Tyler Ennis / Lakers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis / Lakers

if you need me to do the research for you:

Warrick - no (slightly higher than min, 1 year deal)
Donte Greene - no
Flynn - no (not his fault)
Fab - no
Dion - no (slightly higher than min, 1 year deal + player option)
Wes - no
Mali - TBD - not looking good after 1 year
Chris - TBD - not looking good after 2 years
Ennis - no
MCW - no (slighty higher than min 1 year deal)

Non Syracuse players.

Non Syracuse players.

I follow non syracuse players. I only care about my "family"

I would assume its better than 1/11 - but i'm not positive.

MCW is up to 10 million in career earnings and he's only 25.

I follow non syracuse players. I only care about my "family"

I would assume its better than 1/11 - but i'm not positive.

How can you call something a trend if you don't know the general percentages?

That's like saying "Syracuse isn't shooting 60% from 3 each of the last 10 years. This is a disturbing trend."

Do other teams shoot 60%? Did Syracuse shoot this before?

They had Russell last year who was also the 2nd pick and was in his second year rather than a rookie.

Walton played his bench a lot last year and didn't give the starters heavy minutes. Clarkson led the team in minutes per game at 29.2, and he wasn't even a starter.

Russel is not Lonzo Ball.

no one in the NBA averaged more than 38 mins last year.

And no rookie averaged more than 28.9 mpg. And no Laker averaged more than 29.2 mpg.

Heavily doubt Ball plays 35 mpg+ as a rookie.

And no rookie averaged more than 28.9 mpg. And no Laker averaged more than 29.2 mpg.

Heavily doubt Ball plays 35 mpg+ as a rookie.

ROY and fellow PG Malcolm Brogdan avg 26.4

ROY and fellow PG Malcolm Brogdan avg 26.4

The year before, Towns averaged 32 mpg.

Only rookies in the last 4 years to play roughly 35 mpg were Wiggins in 2015 at 36 mpg, and MCW in 2014 at 34.5.

First, I really hope our staff and program is setting up all of our former players who play professionally with trustworthy, smart financial teams to help them with their new money.

I'm not sure I follow when you say Tyler doesn't have time when it comes to compounding interest. I'm in the finance field and judging by your post you are well read on this but Tyler has nothing but time. It doesn't take that high of a savings rate with his income and age profile to give him a sizable cushion later on in life.

Let's say he saves just 4% (which some people won't even notice missing from their paycheck) of the $7.5M from years 1-4 + 2 years of $1.6M so 2 years from now of his $10.7M in earnings he has "just" $420k invested/saved from his NBA contracts. Throw it in the S&P index and hope it conservatively compounds at 8% on an annualized basis the next 20 years. He'll be in his early 40's with ~$2 million in the bank and that doesn't count any money he's earned from the time he is 23 years old and on. If he doesn't touch it until he's in his early 50's it grows to $4.3M and $9.3M in his early 60's.

Tyler can still go back and get his degree and upon graduating have plenty of connections to get a fine job and live upper middle class. Personally, I would be shocked if he didn't end up a coach right after he hangs them up.

staying on a roster for 3 years is a big deal. 3 years qualifies you for the NBA pension plan. He'll get $57K per year upon retirement and that number increases (to a max of about $200K) for every year he stays in the NBA.

plus, the NBA has an outstanding 401(k) option. What is your company's matching contribution? 33%? 50%? The NBA matches 140% of a player's contribution. Sticking with your 4% example above (which total is not correct because his 4th year option was not exercised, but the numbers are convenient and this is just an example), putting $420,000 into the league sponsored 401(k) turns into a sweet $1,008,000 total.

staying on a roster for 3 years is a big deal. 3 years qualifies you for the NBA pension plan. He'll get $57K per year upon retirement and that number increases (to a max of about $200K) for every year he stays in the NBA.

plus, the NBA has an outstanding 401(k) option. What is your company's matching contribution? 33%? 50%? The NBA matches 140% of a player's contribution. Sticking with your 4% example above (which total is not correct because his 4th year option was not exercised, but the numbers are convenient and this is just an example), putting $420,000 into the league sponsored 401(k) turns into a sweet $1,008,000 total.
Great info. I knew I should have been in the NBA.

No one is saying it isn't, getting to the Nba is great, but these big time college players don't turn pro saying " I really hope I can just make a roster, stick around for a few years and get a pension".

No one is saying it isn't, getting to the Nba is great, but these big time college players don't turn pro saying " I really hope I can just make a roster, stick around for a few years and get a pension".
no, but a lot of them are a lot more knowledgeable and sophisticated than you think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom