The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Best Pizza Joint in Every P5 College Town

Absolutely not. 0 people from Buffalo support this message. Acceptable recommendations depending on where you are Kellys Korner, 9-11 Tavern, Gabriels Gate, Mammosers, Elmos and Bar Bill. Also the La Nova pit wings if looking for pizza as well.
Listen, man, I'm saying this from Virginia where a chicken wing is considered a full drum with tabasco sauce sprayed on it after it's cooked. I haven't been to the Anchor Bar in...God, decades now. It was great at one point.

My theory about wings is the further you get away from downtown Buffalo the worse wing culture is. I lived in London for years, and it wasn't even worth trying to get a good wing, even at so-called "American" sports bars.

I have not found a good wing place in the Shenandoah Valley since I moved here and it's probably one of the reasons I've dropped about 75 pounds since moving.

So forgive me for my excitement in talking about a chicken wing place that is no longer great. It's been a long time and I've lived in a southern chicken wing gulag for decades. I'll cry the next time I have a passably good chicken wing.

Being ANYWHERE near Boston is a fantastic excuse to eat well. (Hop the T) I've lost count, the # of times I've spent 2 plus hours in the car just to get Mike's Pastry.
Grill 23 and Bar

Listen, man, I'm saying this from Virginia where a chicken wing is considered a full drum with tabasco sauce sprayed on it after it's cooked. I haven't been to the Anchor Bar in...God, decades now. It was great at one point.

My theory about wings is the further you get away from downtown Buffalo the worse wing culture is. I lived in London for years, and it wasn't even worth trying to get a good wing, even at so-called "American" sports bars.

I have not found a good wing place in the Shenandoah Valley since I moved here and it's probably one of the reasons I've dropped about 75 pounds since moving.

So forgive me for my excitement in talking about a chicken wing place that is no longer great. It's been a long time and I've lived in a southern chicken wing gulag for decades. I'll cry the next time I have a passably good chicken wing.
Funny you say that. I recently became an Alexandria resident. Been searching out wings and only found 1 solid place in 5 or 6 months.

Best wings in cuse as of April 2021 is between Colemans and Dark Horse

Funny you say that. I recently became an Alexandria resident. Been searching out wings and only found 1 solid place in 5 or 6 months.
I'm sorry my friend. In 10 years you too will crave Buffalo Wild Wings. Yech.

They got GTech correct with Antico, especially since the original is right off campus. Incredible.

From my Cuse time, nothing from the college days (immediate campus) would make the list for me. Post college, my company would get Pavones just about every night as we always stayed way late. I took it for granted eating it that way but it was REALLY good (haven’t found a white/garlic that good since)

Varsity was once a contender, changed ownership a while back (15 years or so?) and hasn't been the same since.

Mario and Salvo's is not only the best pizza in Syracuse, hands down, it's one of the best pizzas in the country.

Outside of Syracuse so out of the discussion, but has anybody tried Cicero country pizza? really good.

Gabes Gate used to be my favorite wing spot in town (one block from my house). Lately, they’ve taken a nose dive. Idk what happened but I don’t even bother anymore. Super random, but right down the street there’s a hole in the wall called Lennox, has taken the top spot.

I love Lenox Grill!

I Was wondering how they get their listings.. I looked at like WV.. I found about 10 review sites. not one had the one they listed as the best.. A bunch had Pizza Als and 2-3 others, didnt really find out that even rated their choice in top 5.

I Was wondering how they get their listings.. I looked at like WV.. I found about 10 review sites. not one had the one they listed as the best.. A bunch had Pizza Als and 2-3 others, didnt really find out that even rated their choice in top 5.
However they determined Shakespeare’s for Mizzou, that’s the correct answer.

As far as ‘Cuse goes, a bunch of us went to Archie’s our first night on campus and never looked back.

Absolutely not. 0 people from Buffalo support this message. Acceptable recommendations depending on where you are Kellys Korner, 9-11 Tavern, Gabriels Gate, Mammosers, Elmos and Bar Bill. Also the La Nova pit wings if looking for pizza as well.

Hike Zoar. Drive to East Aurora. Bar Bill. Smack 20 wings. Stop next door, grab a 12er of Ruby Red. Take a stroll through the beautiful town of EA, while enjoying their open container laws. Call it a day. Anyone looking for a full day in WNY. Screen shot the response. Thank me later.

My son took me to bar Bill about a month ago, it was like stepping into a time machine. If you love 1979 this is the place for you, and I was all in

Hike Zoar. Drive to East Aurora. Bar Bill. Smack 20 wings. Stop next door, grab a 12er of Ruby Red. Take a stroll through the beautiful town of EA, while enjoying their open container laws. Call it a day. Anyone looking for a full day in WNY. Screen shot the response. Thank me later.
You have 42 North right down the street too. Great brewery.

Acropolis on Westcott was better than the one on Marshall St. Always liked Cosmo over Varsity. For me the difference between the 2 was consistency. George stood in that window at Cosmos for something like 50 years turning them out.
I liked the calzone from Acropolis on Westcott. I also had my share of Yosh's my freshman year. Usually after Bragg's.

Funny you brought that up my friend just tweeted about it today and I never even realized to stop there.
I've been gone for about 8 years but that's still my meet up spot with friends when I'm home. Its a dump with sketchy people but they have a 100% hit rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom