Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, biggest upset in history. You dont get upsets like that unless you are a big time program.

Hey it happens.
You lost first round or nothing:
1999 #9 Ok State
2002 Nothing
2005 #13 Vermont
2006 #12 Texas A & M

First of all a 9 seed beating an 8 seed is not an upset, those are usually flip of a coin games. 2006 wasn't really an upset, because a&m was terrible misseeded, and we weren't really a 5 seed, the committee did a bad job there.

White starts... I'm as sure of that as I am any of JB's choices... which is to say, only sorta. But I don't think we'd get him if he wasn't going to start.
Nah.
He's one dimensional. Need an extra ballhandler with Battle.
I am sure JB also told Battle and Gillon they will start. Doubt he promised White

Yes, biggest upset in history. You dont get upsets like that unless you are a big time program.

Hey it happens.
You lost first round or nothing:
1999 #9 Ok State
2002 Nothing
2005 #13 Vermont
2006 #12 Texas A & M
I think we are 5 and 1 against you. Would have been 6-1 but the team we put up 90 pts against, beat you the round before.

First of all a 9 seed beating an 8 seed is not an upset, those are usually flip of a coin games. 2006 wasn't really an upset, because a&m was terrible misseeded, and we weren't really a 5 seed, the committee did a bad job there.

That and Gmac should have been in traction, not playing in an NCAA tournament game.

Nah.
I am sure JB also told Battle and Gillon they will start. Doubt he promised White
Why would White come here if he's not going to start? That would be a pretty dumb career decision on his part.

He may be one-dimensional - but he's damn good at that one dimension. Which is especially valuable on a team where that dimension is quite limited.

Why would White come here if he's not going to start? That would be a pretty dumb career decision on his part.

He may be one-dimensional - but he's damn good at that one dimension. Which is especially valuable on a team where that dimension is quite limited.
Here or MSU. Same choice.
Why would Gillon come here if not to start.

Boeheim PWNS Izzo. :cool:
Hmm. I just count the NCAA tourney. The OOC games , at least from Izzo's perspective is to get ready for the tourney.
Last year , we couldnt play perimeter defense , lacking the right personnel.
Hope this explanation is elucidating.

No need to be negative , guys. I was seriously wondering why White had not committed since it seems a fait accompli.

Here or MSU. Same choice.
Why would Gillon come here if not to start.
I don't buy that for a second. If that were truly the case then White would choose to go to VCU, Miami, etc.

I think Gillon will start. Why wouldn't he unless Howard blew up during the offseason? Still, I think there is less "pressure" to start Gillon than there is to start White. Gillon doesn't seem to have the same NBA aspirations and is coming from more of a mid-major program/conference.

Nah.
Just logically, no way is he coming here if he wasn't going to start and get minutes. The guy was honorable mention All-B1G last year on a bad team. I think you underestimate how good he is.
My shot at this
Pg - Starter Gillon 20 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 5 min
Sg - Starter White 15 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 10 min
Sf - Starter Lydon 20 min, White 15 min, Moyer 5 min
Pf - Starter Roberson 25 min, Lydon 10 min, TT 5 min
C - Starter DC2 15 min, PC 25 min

Last edited:
Just logically, no way is he coming here if he wasn't going to start and get minutes. The guy was honorable mention All-B1G last year on a bad team. I think you underestimate how good he is.
My shot at this
Pg - Starter Gillon 20 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 5 min
Pf - Starter Howard 25 min, Lydon 10 min, TT 5 min

My man Howard bulking up this summer and playing the entire game. Love it.

My shot at this
Pg - Starter Gillon, 20 min, Battle 15 min, Howard 5 min
Pf - Starter Howard 25 min, Lydon 10 min, TT 5 min

Wow Howard starts at the 4 :) I know you must have meant Roberson.

Personally I feel that Battle, Gillon, White, Lydon all start. We shall see but Battle is getting rave reviews and I just don't see him coming off the bench as he is our best option at the 2.

Personally I feel that Battle, Gillon, White, Lydon all start. We shall see but Battle is getting rave reviews and I just don't see him coming off the bench as he is our best option at the 2.
Lol fixed... not awake yet

Well Battle not starting can just be a matter of semantics. I have him playing as many minutes as anyone... but seniors get cerimonial start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom