Post Mortum... | Syracusefan.com

Post Mortum...

newmexicuse

All Conference
A few thoughts:

1. Too bad Ennis came up short on two great looks near the end. The kid didn't have a great game for him, but he did single handedly give us an opportunity to win or tie at the end. This time he was the victom of Jimmy's non-substitution pattern. He played all 40 & he looked beat in the final five minutes where he gutted it up until he had no more to give.

2. CJ - thank you for all you have given to the program. Seemed like he was finally getting a nice run with a few hoops in the second half & then suddenly all the play went away from him to Tyler.

3. Jerami - clearly wasn't himself. I would be very surprised if the back wasn't bothering him.

4. Cooney - his year end slump resumed itself, but the refs did not help with the dubious flagrant call & by missing a call on one of his treys where the announcers agreed he was fouled. Maybe if he had gotten that call & hit two or three from the line he gets going. Nonetheless, IMHO, he should be the spark off the bench & not the starting 2G -his game is too one dimensional & he gets shut down too often when the D is focused upon him.

5. G- played about as well as he could play. If ANYBODY else had played up to their potential we win easily.

6. X - he went from scoring our first four points to offensive MIA - what happened ???

7. Roberson - oh yeah, he didn't get to his man in the back of the zone on that trey attempt. That was him on that play - wasn't it ????? It had to be him since obviously our starters don't ever make those mistakes and there has to be some justification for all of his pine time.

8. Jimmy - just a horrible, horrible job of coaching this team. Absolutely no player development, no rest given to the weary, no backup plan in case Trevor played like he did last season, no development of any scoring off the bench inside or out other than the little that G gives even though G played very well today. I think Jimmy is so caught up in the Zone and his belief in it that he thinks being able to play it is rocket science and overrides all else anybody might be able to do on the court.

Anybody out there still feeling that Roberson couldn't have contributed MORE than Jerami did today, not to mention getting CJ some rest ??? Anybody out there still feeling that Cooney was sooo good that Buss & BJ didn't even deserve a shot at seeing the light of day ???

I really hate to do this, but right now I am so frustrated that I am going to do it any way - I told you so.

This has probably been the worst month of coaching in JB's career. BC loss, Duke Technical/ejection, GaTech loss, NC State loss and this crappy excuse for an NCAA tournament appearance. He definitely slumped as a coach along with the rest of the team. I hope he finds himself over the summer.

In answer to Rak, he shot the ball only 3 times in the last 16 minutes of the game. That's absurd, need to look at either the coach or the point guard on that one.

Agree with it being one of Boeheims worst months... Good coaching is having your team play it's best basketball at this time of the year, and JB did the complete opposite. Lost six of last nine... Id easily trade that 25-0 start with a couple losses in exchange for the team playing it's best basketball at the end of the year

We Are Syracuse said:
Agree with it being one of Boeheims worst months... Good coaching is having your team play it's best basketball at this time of the year, and JB did the complete opposite. Lost six of last nine... Id easily trade that 25-0 start with a couple losses in exchange for the team playing it's best basketball at the end of the year

I would have traded the 25-0 start for anything to be in Uconns spot right now.

We Are Syracuse said:
I cannot stand UCONN. Sickens me they're still playing...

I've had a pit in my stomach since the end of our game that got bigger at the end of the Nova game.....

say what you will about coach but this is what he's been doing forever. usually we have better players so it doesnt matter. this year our players simply werent good enough. Fair was miscast as the Carmelo Anthony license to choad mad bomber...we havent had a big man that can score since rick jackson... we had one guy who could shoot from the outside..and not that well as it turns out. we could have had Phil Jackon, Pat riley, etc. etc coaching this team and it wouldnt have mattered.

8. Jimmy - just a horrible, horrible job of coaching this team. Absolutely no player development, no rest given to the weary, no backup plan in case Trevor played like he did last season, no development of any scoring off the bench inside or out other than the little that G gives even though G played very well today. I think Jimmy is so caught up in the Zone and his belief in it that he thinks being able to play it is rocket science and overrides all else anybody might be able to do on the court.

I think 98% of people here buy into this.

If Cooney stinks it up next year we'll soon start hearing about how he's the best zone defender since God himself was up top in Heaven's intramural league. The more someone struggles the better they get in the zone historically. :)

In answer to Rak, he shot the ball only 3 times in the last 16 minutes of the game. That's absurd, need to look at either the coach or the point guard on that one.

This. I do see him working for position. I don't get it. Never seen so much confusion of offense. This is Dayton. Granted I had Dayton winning but I didn't think they could grind us down like this. For at this stage of the season for there to be such confusion on offense, often no clue what to do on offense, etc. It's a problem.

Good post.
A few thoughts:

1. Too bad Ennis came up short on two great looks near the end. The kid didn't have a great game for him, but he did single handedly give us an opportunity to win or tie at the end. This time he was the victom of Jimmy's non-substitution pattern. He played all 40 & he looked beat in the final five minutes where he gutted it up until he had no more to give.

2. CJ - thank you for all you have given to the program. Seemed like he was finally getting a nice run with a few hoops in the second half & then suddenly all the play went away from him to Tyler.

3. Jerami - clearly wasn't himself. I would be very surprised if the back wasn't bothering him.

4. Cooney - his year end slump resumed itself, but the refs did not help with the dubious flagrant call & by missing a call on one of his treys where the announcers agreed he was fouled. Maybe if he had gotten that call & hit two or three from the line he gets going. Nonetheless, IMHO, he should be the spark off the bench & not the starting 2G -his game is too one dimensional & he gets shut down too often when the D is focused upon him.

5. G- played about as well as he could play. If ANYBODY else had played up to their potential we win easily.

6. X - he went from scoring our first four points to offensive MIA - what happened ???

7. Roberson - oh yeah, he didn't get to his man in the back of the zone on that trey attempt. That was him on that play - wasn't it ????? It had to be him since obviously our starters don't ever make those mistakes and there has to be some justification for all of his pine time.

Anybody out there still feeling that Roberson couldn't have contributed MORE than Jerami did today, not to mention getting CJ some rest ??? Anybody out there still feeling that Cooney was sooo good that Buss & BJ didn't even deserve a shot at seeing the light of day ???

I really hate to do this, but right now I am so frustrated that I am going to do it any way - I told you so.

Know what...good post!

A few thoughts:

Great post!-------I observed that in the Ohio State game,Dayton substituted three players at the 12 minute mark. Dayton did the same three player substitution near the 12 minute mark against the Cuse. It is clear what team had the freshest legs at the end of the game!

Mike Hopkins needs to be given the reigns. It is that time.

Great post!-------I observed that in the Ohio State game,Dayton substituted three players at the 12 minute mark. Dayton did the same three player substitution near the 12 minute mark against the Cuse. It is clear what team had the freshest legs at the end of the game!
As little as Jimmy normally goes to the bench, our regular substitution pattern was to at least get Tyler a 3 to 5 minute blow in the first half. Simply not doing that may have been the difference in the game.

I'm shocked, just shocked, to see you going there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom