Red's Postgame Presser | Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Red's Postgame Presser | Pitt

Autry on what led to the victory: “I thought that we had really good poise today.”

Autry on Judah Mintz: “I thought that this was Judah’s best floor game of the season.”

On the UNC blowout: “You have to be able to watch that stuff, you can’t just watch when you do good…I thought today we communicated a lot better.”

On the growth of the team: “We’ve been up and down…I just think that the team is coming together much better as we go through the season.”

Autry speaking about what led to today’s win against the Panthers: “I thought we drove the lane really well and then kicked the ball out nicely. When we had shots we were in position.”

On how SU held Bub Carrington to 0 points in the win: “Players like that are always going to get shots. I think tonight we forced him to take a lot of bad shots and tough shots.”

“Best floor game of the season”

Can’t agree there.
It's probably his second-best, far behind LSU. He had three turnovers in 39 minutes, well below his average of 3.8 per 40. He nearly doubled his game-by-game rebounding output for the year. Third most assists in a game this year. It's not his best shooting game but it is one of his best floor games.

“Best floor game of the season”

Can’t agree there.
I don’t think he means it how you think. I think its praise for looking to pass and getting others involve. 2 instances were a dish to Cope that he didn’t pick up and a tough one to brown. My guess is red likes the thought, execution will come.

It's probably his second-best, far behind LSU. He had three turnovers in 39 minutes, well below his average of 3.8 per 40. He nearly doubled his game-by-game rebounding output for the year. Third most assists in a game this year. It's not his best shooting game but one of his best floor games.
The key part of Red’s statement was “floor game”,

Read all the posts and still scratching my head! Yes he did get 9 rebounds but he nearly gave the game away at the end with his constant attempts to go 1 on 5, turn the ball over and end up fouling a Pitt player on the other end for a 1 plus 1! I really like Judah but he has to involve other players on the floor. On a couple of passes he made that were turnovers, I think the Syracuse players were as surprised as Pitt players that he even attempted passes! Red needs to get him to play in control.

Read all the posts and still scratching my head! Yes he did get 9 rebounds but he nearly gave the game away at the end with his constant attempts to go 1 on 5, turn the ball over and end up fouling a Pitt player on the other end for a 1 plus 1! I really like Judah but he has to involve other players on the floor. On a couple of passes he made that were turnovers, I think the Syracuse players were as surprised as Pitt players that he even attempted passes! Red needs to get him to play in control.
How many times did Judah get to the line? And we were nowhere near to “giving the game away”

Autry on what led to the victory: “I thought that we had really good poise today.”

Autry on Judah Mintz: “I thought that this was Judah’s best floor game of the season.”

On the UNC blowout: “You have to be able to watch that stuff, you can’t just watch when you do good…I thought today we communicated a lot better.”

On the growth of the team: “We’ve been up and down…I just think that the team is coming together much better as we go through the season.”

Autry speaking about what led to today’s win against the Panthers: “I thought we drove the lane really well and then kicked the ball out nicely. When we had shots we were in position.”

On how SU held Bub Carrington to 0 points in the win: “Players like that are always going to get shots. I think tonight we forced him to take a lot of bad shots and tough shots.”
They have really shut down some big time scorers already this season. And they're mostly big men. Testament to forward toughness. I love the defensive pride they're showing

He turned the ball over three times, Per 40 that’s one of his lowest turnover rates this year.

Yeah I know people were freaking out in the game thread but we had that thing well in hand.

I still have PTSD from that Pitt game years ago where (as I remember it) we were up 11 with like a minute left and lost it at home (again in my memory it being Paul Harris as a major culprit).

Red may frustrate us with his positivity sometimes that may say things like “Judahs best floor game” but that’s who he is. He’s not a put down person. He never will be. He will
Be honest when he needs to be but this was a big win and no reason to say anything unneccesary to the public

I still have PTSD from that Pitt game years ago where (as I remember it) we were up 11 with like a minute left and lost it at home (again in my memory it being Paul Harris as a major culprit).
Well, the important thing is that you have put it behind you and aren't letting it haunt you anymore.

How many times did Judah get to the line? And we were nowhere near to “giving the game away”
Only because others made a bunch of plays both on offense and defense. Judah was nowhere near good nor in control at the end.

Red may frustrate us with his positivity sometimes that may say things like “Judahs best floor game” but that’s who he is. He’s not a put down person. He never will be. He will
Be honest when he needs to be but this was a big win and no reason to say anything unneccesary to the public
Refreshing change. Praise publicly, criticize privately

If having the opposition never get closer than eight points in the second half of a league road game is nearly giving the game away, I'll sign up for it every time.

Maybe not "nearly" given away, but I had visions of a nail-biter finish when Cope and Judah kept making boneheaded plays on both ends, down the stretch.

Quick story about that game. I was meeting my soon-to-be father and mother-in-law that weekend. FIL is a huge Pitt fan. Hey Clockwork, watching the game with my dad would be great bonding!

I was on my best behavior. I didn't even talk trash when we got up by 11 with a little over a minute to go. Then Paul Harris happened. The game ends, and her father is holding back going nuts (he's a great guy). I'm doing everything I can not to fracture my hand on the wall.

I silently get up, walk up to my fiancee's childhood bedroom, put my head into a pillow, and scream obscenities and expletives that would make the toughest Marine drill sergeant question his humanity.

I walked back downstairs, and we never discussed the game again that weekend. I thought I had done an amazing job of holding it all in for the soon-to-be in-laws. As I found out later in our marriage, my FIL feared for his life and his property during the last minute of that game.

"Your face was so red Clockwork, I thought you were going to have a heart attack. When the game ended, I wasn't sure if you would punch me or the wall." So, apparently, I didn't hold it all together like I thought.

The good news, though, is that we're still married, and my wife (who went to SU with me) is a diehard 'Cuse fan. So, it all worked out in the end.

Maybe not "nearly" given away, but I had visions of a nail-biter finish when Cope and Judah kept making boneheaded plays on both ends, down the stretch.
It will probably never be perfect with this group, but that was a pretty dominating effort, especially considering it was mostly accomplished without much of Brown in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom