So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in

Some portal kids are going to be left scrambling for a school to go to, surely we can scoop up some talented players late in the game.
Doubt it. I think JB is counting on a big 2022 class.

Seriously enough. Enough of this crap just as much as the stuff with Joe. Suck it up and get over it.
I find it obnoxious that people here are downing Symir because he accepted the role he had on Marquette. That's a difficult spot to be in. I choose to support guys on the team until the coaches give up on them, and more so for new recruits.

You mean the Symir Torrence who had the maturity to accept his role as largely a spot player and wait his turn for a major role while developing himself at Marquette, instead of acting out like a petulant child?
The maturity to accept that the guy playing ahead of him was actually a lot better than him? Yeah, that’s what you’re supposed to do.

It’s a lot tougher when the guy playing ahead of you can’t lace your Nike’s.

I find it obnoxious that people here are downing Symir because he accepted the role he had on Marquette. That's a difficult spot to be in. I choose to support guys on the team until the coaches give up on them, and more so for new recruits.

And its obnoxious to toss crap towards guys who have left at this point too.

The maturity to accept that the guy playing ahead of him was actually a lot better than him? Yeah, that’s what you’re supposed to do.

As has been said forever he played plenty and there were other issues. Let’s see how he does at the noted power Called seton hall.

Joes a very good player and will show it this year. Kadary averaged 6 a game and no one else of consequence was going to cater to his demands except seton.

Your can’t lace his nikes comment is weak. Get over your loss and move on

No offense but this is what I mean when maybe it would have been best if Joe just left. It would given many what they want. Honestly given the twitter stuff and what is posted on here I am surprised he stayed.

I have a feeling that there may not have been the revolutionary improvement as a team some think there would have been. I'm just not convinced after everything that has happened with departures, what has been said and looking back from more than a game by game lens that things would be as rosy as even I had thought a couple months ago with this being Kadary and then everyone else following suit.

Last edited:

This is the stuff you take too seriously.

Cant go with only 3 guards. Very thin with injuries and foul trouble. Maybe they cross train Williams to play the top and bring the ball up like Marek did. Maybe Owens is a player and the answer. Would like to see us bring in another ball handler/ defender even if a small quick PG type.

No offense but this is what I mean when maybe it would have been best if Joe just left. It would given many what they want. Honestly given the twitter stuff and what is posted on here I am surprised he stayed.

I have a feeling that there may not have been there revolutionary improvement as a team some think there would have been. I'm just not convinced after everything that has happened with departures, what has been said and looking back from more than a game by game lens that things would be as rosy as even I had thought a couple months ago with this being Kadary and then everyone else following suit.
I think Joe is a fine player and am glad we have him. I put zero blame on him for anything. Think he’ll progress and have his best year yet as a Junior.

It’s frustrating feeling like we could’ve had a special backcourt with all bases covered though.

As has been said forever he played plenty and there were other issues. Let’s see how he does at the noted power Called seton hall.

Joes a very good player and will show it this year. Kadary averaged 6 a game and no one else of consequence was going to cater to his demands except seton.

Your can’t lace his nikes comment is weak. Get over your loss and move on
Didn’t play enough. Team was better with him in the game.

Your weak “6 ppg” comment might work on some people, but not on me. Based on that comment, I’d suggest you learn more about the game.

“move on”...I’ll discuss whatever aspects of the team and program that I feel like discussing. Don’t worry about it.

I think Joe is a fine player and am glad we have him. I put zero blame on him for anything. Think he’ll progress and have his best year yet as a Junior.

It’s frustrating feeling like we could’ve had a special backcourt with all bases covered though.

The only way this heals is that next year ends up a season that results in forgetting what could have been. I really hope it works out that way and I think there is at least a few reasons it could and trying to take stock in that. Next year will be wild given how so many teams will look incredibly different with the combined draft losses and transfers.

Doubt it. I think JB is counting on a big 2022 class.
i think this is the reason not to fill every available scholly...

leave room for a monster class of 22...seems the plan...which I like.

if you grab players with 2, 3, 4 years left...it possibly creates a logjam to pull in big time recruits.

In that case, though, target, grad transfers who just want to win to fill up the extra slots...they will be gone next year anyway so no blockage for 22 recruits.

People can be optimistic but I chose to use my eyes and think we aren’t going to be much better than we were last year unless Benny is special.

Our guards are going to be hot and cold.
Unless Torrence is a lot better we are going to have major point guard issues.
If JB is going to throw shade like he did last year that won’t help the situation and he won’t be able to contain himself.
I just want the friggin drama to lessen with this program.

If it’s going to be a my way program then people aren’t going to shut up unless the results are there.
Postseasons are great.
Being irrelevant and medicore nationally during the regular season sucks.

JB teams won’t suck. That is what we know. But we haven’t had a complete team since 2014.

Every season since then we have had something missing.
Our PG position is a major source of worry if we want to be a really good team.
Of course we can win games in March but to actually win a NC or be a NC contender going into the tournament would be nice.
Syracuse as a double digit seed overachiever is great but it’s not how you win a NC.

I would like to actually be ranked after NYD.

People can be optimistic but I chose to use my eyes and think we aren’t going to be much better than we were last year unless Benny is special.

Our guards are going to be hot and cold.
Unless Torrence is a lot better we are going to have major point guard issues.
If JB is going to throw shade like he did last year that won’t help the situation and he won’t be able to contain himself.
I just want the friggin drama to lessen with this program.

If it’s going to be a my way program then people aren’t going to shut up unless the results are there.
Postseasons are great.
Being irrelevant and medicore nationally during the regular season sucks.

JB teams won’t suck. That is what we know. But we haven’t had a complete team since 2014.

Every season since then we have had something missing.
Our PG position is a major source of worry if we want to be a really good team.
Of course we can win games in March but to actually win a NC or be a NC contender going into the tournament would be nice.
Syracuse as a double digit seed overachiever is great but it’s not how you win a NC.

I would like to actually be ranked after NYD.

I hear you on using your eyes but we haven't seen this team on the floor yet. I prefer looking at the Xs and Os and the stuff we can run and how we can play defense with more size and and a true center. We got butchered playing small. Yes the top of the zone played a role but so did having an undersized wing and a general lack of interest in defense for long stretches that few guys were immune to.

We have to push the ball and if you rewatch the reality is pushing the ball was a huge help in the games we won whether it was Kadary or Joe pushing it. When either PG decided to play 1 v 1 we have a fairly poor memory of the fact that success was not good with either PG with Kadary being better but simply because of raw talent. I don't want a team full of weapons playing a half court game for 40 mins. Push the ball and run the offense through your best options. It can work.

Every single negative opinion comes back to performances from guys who dealt with CoVid. I am over two months myself. It sucks and you aren't the same. Our eyes didn't lie to us but there is way too much pent up frustration and doubt putting stock into performances that were handicapped at times. Hell, let's be fair to the fact that Kadary's health likely held him back too. He may be even better than we thought. You know I share the frustrations and saw our struggles. That said there is too much singling out of the PG position and not looking at the bigger picture. Guys gotta improve and we have to see what a healthy team looks like. Until then I think the eyes watching last year might be too focused on the bad vs the good.

Im bullish on this team without Q...but with him? Gonna be a fun fun year
I really like QG...he's a really really likable player he is smart and has a great attitude. He brings a lot of great qualities to the team/court. But I am not 100% sold that the team is better with him playing huge minutes than with players like benny, swider and jimmy.

Vs. Houston he had a -26 plus/minus...3 for 9 (8 points) with 5 rebounds.
Vs West virginia (+9 plus/minus) 12 points, 7 rebounds
Vs SDSU 1-4 shooting, 3 points, 4 rebounds

over 3 tournament games he averaged about 8 points and 5 boards...

Again, I really like him and it would be great if he came back...

But the forward slot needs to do more than that in the tourney next year for the team to make a run. really need scoring forwards to take more pressure off of buddy and joe.

I think QG could take a leap and be that player that he was in key games like vs UNC or at other times in the year...but he never really came into his own in his first 2 seasons at SU, imo...he could easliy make that leap and dominate...I think he is right there ...but based on past performance, he hasnt done it yet.

I really like QG...he's a really really likable player he is smart and has a great attitude. He brings a lot of great qualities to the team/court. But I am not 100% sold that the team is better with him playing huge minutes than with players like benny, swider and jimmy.

Vs. Houston he had a -26 plus/minus...3 for 9 (8 points) with 5 rebounds.
Vs West virginia (+9 plus/minus) 12 points, 7 rebounds
Vs SDSU 1-4 shooting, 3 points, 4 rebounds

over 3 tournament games he averaged about 8 points and 5 boards...

Again, I really like him and it would be great if he came back...

But the forward slot needs to do more than that in the tourney next year for the team to make a run. really need scoring forwards to take more pressure off of buddy and joe.

I think QG could take a leap and be that player that he was in key games like vs UNC or at other times in the year...but he never really came into his own in his first 2 seasons at SU, imo...he could easliy make that leap and dominate...I think he is right there ...but based on past performance, he hasnt done it yet.
I mean the question is are you getting a healthy Guerrier, or a "dude's gutting it out" Guerrier?

I mean the question is are you getting a healthy Guerrier, or a "dude's gutting it out" Guerrier?
I mean...how much of his performance late in the season was due to gutting it out?

As an outside observer, this wasn't clear to me...I heard the rumors but couldn't tell how much of it was injuries.

I do wonder.. after two seasons in a row battling some pretty difficult injuries.. is QG just an injury prone guy?

I do wonder.. after two seasons in a row battling some pretty difficult injuries.. is QG just an injury prone guy?
Exactly. Funny how some people want Sidibe to leave now because of his injury history, yet they want QG back in the worst way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom