Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this dude talking about?

*This* "dude" was referring to someone saying that SU is "reverting back to the days of TRob recruiting," meaning we are taking a step back. I pointed out that Terrence Roberts was, in fact, a top 50 recruit from a legendary program. If we go back to getting guys ranked like that, sign me up. TRob didn't meet expectations but as a recruit, he was a great get on paper.

*This* "dude" was referring to someone saying that SU is "reverting back to the days of TRob recruiting," meaning we are taking a step back. I pointed out that Terrence Roberts was, in fact, a top 50 recruit from a legendary program. If we go back to getting guys ranked like that, sign me up. TRob didn't meet expectations but as a recruit, he was a great get on paper.
I'm going to start calling you "That Dude".

Could be wrong but I read the post as him asking you "what is this dude (the other poster) talking about?"

That dude is me. I've been on the board for a while now. I was just simply pointing out that tbose were out less productive years in my opinion. It kind of feels like we are getting recruits like that again but I could be wrong. There are all sorts of opinions about what will happen. Let's hope gmac can get this guy, but Coach B needs to do a better job of sealing the deal as well.

I mean that he is a kid that is going to go to a place that he feels is right for him. I felt good about us vs Duke for that reason. I was worried about Nova. And now with Xavier. They have been on him the longest.

Xavier is a Jesuit school and Villanova is a Catholic institution as well. Likely a considerable factor in his apparent choice of Xavier. Not surprising, especially with some of the comments made about this kid's high character...obviously from a very solid family and upbringing.

Yep I will be really disappointed if we don't get him but can't help but be impressed with how he's handled the process.

I agree its been handled very professionally from his end which was nice. I'm still not 100% sold its Xavier. A lot of that stuff in the thread on their board was during the visit and simply carried on. I'm sure both schools are going to respect the kids right to announce tomorrow with out spilling the beans whether they got the good news or the bad news from him.

Last edited:
I agree its handled it very professionally from his end which was nice. I'm still not 100% sold its Xavier. A lot of that stuff in the thread on their board was during the visit and simply carried on. I'm sure both schools are going to respect the kids right to announce tomorrow with out spilling the beans whether they got the good news or the bad news from him.

Yes I haven't given up. The VCU board was convinced they were getting AW last summer.

Gmac and JB might get a pass against UK and Duke but not Xavier.
If he turns down SU and Duke for Xavier, then there isn't much anyone could have done. In that scenario, PT will have meant the most to the kid. If prestige, and titles meant everything, then this would have been over after the Duke visit.

Silver lining this probably takes them out of the Bazley race ( or I just like to think thats the case)

If he turns down SU and Duke for Xavier, then there isn't much anyone could have done. In that scenario, PT will have meant the most to the kid. If prestige, and titles meant everything, then this would have been over after the Duke visit.
It will mean that our staff needs to get on these kids earlier. If he picks Xavier it's because he trusts that staff which has been on him longer.

Syracuse came in later to the game. We should not be losing priority recruits to Xavier. GMac needs a recruiting win.

I respect how the kid has handled the process. He was at Elite Camp last summer and we did not offer. He has made his visits, stayed very quiet, and acted like a grown up. He blew up and we offered as he was improving, not early, not late. This is the opposite approach we took with Q Green. Offered early, others waited, he blew up and UK was rewarded. I feel like the staff is working hard, trying to mix it up, using all types of approaches, and we are involved with quality kids to the very end. We will catch a break. Maybe not tomorrow, but it's coming.

For those that see Cole as coming from a close, tight knit, disciplined family that's created a high character kid...consider this...we are the closest school to his family geographically, and substantially so. That worked great for the Cooney family in terms of how many games they watched.

I have no clue where he's going, and hope it's Cuse as much as everyone else. I think we got this one right...did our homework, invited him to Elite Camp, went hard after him last 3-4 months, and were one of his 3 visits. If the kid prefers a different school, good luck to him. This isn't a dropped ball by the staff in any way in my opinion, especially with the transition the staff has gone through in the last 3 months.

Yes I haven't given up. The VCU board was convinced they were getting AW last summer.

That's true but it's not just their board. It is what people on this board from RI are hearing too. It is also supreme confidence of people all over social media as well. No one is saying Duke. No one is saying Syracuse. They are saying Xavier.

That's true but it's not just their board. It is what people on this board from RI are hearing too. It is also supreme confidence of people all over social media as well. No one is saying Duke. No one is saying Syracuse. They are saying Xavier.

So basically we're to the Lloyd "so you're saying there's a chance?" Dumb and Dumber territory?

As others have said, I really hope this is a case of the buzz just going toward the last team to get a visit. That's about the only thing I'm clinging to.

So basically we're to the Lloyd "so you're saying there's a chance?" Dumb and Dumber territory?

I really don't know, ha. Just what is out there. What is out there could be bs but it's all that's out there.

This won't be like QG, where his coach will say something telling. His family will handle it like class. We will find out tomorrow and if it's Xavier, at least he won't haunt us in the ACC.

The Rise of Cole Swider, The 6'8" 4-Star Forward Friars Michigan Duke Cuse Creighton Xavier Nova IU

This interview indicates he attended games at Xavier and Creighton! It's very disappointing that SU coaches never got him on campus for a game this past season when it's within driving distance. That's the kind of thing that can make a huge difference in landing a kid. Though he did attend the Elite camp last August. I read one story that said we offered at the elite camp and another story that said we didn't offer til February. What is it?

How did GMac or Hop not see envision that this kid would blow up and make sure he got on campus for a game this season? (obviously JB's disengagement from recruiting hurt, as has been stated many times.) Our evaluations haven't been good.

Hopefully he was blown away on his visit here last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom