Requiem for the Big East | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Requiem for the Big East

Mike Tranghese comes off like a major pick, weasel, and worm. Nothing is his fault, and he totally didn't ruin everything.

“Thank god Dave Gavitt died days before Syracuse left”

F**k you you little s***t eating worm.

ESPN/CBS ruined everything when they paid conferences to expand to 12 and hold a CG.

HakAttack said:
You are one of the most respected posters on this board but you're way out of line with this.

Care to explain why?

RF2044 said:
Or alternatively, the basketball onlies in our league ruined everything by not having the foresight to vote Penn State into the Big East Conference.

Yep

That original vote by the 3 basketball schools against Penn St killed the Big East, Paterno wasn't an icon then, and could have been controlled in a conference as he was in the Big 10.

You are one of the most respected posters on this board but you're way out of line with this.

No he's not. GTown players were thugs of the first degree. Had they tried to pull that stuff in todays world, some of those GTown players would've been arrested.

Care to explain why?

You can hate Ewing for his competitiveness on the court but to say that he was a thug that never deserved to go to college you're straddling the line and end up sounding closer to the people who held those signs and spewed the venom at him in the first place.

You're better than that.

Haha! A 2-hour eulogy for the Big East! I wish we could see the Fox Sports people jumping up and down and screaming that the league is still alive and well! The Big East made ESPN but now that they're not with the network anymore, it looks like ESPN is trying to bury them. They're good at sticking the knife in.

Or alternatively, the basketball onlies in our league ruined everything by not having the foresight to vote Penn State into the Big East Conference.

One more vote and it would have changed everything.

They never said who the three schools were who voted against Penn St.

Big John had no shame in going after HIS money, but he's butthurt about schools getting football money.

Still a clown.

Reactions: MGP
One more vote and it would have changed everything.

They never said who the three schools were who voted against Penn St.

It's amazing to think how the landscape of college athletics might be different if they'd gotten that vote.

You can hate Ewing for his competitiveness on the court but to say that he was a thug that never deserved to go to college you're straddling the line and end up sounding closer to the people who held those signs and spewed the venom at him in the first place.

You're better than that.

Spoken like someone who has only seen clips of the 80's Hoyas and did not get to see their act in person. Calling them thugs is not secret code for the n-word. They were the very definition of the word thug. 30 years later and I still hate every last one of those Hoya s.

It's been a long time when something touched me as much as this program. I laughed, got mad, was blown away by some of the interviews and cried just being reminded how great the Big East was early in it's existence.
Awesome, sad and great memories all at once.

Spoken like someone who has only seen clips of the 80's Hoyas and did not get to see their act in person. Calling them thugs is not secret code for the n-word. They were the very definition of the word thug. 30 years later and I still hate every last one of those Hoya s.

Not saying that was what bees meant here, but yes, often times it is. You're wrong.

Damn. That made me very sad. I wasn't around in the 80s. And I am not from Syracuse. But I am from NYC/Northern NJ and have gone to the BET at MSG every year the past 10 until this one, obviously. I had so many great memories just at that one tournament every year growing up. The 6 OT game, GMacs run, last years BET run as well. Hurts me to see it gone.

Where was Crouthamel? Hard to believe that the filmmakers didn't reach out to him. No one knows the backroom dealings better than him. Why would he not participate in this? Too painful?

HakAttack said:
You can hate Ewing for his competitiveness on the court but to say that he was a thug that never deserved to go to college you're straddling the line and end up sounding closer to the people who held those signs and spewed the venom at him in the first place. You're better than that.

How many times have you seen a college player choke another player? I'm 58 and seen it twice. Both times Ewing. Won't bother listing all the other acts of thuggery by that crew. As to academics, it's amazing some kids at the time were ineligible to compete due to academics, but a kid that couldn't read wasn't. We ca discuss Graham too if you'd like. I have zero respect for Thompson's fraudulent treatment of academics and the thugs he brought in only to then play the race card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom