Ticket sales for NC State are soaring... | Syracusefan.com

Ticket sales for NC State are soaring...

The win at Pitt has apparently sparked a frenzy of interest in the NC State game. Some estimates are that there could be close to 33,000 there.

I guess the real question is, how much did you sell your seats for? ;)

Going to the game tomorrow and I'm so fired up... I live 3 hours away and don't get the opportunity to go every year cause I work a lot of weekends. Can't wait to be there tomorrow, and if they really are getting over 30,000 it will be a great first game for my girlfriend who has never been to a game. Go Orange

I gave my tickets to the 90-year-old mother of a friend of mine ... who was 1) Reggie Schwartzwalder's best friend; and 2) AD Lew Andreas' secretary in the 1940's. As that commercial says, some things are "priceless."
That's Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a couple extra tickets so I invited a guy who works for me from Cleveland he is driving up in the AM with his wife. Talked to him today he said all his friends are extremely jealous. His wife teaches at Oberlin College and the students there couldn't believe she was going to the dome. Cuse hoops is big time.

Side note - I think the athletic dept whiffed on the momentum from Weds night. Not for NC St as that was selling well already being a weekend game and part of the Duke package, but rather for the BC game. I would have blitzed the airwaves, the internet and people's inboxes with a 'student special' or something like that offering cheap ($10 - $15 maybe) youth tickets as it is school break week they could a huge crowd if they pushed it. And it needed to be done Thurs while kids were still in school and momentum was carrying over. I would have dropped off flyers at every school in CNY by mid-morning with a direct link to purchase tix to the game for the promotion.

That's great but people should be buying tickets to the first two rounds in Buffalo instead. Let's get that thing sold out.

I gave my tickets to the 90-year-old mother of a friend of mine ... who was 1) Reggie Schwartzwalder's best friend; and 2) AD Lew Andreas' secretary in the 1940's. As that commercial says, some things are "priceless."

That's awesome. I hope she's ready to talk smack to the Wolfpack. ;)

That's awesome. I hope she's ready to talk smack to the Wolfpack. ;)
She's pretty feisty. She lives alone and still drives her car. Her name is TD Curtin. I understand her late husband was a prominent auto dealer in the Syracuse area. She became friends with Reggie Schwartzwalder when Andreas hired Ben... and remained Reggie's best friend until she died a year or so ago. Her daughter Nancy is one of my best friends here in CT. Kind of a small world story as to how Nancy and I met. We discovered the SU connection AFTER we had become friends.

33,000 would be terrific. but half of 321 and 335 and all of 322 and 334 (which fill up for 33,000) haven't been made available for sale and it looks like over 1,000 additional seats nearer to the court (320-321, 335-336) are unsold but available on Ticketmaster. It'd take a heck of a walk-up to reach that number.

This group has earned that kind of crowd, though.

And yet this game is not nationally televised.:mad::bat:
You have options...
  1. local channel that's part of the ACC Network (likely only in ACC markets)
  2. ESPN-3 (everywhere that the first option is not available. This works great with AppleTV and Roku streaming devices.
  3. ESPN Full Court (access likely depends on your video service provider)
  4. ACC Sports mobile app with ACC Network Mobile Pass ($7.99 per year - also includes SU @ FSU and all ACC Tournament games)
  5. Sports bar that's Syracuse-friendly and has ESPN Full Court access
In short, if you want to see the game then you should be able to see it.

She's pretty feisty. She lives alone and still drives her car. Her name is TD Curtin. I understand her late husband was a prominent auto dealer in the Syracuse area. She became friends with Reggie Schwartzwalder when Andreas hired Ben... and remained Reggie's best friend until she died a year or so ago. Her daughter Nancy is one of my best friends here in CT. Kind of a small world story as to how Nancy and I met. We discovered the SU connection AFTER we had become friends.
she isn't related to bluecurtain is she?

orangenirvana said:
That's great but people should be buying tickets to the first two rounds in Buffalo instead. Let's get that thing sold out.

I don't think there is any worry there.

You have options...
  1. local channel that's part of the ACC Network (likely only in ACC markets)
  2. ESPN-3 (everywhere that the first option is not available. This works great with AppleTV and Roku streaming devices.
  3. ESPN Full Court (access likely depends on your video service provider)
  4. ACC Sports mobile app with ACC Network Mobile Pass ($7.99 per year - also includes SU @ FSU and all ACC Tournament games)
  5. Sports bar that's Syracuse-friendly and has ESPN Full Court access
In short, if you want to see the game then you should be able to see it.

I know, just whining about it not being on hd. I have full court and espn3

We had court seats at MSG for one of the Coaches v Cancer games. My friend bought his 86 year old father. We were just to one side of the basket. I worried about him the whole game, praying that a player did not run into him!!! That is great. I hope I can still attend games if I even make it to 86 or 90. Actually my mother, class of '49 turns 86 on Monday!! No way she could go to a game.

We had court seats at MSG for one of the Coaches v Cancer games. My friend bought his 86 year old father. We were just to one side of the basket. I worried about him the whole game, praying that a player did not run into him!!! That is great. I hope I can still attend games if I even make it to 86 or 90. Actually my mother, class of '49 turns 86 on Monday!! No way she could go to a game.
TD is about 5 foot tall and 100 pounds. She knows a very large player may land in her lap. Her reaction: Bring him on.

Last edited:
And yet this game is not nationally televised.:mad::bat:

Y'all should count your blessings. I didn't get to see Duke or either Pitt game. Do you guys know how hard it is to be an SU hoops fan when you live where they think curling is exciting? Don't even get me started on the darts, fishing, and poker ...

Get this lady a shirt similar to this, with just orange instead of orange/black

The win at Pitt has apparently sparked a frenzy of interest in the NC State game. Some estimates are that there could be close to 33,000 there.

People realize we only have a few home games left, and this is a pretty remarkable season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom