Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

First year at Syracuse, at Watson Hall, a couple of guys in the floor across tha hall never went to class and had fun every single night. Come second semester, they were no longer there.
Yeah. I was stunned by the amount of people who disappeared from my dorm freshman year, by the start of second semester.

The first weekend of school, two kids were kicked out for some sort of offense regarding alcohol and drugs.

By early October we had a kid who was on the soccer team, leave school to transfer to Binghamton (can't blame him).

After winter break, the room next to mine was empty.

The room down the hall next to the RAs was raided by police in early February (those two were kicked out).

By end of year in May it seemed like thirty percent of the kids who started in August were already gone.

And of those that remained, a bunch had plans on matriculating at a different school in the fall or were academically ineligible to return.

Q has so much potential that i hope he gets it together on the personal and academic fronts. Seems like a good but very immature young man. Hopefully he lands on his feet and does well at his next stop.

I lived at Skytop in the mid-70s just after the new concrete condo section was built. At that time you could have had just about anybody staying at your apt/condo. I had a friend who had his girlfriend living with him for two years.

I had a St Bernard and even though dogs were prohibited I let him roam around without a leash for the three years I lived there. Never heard a word from the school.

They were pretty lax back then.
My theory is all you boomers grew up and decided to be micromanagers in all facets of life. ;)

Last edited:
Lack if fight? Many times this team found themselves in deep holes and fought their way back to either win or make it competitive. I don't think that's a fair characterization, at all
And many more times, they didn’t.

In all seriousness, on the same podcast you have Coach Autry asking for money for NIL. I mean we the fans are paying these players and if that’s the way it is going to be then I should at least be able to know the truth of why guys are leaving.
You’re not wrong, I haven’t thought about it this way but maybe I should. If we are asked to pay the bills, we should know the offenses.

I lived at Skytop in the mid-70s just after the new concrete condo section was built. At that time you could have had just about anybody staying at your apt/condo. I had a friend who had his girlfriend living with him for two years.

I had a St Bernard and even though dogs were prohibited I let him roam around without a leash for the three years I lived there. Never heard a word from the school.

They were pretty lax back then.
GIF by Olympics
If he had one of these around his necks bet he was popular with everyone.

Last edited:
We had a Canadian Hockey player on our floor in Oswego that when he moved in brought his girlfriend and dog. I don't think either of them took classes. He was gone by October 1st and never was seen again.
What years were you at OZ?

My theory is all you boomers grew up and decided to be micromanagers in all facets of life. ;)

No, that was our younger siblings in Generation X. They're the ones who ruined education.

Edit: Here's my evidence. Baby Boomers grew up in the late 60s and 1970s. The drinking age was 18, pot was abundant, sex didn't kill you, and life was very affordable.

Generation X came of age in the 80s and 90s - the era of Wall Street, cocaine, designer jeans, rampant consumerism, and junk bonds - the beginnings of companies destroying the economy for profit.

When George W. Bush passed the No Child Left Behind Law in 2002, that is when we started testing our teachers, and as a result, "teaching to the test". This was the beginning of the end of critical thinking and writing essays in school, and led eventually to standardized tests for every couple years of a child's education.

Then we began rating school districts and teachers by how their pupils performed on these tests. Housing prices went up in "good" school districts, and the whole playing field was tilted.

Also in this time frame, the cost of going to college exploded. When I graduated from Cornell, tuition was $7,000 for the year. Now, it's 10 times as much.

Last edited:
does copeland think he's gonna start at point , two or wing wherever he lands ?
or if he ain't into school chances he goes G team ?

Last edited:
Yeah. I was stunned by the amount of people who disappeared from my dorm freshman year, by the start of second semester.

The first weekend of school, two kids were kicked out for some sort of offense regarding alcohol and drugs.

By early October we had a kid who was on the soccer team, leave school to transfer to Binghamton (can't blame him).

After winter break, the room next to mine was empty.

The room down the hall next to the RAs was raided by police in early February (those two were kicked out).

By end of year in May it seemed like thirty percent of the kids who started in August were already gone.

And of those that remained, a bunch had plans on matriculating at a different school in the fall or were academically ineligible to return.
I caught mono and was lucky I got to push classes to second semester.
Someone was dumb enough to get caught making fake ID's.

No, that was our younger siblings in Generation X. They're the ones who ruined education.

Edit: Here's my evidence. Baby Boomers grew up in the late 60s and 1970s. The drinking age was 18, pot was abundant, sex didn't kill you, and life was very affordable.

Generation X came of age in the 80s and 90s - the era of Wall Street, cocaine, designer jeans, rampant consumerism, and junk bonds - the beginnings of companies destroying the economy for profit.

Revisionist history...

Boomers were the Gordon Geckos.

Hell, Michael Milken was the poster child junk bonder... born in 1946... year 1 of boomers.

When he was trading junk bonds in 1986, my gen X arse was in 9th grade.

does copeland think he's gonna start at point , two or wing wherever he lands ?
or if he ain't into school chances he goes G team ?
I watched Seton Hall last night, Kadary Richmond was terrific. Quadir would be smart/fortunate to find a place where he could play a similar role.

Last edited:
How about sticking to thread subject? You can go to the off topic thread to argue if mommy, daddy, grandma , grandpa, society, the bogeyman whatever are to blame for one’s shortcomings or life issues. :p:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom