Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
:noidea:

In my very limited opinion always thought if there was gonna be a surprise tomorrow it would be Duke.

[QUOTE="Alsacs, post: 2232624, member: 65] JB should be texting/contacting Carey as often he can.

Doesn't Julie have enough on her plate?[/QUOTE]
LOL good one. Honestly though Carey is more of a must have IMO than Swider.

OMFG just becaus you disagree with someone doesn't require these pointless posts. If you don't agree with me fine. Get over yourself if you think people can't have opinions you deem negative. Jeez, I don't give a flip if no one agrees with me. My opinions are always within reason and I say I get plenty wrong. I won't shut up because you can't stand them.
Dude, I wasn't going after you personally. I'm just pointing out that you have no idea what factors are going into Swider's decision and what weights he is putting on each factor. Nobody does. Insisting that offering him a few months sooner would have swung the recruitment is unprovable and unknowable. But that isn't stopping you from using it as a club to hit Boeheim with.

Dude, I wasn't going after you personally. I'm just pointing out that you have no idea what factors are going into Swider's decision and what weights he is putting on each factor. Nobody does. Insisting that offering him a few months sooner would have swung the recruitment is unprovable and unknowable. But that isn't stopping you from using it as a club to hit Boeheim with.
You realize they were factors into why Hopkins left that have been pretty much buried right?
JB lost his top assistant and successor. Hopkins was doing a lot of the heavy lifting in recruiting, in practices, in running day to day stuff.

JB is 72 years old. He can't coast. He needs to be all-in. He hasn't been all-in the last few years. With USA Basketball and other commitments. This year's recruiting class is on him. It's not on GMac, Autry, Griffin. Jim Boeheim is the man. We need to produce. He is the man. I hope we are all wrong and Swider pulls a reverse Quade Green.

Recruiting is on JB.

X offers a wing on the day before the Swider deicision?

Duke offered a wing right after Tucker visited them. Wait, did they offer Swider then? I forget who it was. That'd be pretty funny if that's who it was.

I think that Swider may have kept things very quiet and a majority of the talk is speculation. It would fit with the rest of his recruitment.

I think I'll chill on this one till 3:30 tomorrow. We can still have another epic throwdown about the state of recruiting after that if he chooses a different college.

Last edited:
I think that Swider may have kept things very quite and a majority of the talk is speculation. It would fit with the rest of his recruitment.

I think I'll chill on this one till 3:30 tomorrow. We can still have another epic throwdown about the state of recruiting after that if he chooses a different college.

It's more fun to not chill and totally spazz out but whatever. It's your prerogative, Bobby.

I think that Swider may have kept things very quite and a majority of the talk is speculation. It would fit with the rest of his recruitment.

Interesting article by Waters just came out. Talking about Swider and how Syracuse needs a recruiting win badly. Doubt there is any hidden message behind his article but hits home about how important a recruit a regional top 50 player like Cole is to us at this juncture.

I still think we are sitting good here...im going with he had a awesome visit and got along with our players better then the snobby dook kids and who knows who he hung out with during the X visit. He can see himself being like lydon and we are the platform to get him to the league! All speculation of course but that's all that any of this is right now. I don't think anyone knows much of anything because this kid has kept things tight lipped. Gmac is getting his signature win guys cmon...like I said before eventually the ball has to bounce our way! (Or not...?) :bat:

I agree. Wait until tomorrow about 3:30 PM and then be happy or be sad. Whatever Syracuse could have done to recruit Cole is complete and the results tomorrow will show if it was/is good enough or not. Until then look towards the anticipation.

Always felt that the information shared here was based on insight. Too much of the information in the last several pages appear to be based on speculation.

You realize they were factors into why Hopkins left that have been pretty much buried right?
JB lost his top assistant and successor. Hopkins was doing a lot of the heavy lifting in recruiting, in practices, in running day to day stuff.

JB is 72 years old. He can't coast. He needs to be all-in. He hasn't been all-in the last few years. With USA Basketball and other commitments. This year's recruiting class is on him. It's not on GMac, Autry, Griffin. Jim Boeheim is the man. We need to produce. He is the man. I hope we are all wrong and Swider pulls a reverse Quade Green.

Recruiting is on JB.
yes, it is. And I'm sure when you make your final assessment, you won't forget that the 2017 class turned out to be a pretty good year - and 4 of the 6 recruits came on board after Hop left.

I agree. Wait until tomorrow about 3:30 PM and then be happy or be sad. Whatever Syracuse could have done to recruit Cole is complete and the results tomorrow will show if it was/is good enough or not. Until then look towards the anticipation.

Always felt that the information shared here was based on insight. Too much of the information in the last several pages appear to be based on speculation.

I think this is spot on! Either way I really like how cole has handled his recruitment. Really hope it ends with him wearing Orange but I'll root for the kid regardless. Wish more kids/parents handled their recruitment like he has.

This entire recruitment is very speculate. cole has kept everything in close which is incredibly responsible and respectable at this time in age. As many have said this kid and his recruitment shows exactly the type of kid he is.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or even if it means anything, but

Swider did not take an official to Nova.
Swider's visits to Duke and Xavier were two days. His visit to Syracuse was THREE days.

Is this or could this be indicative of greater interest? Or is this just wishful thinking?

C'mon Cole! Join the 'Cuse!!!

This happened with Tucker though to right after he visited he committed. He must of saw something he liked at Xavier on his visit and was sold. I wish him well but the bigger part of this is we are losing recruits that are considered priority. To me we are reverting back to the TRob era of recruiting.
IIRC, Boeheim called that class his best ever (at that time). Didn't turn out that way, but on paper that was a stud class.

Nichols and TRob - on paper- was the perfect set of bookend forwards. Mr. Outside and Mr. Inside. I think Swider and Bazley would be another perfect set of bookends; hopefully the results are better than they ended up with that older set.

I think that Swider may have kept things very quiet and a majority of the talk is speculation. It would fit with the rest of his recruitment.

I agree. This whole thread has become saturated with negative crybabies, and people forget we are still one of 4 teams still in consideration. Feel free to whine and moan if he doesn't pick us, but hold off until he makes his decision.

It's purely speculation. This has been a very respectable recruitment. That being said, our speculation that he's going to Xavier is based on a lot...uh..solid...speculation around the Internet.

I agree. This whole thread has become saturated with negative crybabies, and people forget we are still one of 4 teams still in consideration. Feel free to whine and moan if he doesn't pick us, but hold off until he makes his decision.
I get that we need a recruiting win. I get that. I also get that we had a few recruiting wins the last couple months. Not sure everyone gets that. I think people just latch onto a name and think that he is a make or break person. I think we could have at least four NBA players on our roster right now and none of them are going to lead us to the NC by themselves. Swider would be a nice player for us, and I hope we get him, but he is not going to going lead us to the NC all by himself. If Swider is that good, Duke would be putting on the full court press right now. It doesn't sound like they are. Hope we get him, as he is a nice puzzle piece, but we will see. If not, we move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors