Old Frank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Old Frank

He played SOOOOOO bad tonight, I thought he might be testing JB to see how much he'd make him sit on the bench. :bat:

I keed, I keed

Cheers,
Neil

He stunk last year too but ppl dont want to consider that... he is either going to fix it or not. Lets not pretend this is an anomaly.

I think frank is going to be fine. He had a bad game but I think he is a different guy this year. Just my opinion and I realize I’m in the minority.
I don't think you're in the minority. I'd say the board is about evenly split.

Really?! I said “one” of the worst. Have you seen a junior PG throw it out of bounds to nobody like three or four times? The charges, not challenging shooters, dribbling off his feet, dribbling in place going nowhere, picking up his dribble and letting a trap come to him 35ft away. Alarms going off.
What made it epically bad was that the coach left him in. I've seen basketball played that badly before but not for nearly that long in one game. Hitting those free throws down the stretch helped him avoid being the worst ever IMO.

i was at the game and i won't sugar coat it frank howard played awful, he picked up his dribble numerous times in the middle of nowhere, had some really horrendous passes and charges, ill advised shots and just kept pounding the ball into the hardwood like he was trying to make a dent...however he did hit some big free throws when uconn was trying to make a run towards the end, he did set up some teammates nicely on a few passes and the most important aspect of tonight is that the TEAM WON, WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS...he's played pretty well this season so hopefully he can just learn from his mistakes and put this game behind him, he seems like a more mature person from last year so i think that'll help him plus JB has confidence in him so i hope he believes in himself

The over reaction here is bad. I think we all have to realize that Frank is essentially a very up and down kind of player. He had a putrid game and never was able to get himself back on track. He also wasn't yanked. If you yank the kid, you risk last year all over again. Instead, it is likely short memory, get back to work taking the win.

Today we likely know how Louisville felt those nights when Siva would hand away a game and wonder why he ever saw a minute. The sooner we all accept that Frank is going to be a more volatile performer at PG , the faster we can move on.

Looked pretty good against Devontae Graham.

Battle at the 1 leads to fadeaways and step back 2’s against pressure.
And a foot on the half court line.

It was amazing to me how calm JB was talking to him at the end. Most times, he would have been going absolutely bonkers. Maybe adapting his coaching knowing we can't afford to lose Frank mentally this year after a bad performance.

If JB had another option besides Frank, he would've been yelling. Also, he understands how fragile FH's psyche is. I wish he would've spelled him for a little bit with Howard Washington BUT I think it's smart of JB to not come down too hard. We need Frank... like it or not.

If JB had another option besides Frank, he would've been yelling. Also, he understands how fragile FH's psyche is. I wish he would've spelled him for a little bit with Howard Washington BUT I think it's smart of JB to not come down too hard. We need Frank... like it or not.

Well, we did have another option a week ago.

I think frank is going to be fine. He had a bad game but I think he is a different guy this year. Just my opinion and I realize I’m in the minority.
Nahh, tear it down and bring in someone over Christmas. Clearly he can't handle the roll and we are doomed to see this type of performance as opposed to the previous games year.

Awful,performance. Beyond the terrible play, here is a really big issue: a few times FH was back in Frank The Crank mode. He turned ball over and then sulked and didn't hustle back. One play he tossed the ball to UConn in our frontcourt and he stood like a statue as UConn was fast breaking. He literally never even jogged back. That's a problem.

Here's the thing. We all were saying he looks more comfortable because he's not looking over his shoulder for JB's hook this year. Well, if he plays like dog doo and then feels like he won't get pulled, even when he doesn't hustle back... That is a problem.

Awful job by JB tonight not yanking him when he was playing really bad and compounding it by not hustling. He has to know that crap won't be tolerated.

Yes, frank was terrible tonight. Part of the blame on jimmy. You just have to sit the kid for a couple of minutes when he was so obviously not into the rhythm of the game.

Really?! I said “one” of the worst. Have you seen a junior PG throw it out of bounds to nobody like three or four times? The charges, not challenging shooters, dribbling off his feet, dribbling in place going nowhere, picking up his dribble and letting a trap come to him 35ft away. Alarms going off.

Honesty, it really doesn't surprise me because he's not a lead guard, and he really gets exposed when playing against stiffer competition with just token ball pressure. His poor handle along with his high dribble, will be there for the taking all season against tougher ACC opponents and aggressive ball pressure D. We saw it last year, as he started off the season very solid against lessor competition and then as the season went on really tailed off.

Tonight's poor play by Frank was only one night, but until he shows (which I have low confidence due to his aforementioned weak skill set) he can be solid against stiffer competition, I'm going to remain half empty on Frank as a consistent/reliable lead type guard. JB really doesn't have any other options, at least not for prolonged periods, so that's why, imo, Frank wasn't yanked tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom