Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

He’s going to get some big time looks..I think Calipari will inquire..I think ultimately he ends up at Seton Hall
He scored more per 40 minutes than Starling of course he'll get some looks. If reputable insiders hadn't leaked the offcourt stuff and if he hadn't had his worst game of the year against NC State people would be losing their minds over him leaving.

Still has a lot to work on but he can get to the hoop at will and find guys even when the D is in position. I'm sure he will use Red pushing him out as motivation to get better as well.

There is no upside to this Starling doesn't play D and Copeland can play the same position Taylor, Judah, and Benny play. Its 4 guys who have to be replaced and internally you have Westry who hasn't played in years and two complete defensive liabilities in Starling/Bell. Is the goal now to try and win games 100-90?

Portalling a center better than McLeod isn't a certainty. I'm sure we will try and it might work out but realistically a pre injury Hima might be all we can get. Brown playing 30 per night at the 5 the next 2 seasons may end up happening. 2 nice freshmen but our class isn't ranked top 25 anywhere. I actually think the freshmen might be who would have benefitted the most from playing with Copeland.

He scored more per 40 minutes than Starling of course he'll get some looks. If reputable insiders hadn't leaked the offcourt stuff and if he hadn't had his worst game of the year against NC State people would be losing their minds over him leaving.

Still has a lot to work on but he can get to the hoop at will and find guys even when the D is in position. I'm sure he will use Red pushing him out as motivation to get better as well.

There is no upside to this Starling doesn't play D and Copeland can play the same position Taylor, Judah, and Benny play. Its 4 guys who have to be replaced and internally you have Westry who hasn't played in years and two complete defensive liabilities in Starling/Bell. Is the goal now to try and win games 100-90?

Portalling a center better than McLeod isn't a certainty. I'm sure we will try and it might work out but realistically a pre injury Hima might be all we can get. Brown playing 30 per night at the 5 the next 2 seasons may end up happening. 2 nice freshmen but our class isn't ranked top 25 anywhere. I actually think the freshmen might be who would have benefitted the most from playing with Copeland.
The best player on the court for us, plenty of times

He will have plenty of offers to earn a starting spot like he wants. There’s some reasoning to why he didn’t start this year. Some basketball related and some “other” related. He wants the ball a lot and I think he was a great playmaker and on a team that plays a little looser, he’s going to be a great fit. I loved watching him play, but think both parties win here
Most raw talent on the team and not even close. I hope that he finds a great home and that he matures. He has NBA talent if he can pull it together. If not, he will be a high earner oversees as his game and personality will draw fans. Good luck Cope!!

Q is talented he just doesn't fit. He wants to start. He's too wild to be a PG. He can't shoot well enough to be SG. Freeman/Brown/Bell at forward. So there's no role other than spark off the bench and it's going to be hard to get the type of minutes he wants. Wish him all the best.
He will start at st Joe's next season. We will get their guard in a pro like trade lol.

I enjoyed watching him play. Most of the time.

When we read about declines in attendance at college basketball games and TV ratings continue to crater, this kind of thing is the root cause.

Q doesn’t need to go to a program that will let him do what he wants.

He needs to go to a school that will address his weaknesses and embrace his strengths.

I suspect he goes to the former, not the latter.

I wish Quadir good luck at his new school. Unless it is the worst possible school any Syracuse basketball player could ever transfer to. Which it probably will be.

Well, this sucks. Q was my favorite player to watch , at least in the last few years. And lets not forget he gave us pur best moment in years with his buzzer beater against Miami
That was his best moment against Miami and today his his second best moment:)

Any off-the-court stuff aside, he turns the ball over too much. I can't find the full statistics on TO Percentage in the ACC, but he's giving it away 1 out of every five possessions this year. I scanned quickly and the only two regular ballhandlers that were worse in recent history were Symir and Jalen Carey. I'm sure someone could cross-reference with usage percentage, but I bet they want someone in the 10-15% range

IMG_1486.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom