So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So the 8 man rotation feels pretty locked in

Exactly. Funny how some people want Sidibe to leave now because of his injury history, yet they want QG back in the worst way.

I would still love to have him back and see him excel. I just wonder about his health. I mean if I am QG I am going to go and get a paycheck especially given injury challenges a this level.

I hear you on using your eyes but we haven't seen this team on the floor yet. I prefer looking at the Xs and Os and the stuff we can run and how we can play defense with more size and and a true center. We got butchered playing small. Yes the top of the zone played a role but so did having an undersized wing and a general lack of interest in defense for long stretches that few guys were immune to.

We have to push the ball and if you rewatch the reality is pushing the ball was a huge help in the games we won whether it was Kadary or Joe pushing it. When either PG decided to play 1 v 1 we have a fairly poor memory of the fact that success was not good with either PG with Kadary being better but simply because of raw talent. I don't want a team full of weapons playing a half court game for 40 mins. Push the ball and run the offense through your best options. It can work.

Every single negative opinion comes back to performances from guys who dealt with CoVid. I am over two months myself. It sucks and you aren't the same. Our eyes didn't lie to us but there is way too much pent up frustration and doubt putting stock into performances that were handicapped at times. Hell, let's be fair to the fact that Kadary's health likely held him back too. He may be even better than we thought. You know I share the frustrations and saw our struggles. That said there is too much singling out of the PG position and not looking at the bigger picture. Guys gotta improve and we have to see what a healthy team looks like. Until then I think the eyes watching last year might be too focused on the bad vs the good.
My opinion comes down to the fact I don’t believe our players are great.

I see a solid team that is heavily flawed because of the PG position and lack of players unless Benny can that beat their guy off the dribble.

Good defenses will shut down good shooting teams the way we are built.
I don’t believe we will see much difference in these players that is my opinion of our player development. Where did Marek get better over 4 years.
Quincy I believe could have been better.

Didn’t play enough. Team was better with him in the game.

Your weak “6 ppg” comment might work on some people, but not on me. Based on that comment, I’d suggest you learn more about the game.

“move on”...I’ll discuss whatever aspects of the team and program that I feel like discussing. Don’t worry about it.

Your comparison of seton hall to us showed your knowledge. The laces comment is just a poor shot at someone because you are mad.

Have at it and if you want to keep pining over Kadary go for it.

I would still love to have him back and see him excel. I just wonder about his health. I mean if I am QG I am going to go and get a paycheck especially given injury challenges a this level.
On the one hand, I would love to have him back because he’s terrific when healthy. On the other hand, I think his presence would create a lot of roster management problems, as someone would be getting the short end of the stick with minutes. There’s basically no playing time available for Junior if both QG and FA are on the roster.

My gut says the coaching staff waits until May 1st. If FA is still on the roster, then he’s our third center and fourth forward. If they add another forward at that point, it’s probably someone who won’t expect to play much and will just appreciate the opportunity to learn for a year. Someone from Europe or maybe a project out of HS or the portal. Someone who the usual suspects will scoff at. (That’s the type of guard I see them adding as well, if at all.)

I see a solid team that is heavily flawed because of the PG position and lack of players unless Benny can that beat their guy off the dribble.

I don’t believe we will see much difference in these players that is my opinion of our player development. Where did Marek get better over 4 years.
Buddy has developed from role player to possible All-ACC.

Your comparison of seton hall to us showed your knowledge. The laces comment is just a poor shot at someone because you are mad.

Have at it and if you want to keep pining over Kadary go for it.
It wasn’t my comparison. It was just numbers. They are what they are.

The laces comment was also just rooted in numbers. Ones that actually matter. Like how the team played last year when one guy was on the floor.

Glad I have your “permission” to post how I want. That means a lot.

I hear you on using your eyes but we haven't seen this team on the floor yet. I prefer looking at the Xs and Os and the stuff we can run and how we can play defense with more size and and a true center. We got butchered playing small. Yes the top of the zone played a role but so did having an undersized wing and a general lack of interest in defense for long stretches that few guys were immune to.

We have to push the ball and if you rewatch the reality is pushing the ball was a huge help in the games we won whether it was Kadary or Joe pushing it. When either PG decided to play 1 v 1 we have a fairly poor memory of the fact that success was not good with either PG with Kadary being better but simply because of raw talent. I don't want a team full of weapons playing a half court game for 40 mins. Push the ball and run the offense through your best options. It can work.

Every single negative opinion comes back to performances from guys who dealt with CoVid. I am over two months myself. It sucks and you aren't the same. Our eyes didn't lie to us but there is way too much pent up frustration and doubt putting stock into performances that were handicapped at times. Hell, let's be fair to the fact that Kadary's health likely held him back too. He may be even better than we thought. You know I share the frustrations and saw our struggles. That said there is too much singling out of the PG position and not looking at the bigger picture. Guys gotta improve and we have to see what a healthy team looks like. Until then I think the eyes watching last year might be too focused on the bad vs the good.
This is such a great point and another factor that’s often overlooked by the Richmond stans.

As the season progressed, he got more and more minutes. There were games where Girard sat for most of the second half. With the increase in minutes came the injury problems for Richmond, so his minutes went down again.

Doubt it. I think JB is counting on a big 2022 class.

It may come to the point where players are calling any P5 coach with scholarships left and asking for a slot. There are too many kids looking to transfer for them all to get a preferred landing space.

Thus, a guy who is looking for a starting role today suddenly becomes happy to be a reserve in August, once the alternative is mid major or lower basketball.

I do wonder.. after two seasons in a row battling some pretty difficult injuries.. is QG just an injury prone guy?

Soft tissue injuries are usually due to a lack of flexibility and too much focus on weightlifting.

If we get the Buddy that we saw From February on that’s an All American candidate and a great college player. Even if he comes back to earth a bit and averages 20 ppg that’s a potential ACC POY season. He played like garbage for half the season and put up the same numbers Battle did for 2 seasons.

I think the rebounding is going to be what it is. Hasn’t been stellar the last few years, and I don’t think that’s going to change unless, Sidibe is back better than ever, Q returns, and one of the other forwards demonstrates a knack. What we need, if anything else, is a guard who can handle against press and drive and pass. They don’t even have to be overly tall, or score points. Just dribble, drive and pass.

I think the rebounding is going to be what it is. Hasn’t been stellar the last few years, and I don’t think that’s going to change unless, Sidibe is back better than ever, Q returns, and one of the other forwards demonstrates a knack. What we need, if anything else, is a guard who can handle against press and drive and pass. They don’t even have to be overly tall, or score points. Just dribble, drive and pass.

The rebounding numbers have been terrible since 96 when we went full zone. It doesn’t matter what the personnel is.

Soft tissue injuries are usually due to a lack of flexibility and too much focus on weightlifting.

Good point - although I've seen it go the other way too. Lack of sticking with leg work was a big part of my ACL tear.

Listen to the podcast with Cole. He talks a lot about being good on the boards that wasn't something he got show off at Nova.
Talk is cheap.

We could have been great on 'D" with Kadari-Buddy-Braswell-Williams-Sidibe (or Edwards or Anselem). How good will Joe-Buddy-Williams-Swider-Sidbe, et al, be?

Buddy has developed from role player to possible All-ACC.
Buddy is a weapon.
He is a good player but good defenses can shut him down. I think when he is hot he is a great player.
When he isn’t hot our offense can be shut down when we don’t have a PG who can penetrate and collapse a defense.
Unless Torrence can do that we don’t have a PG who can.
Buddy is not JJ Redick at Duke.
I hope he can develop like Doug McDermott at Creighton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom