Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk how to feel here...we need better athletes and quickness. We are building s roster that screams slow. I like Swider and maybe he will be ok in our system but I think we need a little more punch then he can provide. I'll take a wait and see approach before I get disappointed but I just feel like we need to go after some other types. Id take Jr over Swider.
Honestly, we aren't looking to bring in a go-to guy. That's what Buddy, Benny, and hopefully Jessie or Joe will provide. The guys we're bringing in will be supporting pieces, and when that's all you're looking for, you just need them to provide at least one calling card to be a useable piece.

For Swider, we can have faith in him as a spot up shooter at the 4. It would be nice to bring in some athleticism but spacing the floor is at least just as important if not moreso IMO, especially when it comes to the PF position.

From what I've seen, there's nothing about his 40% from three that gives you confidence he'll hit the next one. Just saying.

Honestly, we aren't looking to bring in a go-to guy. That's what Buddy, Benny, and hopefully Jessie or Joe will provide. The guys we're bringing in will be supporting pieces, and when that's all you're looking for, you just need them to provide at least one calling card to be a useable piece.

For Swider, we can have faith in him as a spot up shooter at the 4. It would be nice to bring in some athleticism but spacing the floor is at least just as important if not moreso IMO, especially when it comes to the PF position.
I'm coming around...still think we need some more athleticism/speed but we will definitely have guys that can shoot the rock. Hope Benny is ready to rock and roll the day he steps foot on campus. Quincy coming back would help a lot as well but I'm not sure thats happening.

Losing Kadary blows. But if we get Symir/Swider that’s a decent response. I feel ok about the core we would have. JG really is the big question Mark

Yep - Joe playing with two other backcourt mates I would just hope helps him as well as him being healthy. No idea if Joe can make a jump to being a better player overall. It's going to be the key though.

As long as he hits 1 of the next 4 though we good.
To be clear, I have nothing against the guy, and I don't want to bring down his recruitment thread. I just seem him as a Boeheim doghouse guy.

I just thought of this comparison. Some younger fans may not know the the name but older fans will. Swider reminds me of Glenn Sekunda! I pretty sure he was a top 100 recruit. There shot is exactly the same, body types and athletic ability the same. I personally think this would be a great addition, but not as a starter but a 20 min guy to hopefull spell Quincy (big if) and Benny. Would absolutely love Woody to stay ( I know unlikely) but I would roll with a front line of Benny, Quincy, Jesse, Cole, Woody, and Frank. Maybe it’s. A dream, but have that frontline and add Joe, Buddy, Symir, and hopefully a 4th guard. I believe Powell is a pipe dream, but if we could get him, sign me up all day! I will roll with that!

To be clear, I have nothing against the guy, and I don't want to bring down his recruitment thread. I just seem him as a Boeheim doghouse guy.

I don't know. He never seemed lazy to me and wasn't taking bad shots that I saw. If he plays hard and defends plus he is a legit shooter I don't see him as someone who gets AG treatment

I'm coming around...still think we need some more athleticism/speed but we will definitely have guys that can shoot the rock. Hope Benny is ready to rock and roll the day he steps foot on campus. Quincy coming back would help a lot as well but I'm not sure thats happening.
I'd love to bring in an athlete for that back line too, but I would say that with Joe and Buddy's relative loose handles and the amount we'll be depending on them for shot creation, we need all the space we can provide for them.

Yesterday was a very very bad day. I'm okay with adding Symir but he's obviously a major step back from Kadary. Swider would be a pretty exciting addition in my eyes though. Not like an Allen Griffin/Andrew White level addition, but more an exciting dart throw.

I'd love to bring in an athlete for that back line too, but I would say that with Joe and Buddy's relative loose handles and the amount we'll be depending on them for shot creation, we need all the space we can provide for them.

Yesterday was a very very bad day. I'm okay with adding Symir but he's obviously a major step back from Kadary. Swider would be a pretty exciting addition in my eyes though. Not like an Allen Griffin/Andrew White level addition, but more an exciting dart throw.

This is why I think having Frank and or Woody stay whether unexpected or not changes a lot.

This is why I think having Frank and or Woody stay whether unexpected or not changes a lot.
Yeah, I wasn't all that high on either of them as a recruit, but Woody was legitimately impressive last season and no doubt both of them are the kind of athletes you'd love to have to complement the rest of the team.

That’s not true at all. He’s athletic, not as much as Q but he is. And hes capable of putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket . He’s not a stiff , spot up shooter.
I didn’t say he was a stiff, but he spots up a lot more than he puts it on the floor.

Last response then ill keep this on Cole. You didn't watch Syracuse basketball if you just said that Quincy finishes with both hands. Jimmy isn't a center so I'm not sure why you keep on with the center comparisons. Footwork is huge playing down low even for our wings and Jimmy has better footwork then anyone on the team...u should watch some tape. Q is way more athletic and can get up more and is our best rebounder so there's that. The finishing part with both hands tho is a real head scratcher.
Two hand finisher: his or the defender’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom