The Elephant in the Room: JB's Successor? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

The Elephant in the Room: JB's Successor?

Pat Beilein after he is done bringing home a title for BVille

But what exactly has he done to deserve to be named the next head coach? That’s the only question I have. I don’t hate gmac. Just don’t understand why he’s considered over the other more experienced coaches on our bench.
What did Jim Boeheim do to deserve to be named head coach when he started? Head coaches are chosen by gut no matter what you think. All three on that bench have been assistants long enough to where none of them are any more experienced than the other.I’m not pushing for anyone in particular. I just want to know what he’s done to deserve this total disregard as a successor from people like you and Zonk. That’s called a hater.

What did Jim Boeheim do to deserve to be named head coach when he started? Head coaches are chosen by gut no matter what you think. All three on that bench have been assistants long enough to where none of them are any more experienced than the other.I’m not pushing for anyone in particular. I just want to know what he’s done to deserve this total disregard as a successor from people like you and Zonk. That’s called a hater.

Alright. Call me out for more of this ridiculousness, and i lose my patience.

1) You have a juvenile set of perspectives and manner of expressing yourself. I'm a "hater" now? Grow up.

Whatever i may have said about Gmac was in defense of an idea. An opinion. Mostly, the opinion of other people. No, i also don't want GMac as our next coach. And my reasons are more valid than your childish fanboydom. They're simply different opinions than ones you have. By your moronic logic, You are a hater because you don't want Red (or someone else) to be the coach. Think, son. Think with your brain.

2) I clearly stated in this very thread, and directly to you: no one hates GMac. No one. Yet, you choose to twist a significant number of longtime fans' opinions into some sort of childish 'hate' campaign. That's stupid.

3) Now, you erect a new strawman, and think you're being clever in referencing JB's hiring, out of the golf program. Well, genius—why don't we just look to the golf program again, then, if that 1970s decision was so sound?

4) You're not pushing for anyone in particular? Right. You're not pushing for Red or Hopkins or an outside hire, are you? You're only defending GMac, even though the same criticisms of a potential Red hire have been levied. Have you been asleep when all the posts about Hopkins have been made over the last few years? How HE isn't impressing anyone at Washington? How he wasn't very good in his substitute HC role for a few games with us? Are we all "haters" (again—grow up) for acknowledging that, too?

Yeah, you're not worth discussing anything with because you can't deal with opinions and perspectives like an adult, and you need to make everything into a personal assault. In your head, it's a personal assault against GMac, so you start attacking forum members. That's called Being. A. Douche.

To answer your question: what has he done to deserve this total disregard as successor:

• We have been trending downward as a program over the past 10 years. He's a part of that.
• He has no head coaching experience. Choosing him means you're choosing inexperience and deferring a potentially more experienced hand.
• He doesn't have 'seniority' on the staff. Him as a successor means you're leapfrogging someone else. To do that, you need a reason. Tell us what that reason is. Oh, wait—you say it doesn't matter, the actual years of assisting experience. They're all the same. Okay, right. Well, Red is the Associate Head Coach. Gmac is an Assistant. Seems like you're expressing prejudice more than objectivity.
• Promoting from within, ostensibly toward maintaining continuity, is particularly dumb when you don't want to 'continue' what is the status quo.
• What has he done particularly well to demonstrate he's the right man for the job? What makes you think he has the tools, ideas, knowhow to fix what needs to be fixed? You have no idea. You have no reason or rationale. And, for some reason, you can't recognize or understand why others see these items as legitimate reasons not to choose Gmac. Can't understand them, so it's "hate" in your little head... I guess it's all good to call it "gut," right? That's fine. GMac might very well be the next John Wooden. But, if it's your gut telling you that, your gut has no foundation or justification. Maybe that's what "gut" is to you, but it seems like you have an inability to deal with (more) rational counterarguments.

Why do you "hate" Red? Why do you hate Hopkins? Why do you hate Jed Moynihan (random name)?

ptlite-icon.svg

Attachments

• 73tlhn.jpg
    73tlhn.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37
Settle down Francis

Next person has to be a “name” and have head coach experience which eliminates the 3 assistants on staff. Let them go earn experience elsewhere.

Next person has to be a “name” and have head coach experience which eliminates the 3 assistants on staff. Let them go earn experience elsewhere.

At least Red & Griff have been assistants elsewhere.

(damning with faint praise)

If you did a blind review of the resumes of Red, Griff, and GMac’s respective coaching careers,
not a single person anywhere would choose GMac.

He is - by far - the least experienced and least accomplished of the current staff.

That is not hating on GMac -
it’s a statement of fact.

I think Popovich is tired of being dealt a crap hand in San Antonio in recent years and surely wants the opportunity to fly all over the country sucking up to high schoolers, so that he can pick his own team.

He must not be counted out in the race to become the next coach of the Orange.

I think Popovich is tired of being dealt a crap hand in San Antonio in recent years and surely wants the opportunity to fly all over the country sucking up to high schoolers, so that he can pick his own team.

He must not be counted out in the race to become the next coach of the Orange.
Wrong font

Alright. Call me out for more of this ridiculousness, and i lose my patience.

1) You have a juvenile set of perspectives and manner of expressing yourself. I'm a "hater" now? Grow up.

Whatever i may have said about Gmac was in defense of an idea. An opinion. Mostly, the opinion of other people. No, i also don't want GMac as our next coach. And my reasons are more valid than your childish fanboydom. They're simply different opinions than ones you have. By your moronic logic, You are a hater because you don't want Red (or someone else) to be the coach. Think, son. Think with your brain.

2) I clearly stated in this very thread, and directly to you: no one hates GMac. No one. Yet, you choose to twist a significant number of longtime fans' opinions into some sort of childish 'hate' campaign. That's stupid.

3) Now, you erect a new strawman, and think you're being clever in referencing JB's hiring, out of the golf program. Well, genius—why don't we just look to the golf program again, then, if that 1970s decision was so sound?

4) You're not pushing for anyone in particular? Right. You're not pushing for Red or Hopkins or an outside hire, are you? You're only defending GMac, even though the same criticisms of a potential Red hire have been levied. Have you been asleep when all the posts about Hopkins have been made over the last few years? How HE isn't impressing anyone at Washington? How he wasn't very good in his substitute HC role for a few games with us? Are we all "haters" (again—grow up) for acknowledging that, too?

Yeah, you're not worth discussing anything with because you can't deal with opinions and perspectives like an adult, and you need to make everything into a personal assault. In your head, it's a personal assault against GMac, so you start attacking forum members. That's called Being. A. Douche.

To answer your question: what has he done to deserve this total disregard as successor:

• We have been trending downward as a program over the past 10 years. He's a part of that.
• He has no head coaching experience. Choosing him means you're choosing inexperience and deferring a potentially more experienced hand.
• He doesn't have 'seniority' on the staff. Him as a successor means you're leapfrogging someone else. To do that, you need a reason. Tell us what that reason is. Oh, wait—you say it doesn't matter, the actual years of assisting experience. They're all the same. Okay, right. Well, Red is the Associate Head Coach. Gmac is an Assistant. Seems like you're expressing prejudice more than objectivity.
• Promoting from within, ostensibly toward maintaining continuity, is particularly dumb when you don't want to 'continue' what is the status quo.
• What has he done particularly well to demonstrate he's the right man for the job? What makes you think he has the tools, ideas, knowhow to fix what needs to be fixed? You have no idea. You have no reason or rationale. And, for some reason, you can't recognize or understand why others see these items as legitimate reasons not to choose Gmac. Can't understand them, so it's "hate" in your little head... I guess it's all good to call it "gut," right? That's fine. GMac might very well be the next John Wooden. But, if it's your gut telling you that, your gut has no foundation or justification. Maybe that's what "gut" is to you, but it seems like you have an inability to deal with (more) rational counterarguments.

Why do you "hate" Red? Why do you hate Hopkins? Why do you hate Jed Moynihan (random name)?

ptlite-icon.svg
I feel as though I may have touched a nerve.

Have we hired Pitino yet?
He’s a little more experienced than Popovich so he has that going for him, but I think Popovich’s offensive principles will win out. It’s 2022, we need to score points. Perhaps Pitino can be on the staff and can install his vaunted 2-2-1 3 quarter court press - bringing things full circle for himself as a Syracuse assistant again - surely a dream come true after all the crap jobs he’s had to endure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom