The official "i got Boeheim's book fir Christmas" thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The official "i got Boeheim's book fir Christmas" thread...

For those who didn't get it, SU Bookstore had autographed copies available earlier this week. Picked up one as a gift (it was also 20% off) and when I was there, they had several signed copies left.

My daughter waited 2 1/2 hours in line to get a signed copy for me. I saw her post this on her facebook about a month ago and was hoping I would get it and I did.

Attachments

• Boeheim signed book.jpg
    Boeheim signed book.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 136
Bought a copy for my brother in Florida. Received my own copy this morning!

Got it. And didn't ask for it. Very cool surprise. Thanks Santa

Yes. Mother in law. Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

Bought it last week and read it on Delray beach in florida on vacation with my fiancee. I generally can't sit still and am usually done laying in the sand after about 20 minutes. I am 30 years old and some of the early stories about coach and Bing were new for me. Same with some of the recruiting stories about Bouie n' Louie. I haven't read a book cover to cover in just a couple days in more than 5 years. Couldn't put it down. Loved the DC stories the most! Nice shoutout for CTO in the book. Reading this re-energized me for the season. Then I watched Nova finish...

GO CUSE. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

signed. nice work by my parents.

As someone who buys used books on occasion, Ive noticed the giver used to sign their names after a brief inscription. I think it's cool your folks are bringing this tradition back.

Bing! Got it and I had forgotten all about it. My wife made sure it was under the tree. I'm a lucky guy.

Dave Bing got yours for you? He certainly seems like a thoughtful guy. I'd settle for Dave Siock getting mine.

For an instant before I finished reading the thread title, I thought it was "the official I got Boeheimed..." by whatever, and that we were going to have to share some stories of riding the pine of life on Christmas. Boy was I relieved an instant later. Nobody can be sad on Christmas!

To illustrate what probably went on in my head as I glanced at the thread title:
When asked about the difference between this December 25th and those in his homeland, Obokoh issued the laconic statement, "I got Boeheimed for Christmas". The flustered, young reporter had already reworded the question to use the date instead of the word "Christmas", after Obokoh initially informed him that he didn't know Rakeem prior to coming to America. It was the first time asking a player a question for the new hire, and as he walked away he was overheard mumbling, "(bleep) this, I am going back to being a hand model".

Last edited:
Does it count if I bought it for myself? :cool:
Bought it for my self as well a few weeks ago while buying Orangemen gear for my out of NY family members. Go "Cuse!

borrowed it from the Library. Finished on Christmas Eve. Popcorn for the 'Cuse fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom