Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse

Honestly I want them undefeated but if FSU knocks them off we do get to jump ahead of them in the playoff standings with a win.

I never root for kids to get injured, but I'll take any advantage we can get.

After years of November brutality, things are really shaping up. The opportunity is right there for this team - just have to rise to the occasion.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I don't think the dropoff to Wimbush is that big. I'd rather be knocking around the smaller guy. But Book is the far better player and a guy who could have a day like Finley had vs our D even if it plays well which I thought it did for the most part vs NC State. Can't see Wimbush having a game like that.

If we beat them we really really need the Trojans to take care of them. Would suck to lose the 4th bid to ND after beating them.

I don't think the dropoff to Wimbush is that big. I'd rather be knocking around the smaller guy. But Book is the far better player and a guy who could have a day like Finley had vs our D even if it plays well which I thought it did for the most part vs NC State. Can't see Wimbush having a game like that.

If we beat them we really really need the Trojans to take care of them. Would suck to lose the 4th bid to ND after beating them.

It is that big. Notre Dame isn't undefeated if Winbush started the Pitt or Northwestern games.

I'd rather they beat FSU this week and he's back for our game. I want to see how we matchup with no major injuries.

Agree as long as we sack him a few times and throw him off his game enough to get the win. We need them to be undefeated and their starting QB at least functioning during the game for our best shot at a NY6 bowl game. Wins over ND and NC State will propel us ahead of Kentucky and their wins over Florida and Mississippi State.

Cheers,
Neil

One site gives us a 7% chance to make the tourney and ESPN gives us an 8% chance to make it, if we win out.
I would imagine the odds go down if we beat an undermanned ND team.
I would like them at full strength to keep what little hope we have alive.

If he has injured ribs man that is hard to run.
One sack by Alton Robinson and he could be knocked out.
I want ND to be full strength for our game so we don’t get any asterisk if we win.

Injured ribs can not only make it hard to run, can make it hard to have a proper throwing motion and definitely a little gun shy about contact

oooooh...sore ribs! Theres going to be some flinching going on when he hears the footsteps! :)

gettyimages-1029433850-612x612.jpg

One site gives us a 7% chance to make the tourney and ESPN gives us an 8% chance to make it, if we win out.
I would imagine the odds go down if we beat an undermanned ND team.
I would like them at full strength to keep what little hope we have alive.

We need them to pick up a 2nd loss so we can jump ahead of them. They can't fall out of the top 10 this week so it will be a top 10 win even if they go down to FSU. I don't want to rely on USC to give them loss #2. BC won't slip too much assuming Clemson wins but they need to get a W in Tallahassee next week and stay ranked they won't be ranked if they lose both.

Arkansas knocking off LSU is too much to ask for but Texas AM on the road last week of the season is a game we can reasonably think they drop.

An Auburn win vs Georgia this week would be phenomenal.

A MSU win vs OSU would be equally amazing.

None of the 'help' we need is far fetched.

be careful what you wish for...wimbush is not bad either. I want him to play and play gingerly. This is the best case scenario for us if they plan on trying to get him ready for yankee stadium.

From what I've seen of ND this year (admittedly not much) it looked like Wimbush isn't half the passer Book is.

I'd prefer to face Wimbush because he's more likely to miss throws Book has routinely made.

And I don't care if they're undefeated when we play them; I'd like to see them lose every game every week, every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom