Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is he would be the third best G on the team and second best if JC leaves but you don't want him?
I'm concerned about character. It's not just the UK/WWW grease-ball thing (fool me once ...). It's that he feels he's better than he is (and than SU is). He's obviously a good player or we wouldn't have recruited him. But seeing him play at UK .. he hasn't been that impressive against much taller and equally athletic D-1 defenders. He's a good outside shooter (37%), but that percentage is on a team that spaces the floor with lots of other 5-star talent. His playmaking numbers are unimpressive (<3 apg). And I don't see him as an especially gifted finisher at the rim, which is a must for a smaller player who would not be ideal in the zone. He does nothing that FH doesn't do better (and 6" taller), and Frank wasn't a 5-star guy.

I mean, as a second or third guard, I could see it. I just don't think he sees it that way. We've had bad history with him ... which I guess could be overcome. But I don't think a secondary role is what he's looking for, and at 5'11 I think we can do better and taller.

Last edited:
He was "all in" with us. He told JB and a bunch of staffers for months he was coming here. Then he bailed at the last minute for UK. I'll let you speculate why. But if it's the reason I suspect, he's not the kind of kid I want playing for us, and at 5'11 I don't see the fit anyway. If he was a world-beater, we could suck eggs and give him a free pass. But as I've said, lots of other better character prospects out there that are true to their word and better fits for the zone.

Tyus Battle told Beilein he was coming. Verbal Commit and everything! That's certainly more than what Quade gave us in 2016.

Bad character, IMO.

Tyus Battle told Beilein he was coming. Verbal Commit and everything! That's certainly more than what Quade gave us in 2016.

Bad character, IMO.
We've been over this, and they're not the same situations. Tyus didn't tell us he was coming and then bail at the last minute under sheisty circumstances. He just decided, for whatever reason, he liked UM better. Then he changed his mind in mid-recruiting season. There was no deception, last minute pressure from WWW/Pay-Pal, etc.. You keep offering Tyus as an analog and it's not there. QG is a good player. But he treated us like dirt, he has an out-sized view of his own abilities, he's 5"11 and I think we can do better. JMO.

We've been over this, and they're not the same situations. Tyus didn't tell us he was coming and then bail at the last minute under sheisty circumstances. He just decided, for whatever reason, he liked UM better. Then he changed his mind in mid-recruiting season. There was no deception, last minute pressure from WWW/Pay-Pal, etc.. You keep offering Tyus as an analog and it's not there. QG is a good player. But he treated us like dirt, he has an out-sized view of his own abilities, he's 5"11 and I think we can do better. JMO.
The point ... you're missing it. How do you think UM felt about Battle changing his mind to go to SU after he verbally committed to UM? Do their fans think SU offered him money?

The point ... you're missing it. How do you think UM felt about Battle changing his mind to go to SU after he verbally committed to UM? Do they think SU offered him money?
We didn't pressure him. We're not Kentucky. We don't make deals with players and run a semi-pro system with no academics. He changed his mind, and we were a close second the whole time ... not a last minute flip under sheisty circumstances.

I mean, I don't like the kid as a fit for our system or in the locker room. What do you want from me? If you don't care what he did, that's up to you.

We've been over this, and they're not the same situations. Tyus didn't tell us he was coming and then bail at the last minute under sheisty circumstances.
That's correct. He told Michigan he was coming and then bailed after a public commitment. Most people would view this as a far bigger dick move than what Quade did. We just don't care since we were the beneficiaries.

Your point about his size and fit here is fair, but given how hard JB and the staff sold out to get him, I'm willing to trust them on this one.

Everything you offered up after “changed his mind in mid-recruiting season” is speculation from message board posters.

The fact of the matter is that Battle committed to Michigan, which is Literally telling Beilein he is coming, and then bailed. One happening in June and the other in November is trivial. It wasn’t at last minute as we were still able to bring in recruits that Spring. The biggest difference is one helped SU and the other hurt.

so wrong on this...he went to a different program... happens

Everything you offered up after “changed his mind in mid-recruiting season” is speculation from message board posters.

The fact of the matter is that Battle committed to Michigan, which is Literally telling Beilein he is coming, and then bailed. One happening in June and the other in November is trivial. It wasn’t at last minute as we were still able to bring in recruits that Spring. The biggest difference is one helped SU and the other hurt.
I don't think changing your mind and choosing legit. universities that have been recruiting you all through the process -- like SU or Michigan -- is in the same league as getting pressured by Pay-Pal-Cal and flipping to a sheisty "school" at the very last minute that was NEVER even involved at all in your recruiting process. It's totally sheisty, like everything UK does.

Besides that, he's not a great fit for the zone. He's small. He's a decent but not lights-out shooter. He's just okay as a playmaker ...not even 3 assists per game. And he's nothing special going to the rim. So I'll ask again, what does he do better than a 4-star kid like Frank Howard, who's 6 inches taller? (My answer is nothing, and Frank is a team-guy without a monster ago).

Last edited:
so wrong on this...he went to a different program... happens
It happens (like Tyus). It doesn't just "happen" when Pay-Pal comes a calling at the very last minute with no prior involvement. I don't buy that. Something was sheisty there, and I'm not talking about a change of heart from a 17 year old. Besides the character issues, he's small. I'll take a 4-star kid like Frank Howard who's a team-player any day.

I don't think changing your mind and choosing legit. universities that have been recruiting you all through the process -- like SU or Michigan -- is in the same league as getting pressured by Pay-Pal-Cal and flipping to a sheisty "school" at the very last minute that was NEVER even involved at all in your recruiting process. It's totally sheisty, like everything UK does.

Besides that, he's not a great fit for the zone. He's small. He's a decent but not lights-out shooter. He's just okay as a playmaker ...not even 3 assists per game. And he's nothing special going to the rim. So I'll ask again, what does he do better than a 4-star kid like Frank Howard, who's 6 inches taller? (My answer is nothing, and Frank is a team-guy without a monster ago).

Quade was offered by UK in June 2016. So I think it’s safe to say they were involved well before he committed in November.

It happens (like Tyus). It doesn't just "happen" when Pay-Pal comes a calling at the very last minute with no prior involvement. I don't buy that. Something was sheisty there, and I'm not talking about a change of heart from a 17 year old. Besides the character issues, he's small. I'll take a 4-star kid like Frank Howard who's a team-player any day.

ummmm do you have short term memory lost...bad example using frank as a team-player

I'm concerned about character. It's not just the UK/WWW grease-ball thing (fool me once ...). It's that he feels he's better than he is (and than SU is). He's obviously a good player or we wouldn't have recruited him. But seeing him play at UK .. he hasn't been that impressive against much taller and equally athletic D-1 defenders. He's a good outside shooter (37%), but that percentage is on a team that spaces the floor with lots of other 5-star talent. His playmaking numbers are unimpressive (<3 apg). And I don't see him as an especially gifted finisher at the rim, which is a must for a smaller player who would not be ideal in the zone. He does nothing that FH doesn't do better (and 6" taller), and Frank wasn't a 5-star guy.

I mean, as a second or third guard, I could see it. I just don't think he sees it that way. We've had bad history with him ... which I guess could be overcome. But I don't think a secondary role is what he's looking for, and at 5'11 I think we can do better and taller.
What i dont understand is why our staff was so high on green that they stopped recruiting other point guards.

ummmm do you have short term memory lost...bad example using frank as a team-player
He was benched. He stuck it out. Now he's starting and reaching his potential. What does QG give us that Frank doesn't?

First off I would take him in a heart beat, but one thing that strikes me is the high character of our assistant coaches that he actually wants to come here still, I am sure GMAC took the high road and maintained a positive relationship similar to what Allen is doing with Bazley. Even though GMAC poured his heart into that recruitment, he handled it with class when Green "broke his heart". High character Asst coaches on this staff that we should be proud of.

That's such a bonkers thought that its hard to think it was serious. Washington was a last second recruit that most people didn't want taking up a scholarship including the coaching staff until there was no one else left, he barely got minutes until it was absolutely necessary and then blew out his knee. But now he's superior to Green. HA!!

Grown dudes still so butthurt over an 18 year old kids college decision that they would rather have inferior players take up minutes because of their poor feelings.

I guess part of it could be that we will have completed two more full recruiting cycles by the time he would be on the floor in the dome. But I do agree that I’d he can help I don’t really care that he went to UK.

But he's a bad character kid...he told the staff he was coming and then at the last minute he changed his mind and went to Kentucky. This was after Kentucky and cal made a hard and aggressive push to land him in the last hour. Shame on this 17/18 yr old kid to fall for a sales pitch from the likes of Kentucky! Who is Kentucky anyways? This definitely makes this kid a disloyal brat who is only looking out for himself! He also took a huge bag of money and we don't want that drama because cuse will certainly get in trouble for that! Was that wasn't even a possibility of happening this past year when he was at Kentucky? This kid has character issues that we do not want! (Sarcasm?)

They're basically saying that we wouldn't have taken Anthony Davis if he wanted out after 1 year either since pretty much everything said applied to him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom