Sorry smokers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry smokers

How much of the area behind where you guys tailgate is SU property? Could walk 40 yards back and light up on city property?

Yep, you could walk in four directions to any sidewalk and puff away. Though I wouldn't trust DPS employees to know the difference. (Then again, DPS was the reason this was held up for two years, so they're probably not going to say anything.)

Something I picked up while in the Army. Only way to know what was going on was to be hanging in the smoke pit with 1sg came to puff one. Quit a few times, and after field season dies down I'd like to move away from this vape thing. I know it's bad, most of the time I don't enjoy it, but right now I do it. And it blows my mind the looks I get from people, or the places I can't smoke it.

I do like the fact that our campus is no longer littered with butts... even tho there were butt cans everywhere.

That's funny, I wonder if that's a common thing. My grandfather picked it up for the same reason, started smoking during the war because non-smokers were out of the loop, smoke breaks were an information sharing time.

Life is better since the smoking ban, but I am still against the idea.
No smoking inside the Dome...Yes
Outside Ban...No it is a stupid new rule and I hate smoking.

I think chewing tobacco is gross...but it only harms themselves. Society pays a cost but we also pay a cost for alcohol.

As someone who works for a college who enacted a campus-wide smoking ban I can tell you this, it's an honor code and nothing more. Security has stated they will do nothing to enforce the rule. They don't have time for it. If we see a student smoking we are supposed to remind them that it's against the school policy, and if someone sees an employee smoking then they report it to HR, not security. It's a joke. The not leaving at halftime thing really stinks though, it's gets awfully hot in there and sometimes you need that breather, also, my kids love to go out at halftime and toss an overpriced $7 stuffed football around for a bit. People are going to get too hot and not come back, and so much for feeling the need to buy my kids another stuffed football.

No smoking inside the Dome...Yes
Outside Ban...No it is a stupid new rule and I hate smoking.

I think chewing tobacco is gross...but it only harms themselves. Society pays a cost but we also pay a cost for alcohol.
We pay an enormous cost for people who can't stop stuffing food and soda in their mouths and become overweight to obese. Diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, hip,knee and foot problems and on and on. All the added cost of growing and transporting food that people don't need, etc.

I'm taking my chances with skoal

Ever since that disastrous 1993 WVU game in which an inebriated JKinPhilly spilled his spit cup all down the bleacher in the student section, I've been in favor of a chewing tobacco ban at the Dome.

"I was going to watch undefeated Syracuse play undefeated Clemson for the top spot in the ACC, but damn if I can't go a few hours between Lucky Strikes. Screw you SU, I'll show you, I'm staying home!"

Actually, I don't care, as this has zero effect on my game day experience. Kill yourself with those cancer sticks if you want, it's your choice.

If you are moving around have a water bottle with a cap. Chew etiquette 101.

Going in and out of the stadium can be a lot of fun, if your tailgate is close. This is a bureaucrats decision probably about security difficulties. Yet again one more small restriction on fun

If you are moving around have a water bottle with a cap. Chew etiquette 101.

Going in and out of the stadium can be a lot of fun, if your tailgate is close. This is a bureaucrats decision probably about security difficulties. Yet again one more small restriction on fun

These back and forth between the game and tailgate people...I don't see how that's even possible without either leaving before halftime or missing a bunch of the second half. If you're not missing any of the game, what are you doing? Going to your tailgate for 5 minutes and then coming back?

all those old cny guys in their jeans

i'll make sure to wear nice slacks for you this year

As an aside, every time I go to a hoops game in the Dome I feel like I accidentally walked into an ugly sweater contest.

As an aside, every time I go to a hoops game in the Dome I feel like I accidentally walked into an ugly sweater contest.

White turtlenecks abound.

Ever since that disastrous 1993 WVU game in which an inebriated JKinPhilly spilled his spit cup all down the bleacher in the student section, I've been in favor of a chewing tobacco ban at the Dome.
i think the ban should be on you knuckleheads being anywhere near an overhang

I have lost my legal window for using Red Man at the Dome.

I never would have used it but I still feel violated a little. Why no warning first?

I have lost my legal window for using Red Man at the Dome.

I never would have used it but I still feel violated a little. Why no warning first?

I think we can get a one time exemption from the powers that be on the hill. I can't imagine the fear an opposing staff in the crowded coaching box would feel seeing an angry Tomcat yelling at them about a bad defense call while reams of Tobacco juice splash against the window, Orangeonions, and DCcuse from the baseball size wad of redman in your cheek.

They at least need to open up the doors, so that we can hang out for some air at half then. This isn't about smoking to me. I'm gonna have a damn heat stroke if I'm stuck in there. I sweat walking to the mailbox in the winter.

all those old cny guys in their jeans

i'll make sure to wear nice slacks for you this year

Is this you?

Attachments

• FA52527E-F884-4220-919E-502DEDCD5EF1.JPG
    FA52527E-F884-4220-919E-502DEDCD5EF1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
I see you have no ability to form a cogent counter argument. But here this will be less nebulous for you to get your brain around. Smoking is good for the economy and good for the nation overall.

Lol

To be fair there's a story about a season ticket holder getting a dip cup spilled on he & his son at a game a few years ago. Absolutely disgusting lol

We pay an enormous cost for people who can't stop stuffing food and soda in their mouths and become overweight to obese. Diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension, hip,knee and foot problems and on and on. All the added cost of growing and transporting food that people don't need, etc.

I hate when ppl are drinking a giant soda and I end up with some in my mouth by walking by. 2nd hand soda drinking is the worst.

-

I get your point about the societal costs of people making bad individual choices - but smoking is in a different category.

How about the huge costs we have to pay for all those Medicare-funded knee and hip replacements caused by excessive jogging and running?

How about the huge costs we have to pay for all those Medicare-funded knee and hip replacements caused by excessive jogging and running?
Yes, Big Nanny needs to put an end to that as well, for the greater good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom