Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

Before people tear into his decision, I just want to say that despite his inconsistency I still believe he has the upside of a pro. He just needs some work.

He’ll be a pro — somewhere overseas. Lacks the finesse to be an NBA player. But I wish him well. We need some players to succeed at the next level.

I think Guerrier is going to be good for around 6-7 per game. That's replacing 80% of what he gave us. Hughes will probably rebound a bit better this year, and we've got 4 guys to play center. I think we're going to be OK.

Guerrier will score in double figures by January. By then, it’ll be a different team with a new backcourt. But it’s another bubble kind of year.

Gunna be a lot of fresh faces suiting up for us next year...

Guerrier will score in double figures by January. By then, it’ll be a different team with a new backcourt. But it’s another bubble kind of year.
Quincy will be double figures from day one

Go get ‘em, OB!
Prove all the self-appointed experts, haters, and jealous cynics, wrong!
Go and live your best life. Forever Orange!!

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with the system. If Boeheim thought they could run, they would. They were a team that ran like gazelle in the Serengeti when the opportunity presented itself. He can't dribble, shoot or finish strong at the rim. He needs a situation like Jerami had.
JB never gets guys in the league. Thank god OB played for someone else...wait...

The analyst is correct.
JB’s offense doesn’t help guys like Brissett. JB wants to win basketball games and that has been on playing low possession games with an iso offense.
Brissett wouldn’t develop the skills he needs to be a better pro in our system.
I don’t get why people just can’t admit this.
Best of luck to OB and JB will still win games the way we have.
So then, this offense is great for exposing the talents of freshmen and sophomores, but no good for juniors and seniors? Does that make JB about the same kind of coach as Calipari?

So then, this offense is great for exposing the talents of freshmen and sophomores, but no good for juniors and seniors? Does that make JB about the same kind of coach as Calipari?
I swear most of these peeps aren’t paying attention.

Good luck Oshae! You will be missed.

I think this is the right choice for his future. I'm so happy for him that he has done well in his NBA auditions to date. He'll probably play summer league, and I hope he really shines. He's a talented kid. I hope he focuses on what he's best at, and doesn't try to be a different player. I think he went about as far as he can go offensively in our system. I wish him all the best and thank him for some great performances.

I meant that he'd get 6-7 rebounds a game. I agree that I see him as a guy who can get double digits offensively. I'm not sure that he'll do it right away, but he seems pretty good. He's a strong guy with the ball, and works the baseline well to get to the rim. He can finish through contact (compare to Mr. Brissett) and he does have a 3 ball when he's open. I think he's going to be our next C.J. Fair type of player. Not so much a greyhound on the break as a Kris Joseph. He's more physical. I think he's going to bring a new dimension to our offense; the ability of a forward to finish around the rim.

Calipari recruits better talent. Who stays at Kentucky who is an NBA prospect? Kentucky fringe players leave the school because they get over recruited Calipari is always bringing in new talent.

This point doesn’t change anything.
Our offense results in a lot of tough shots and we have been playing a slow tempo game.
Kentucky hasn’t been playing a slow tempo game at all.

Last edited:
JB never gets guys in the league. Thank god OB played for someone else...wait...
Lol such a stupid straw man.
Good job counselor.
The argument hasn’t been JB doesn’t get guys to the league. The point is our offense doesn’t help fringe guys improve their draft stock so leaving makes more sense.
Good job pivoting the point here so you could try and make this into something else.
A slow paced offense, which is primary halfcourt ISO focused doesn’t help NBA prospects develop the skills they need for the NBA because we don’t have 4-5 guys on the floor who can score like in the professional game. Thus college defenses can sag off non offensive threats and the professional prospects get more low percentage shots which hurts their stock.

I swear most of these peeps aren’t paying attention.
I swear people don’t realize how a slow paced and ISO based offense aren’t paying attention to the fact it hurts draft stock for fringe guys.

The professional game doesn’t care about college players winning games. Our coach first focus is to win games not develop the skills of the players. Kentucky doesn’t have to develop the skills of their players when they are recruiting better prospects each year. We don’t recruits multiple 5* kids like Duke and Kentucky are each year. Thus they can just outtalent most teams.
They lose to veteran teams in March which aren’t as talented but can score.

Playing in the G League will prepare fringe NBA players for the pro game more than playing in our offense.

I swear people don’t realize how a slow paced and ISO based offense aren’t paying attention to the fact it hurts draft stock for fringe guys.

The professional game doesn’t care about college players winning games. Our coach first focus is to win games not develop the skills of the players. Kentucky doesn’t have to develop the skills of their players when they are recruiting better prospects each year. We don’t recruits multiple 5* kids like Duke and Kentucky are each year. Thus they can just outtalent most teams.
They lose to veteran teams in March which aren’t as talented but can score.

Playing in the G League will prepare fringe NBA players for the pro game more than playing in our offense.

Our offense has been different in the recent past. We stopped running with the Ennis team and have never started running again since. We've always had some ISO / 1-on-1 ball in our offense (see Tyus Battle, Jonny Flynn, Devo, Dion, Hak, Melo, Billy Owens).

But on some of our best teams, we ran more motion, even if it was that stupid weave up top, because it was coupled with the baseline screens and back cuts, when we had a PG who could make those passes and feed the post. We also have to run out of the zone more.

I'm hopeful that with the number of shooters on the team the next couple years, coupled with a couple inside players who look like they can post up and score near the rim, and I think we could return to a better, more modern NBA looking motion offense with all 5 guys being able to score. Wouldn't that be nice?

Our offense has been different in the recent past. We stopped running with the Ennis team and have never started running again since. We've always had some ISO / 1-on-1 ball in our offense (see Tyus Battle, Jonny Flynn, Devo, Dion, Hak, Melo, Billy Owens).

But on some of our best teams, we ran more motion, even if it was that stupid weave up top, because it was coupled with the baseline screens and back cuts, when we had a PG who could make those passes and feed the post.

I'm hopeful that with the number of shooters on the team the next couple years, coupled with a couple inside players who look like they can post up and score near the rim, and I think we could return to a better, more modern NBA looking motion offense with all 5 guys being able to score. Wouldn't that be nice?
I understand you get it. The Analyst who says our offensive system doesn’t help Brissett by staying is right and the guy from AZ doesn’t get why he is right.
OB is a fringe NBA player if he doesn’t want his degree another year in this system won’t help his draft stock.
OB already played a ton of minutes his usage rate wasn’t low.
I am glad JB has started recruiting more shooters but our offense is going to be easy to defend until we have a complete offense which includes a threat in the post, a threat to drive and shooters.

We clearly have got the shooters, hopefully we have the first two but OB made the right call. Another year in this system doesn’t help his pro game.

Playing with professional talent with proper spacing will give him a better chance to make it.

Here is hoping that all changes very soon in regards to our offense. If you start Girard and Boeheim somehow I feel our offense gets way better. Boeheim needs to remember how we won a title-we had offense. Our defense was just good but our offense was incredible. He never won a title with the zone defense-he got close though. We shall see...

I understand you get it. The Analyst who says our offensive system doesn’t help Brissett by staying is right and the guy from AZ doesn’t get why he is right.
OB is a fringe NBA player if he doesn’t want his degree another year in this system won’t help his draft stock.
OB already played a ton of minutes his usage rate wasn’t low.
I am glad JB has started recruiting more shooters but our offense is going to be easy to defend until we have a complete offense which includes a threat in the post, a threat to drive and shooters.

We clearly have got the shooters, hopefully we have the first two but OB made the right call. Another year in this system doesn’t help his pro game.

Playing with professional talent with proper spacing will give him a better chance to make it.

Our offensive capabilities are going to be interesting this year. I think we are getting closer to have a full offensive package than our lineup has permitted for a few years.

I think Quincy can be the guy to drive the baseline and score or get to the line.

I think that Carey can turn into a Jonny Flynn/Scoop type of player, who can turn the corner on the drive, and get out to run the break, if he can get himself more under control.

Although he's got great leaping ability, when I watch Brycen Goodine, I see a guy who is a little more deliberate and a little more careful with the ball. I think Boeheim will like that, and I can see him pushing Carey for time. I hope they both play well, like when we had Scoop and Triche sharing the point. It's nice to have 2 PGs who can contribute.

We have outside shooters, as you said. We'll have about 5 of them this year, so that's going to open up the floor. The question is, can we find some offense in the post? It doesn't have to be the center. With us, a lot of our post play has historically come from our forwards, or from a high-low set with two bigs.

I'm not too confident of Carey feeding the post well. He's more of a jet getting down the floor. He's the guy who could make us run next year. This is where Girard's or Washington's opening may be. If one of them can feed the post really well and hit the open three, they could work their way into the rotation.

But what about the post? If Sidibe could get healthy, he was pretty good in HS. Dutch Treat looks to have some offensive game, including the ability to score in the midrange and drive to the basket from 10 feet in. JBA looks right now about like Elvir Ovcina on offense, although he is working on a dribble drive move to go along with his threes. He is the thickest of our centers.

And then we have Marek, who gives us a Tyler Lydon presence in the middle this year, because I think he is going to turn into a legit outside shooter. I think he has the biggest potential to surprise us this year.

Good Luck Oshae, it’s your call, never missed a game (that I can recall), gave it your all on and off the court, coaches only say great things bout u (since day1) on and off, take advantage of this opportunity and keep working! G_D Bless

I think I've made my opinion of him pretty clear, but I certainly wish him the best of luck and hope he proves to be a solid NBA player.

Will be very interesting to see how we fill his minutes next year.

I am on record that guys should always go. I thank him and wish him luck. I don't believe he will be an NBA player, and I think he will be replaced without too much disruption. The player and the program move and live on.

Oshae has too much trouble with college level tall guys. He has never learned to stop running into them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom