Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

IMG_1491.jpeg

I thought outside shooting was the area Chance needed to improve the most, that and the most important ability, availability.
At least we still have Kyle Cuffe hopefully he can build off his big game against UNC...

I’m not sure about getting the opportuniy at another P6 school. He is entertaining but he is not consistent. Can’t imagine him playing in a structurEd system.

Would you add him to a starting lineup that has never seen him in action? He may go to a team that previously recruited him but I can’t see him going to P6 school. Who knows though because I’m sure he was out looking before he went to portal.

He was originally recruited by OKLA ST, Miami, Penn State, Iona, Maryland, LaSalle, Oregon, DePaul and UConn.
Coaches are like women: they think they are the ones who can mold the player/man into the best version of himself.

Worked good for them... and then not so good for Tark's Fresno teams

I think Cincy had a bit of a mix and the lower "risk" players compared to Fresno.
Those Fresno teams had some apples.

I loved watching him play and the way he taunted the other side (especially NC teams Hee-hee) but you know he’s a wise guy and I'm pretty sure I will hate him if we ever face him.

There were posters early on saying this team is too passive and could use a little Devo. Cope eventually provided some of that.

I hate college basketball. Completely ruined. Everyone is a professional on a one year contract. No continuity. Every kid just leaves when the going gets tough. Recruiting not worth following cause relationships are irrelevant and it’s just about the bag. In a tough year for any program, development (which was only reason to keep watching) doesn’t matter cause no one stays. To @sutomcat’s point, I just care less and less everyday and if you can’t keep me engaged, who can you keep? I live in Toronto and didn’t travel to a game this year for the first time in 25 years. Thought about it a few times and just decided I didn’t feel like making the 3.5 hour drive in winter conditions. It’s really really sad. I can’t follow which teams are in which conferences, who any of the players are, etc…

I hate college basketball. Completely ruined. Everyone is a professional on a one year contract. No continuity. Every kid just leaves when the going gets tough. Recruiting not worth following cause relationships are irrelevant and it’s just about the bag. In a tough year for any program, development (which was only reason to keep watching) doesn’t matter cause no one stays. To @sutomcat’s point, I just care less and less everyday and if you can’t keep me engaged, who can you keep? I live in Toronto and didn’t travel to a game this year for the first time in 25 years. Thought about it a few times and just decided I didn’t feel like making the 3.5 hour drive in winter conditions. It’s really really sad. I can’t follow which teams are in which conferences, who any of the players are, etc…
I disagree on the relationships part. The coaching relationships are CRITICAL. The $$$ is important. But there is a reason Fran Brown does what he does.

I know what you are trying to say….but in terms of player….not in the same universe

I didn't think it would be that vague. In case anyone is confused I meant Devo's in-your-face court attitude.

His first game with another team will be appointment viewing for me. There is just always a possibility he's going to have a wow moment. Hope he finds a good landing spot personally and basketball wise.

I know Q had his warts but Autry better have a good plan at PG. I'm not sure how high we are on Leffew's list but he doesn't inspire me, like at all.

I'd like to give Red the benefit of the doubt but I have a feeling this one's gonna hurt.
What does this guy have to do with PG?

Marquette Would seem like an interesting fit but i dont know if he’ll end up that high.

Fresh poster here, 21' grad. I've been lurking on the board for a little and have enjoyed reading most of the takes here that I've seen. They are a lot better than the reactionary, attention-seeking posts you see on twitter, or whatever social media site.

Anyways, wanted to say that I wish Q the best in his next endeavor. Like JT, he thinks he can get more playing time elsewhere without having to put in the work here and earning it. Q had his moments throughout the season for sure. He showed good potential. However, he was very inconsistent and sometimes had some comedic errors that killed momentum. While it is disappointing we can't continue to develop him, this is a good opportunity for Red to continue a rebuild and find guys for the system he wants to run. I think Red had an adequate first year, but now we all should have higher expectations. He needs to make the dance next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom