The next step in this is you will have local businesses around some of these schools just giving high school recruits a 3 or 4 year contract worth thousands a year if they sign on to play at the school.

This will quickly go from players being able to make a few bucks with endorsements to high school kids now being on free agency tours meeting not only with the schools but with local businesses who want to lock them up on solid contracts of guaranteed money should they commit to said school

The next step in this is you will have local businesses around some of these schools just giving high school recruits a 3 or 4 year contract worth thousands a year if they sign on to play at the school.

This will quickly go from players being able to make a few bucks with endorsements to high school kids now being on free agency tours meeting not only with the schools but with local businesses who want to lock them up on solid contracts of guaranteed money should they commit to said school
Naturally we're at the intersection of conflicts of interest for schools, companies, etc. School is providing about 400k of free education and benefits and the corporations will be less than that. The endorsements will ironically want these kids to stick around locally too and/or will have damage clauses if they leave early and don't perform their contractual duties.

It's gonna be ugly as this matures as a business

Rick, can Wildhack utilize the ESPN component to this and just get kids jobs at ESPN during the offseason now? I mean why wouldn't ESPN just do a reality show of college players and pay them. They could live on campus. I would hope John is leveraging his ESPN connections in a big way.

I don’t know if that’s legal. It might be.

I see the NIL really helping sports other than Football at SU. Football has too many bodies to contend with.

Opendorse is a big one

there’s a few big ones. INFLCR brought in two of the big guys from Opendorse and has partnered with OpenSponsorship. There’s probably going to be a 100 of these types of businesses trying to get in on the game.

I disagree with the "marketable" part as right now the upperclassmen are cashing in, that will die down in time. Essentially you will have big donors paying high school kids to go to their school. Whether kids play or perform is secondary, all of the "big" name kids leaving high school entering the NCAA world will cash in on their national signing day when they sign on to play at a school.

And after each season (in every sport) free agency begins, and you will have great players at all schools fielding offers from "businesses" (aka donors) telling them I got $20,000 for ya to be a "brand ambassador" for my company if you transfer to (insert school name) and play for them.

Now a lot of this stuff was happening already many will say and sure it probably was. But now with everything above board it's just going to cause this to explode. The "have's" will be the land of riches and dreams. and the "have nots" are just a farm team to feed the bigger name schools once said player reaches a certain level.

And just wait till Nike, Addidas, and Under Armour get involved and start directing kids to schools they have deals with. Oregon and Maryland might see an uptick in the talent they are able to land.
Is it going to be considered tampering for purposes of the transfer portal, if persons "not affiliated with the official program" (ha!) contact players to suggest they transfer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom