UNC Game... | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy is not a leader or a good qb right now. Receivers need to be better but how doesn't this fall heavily on his struggles? He doesn't give us a good chance to win right now. He was given so many opportunities this game and besides the Johnson drop he has been the primary reason why we couldn't punch it in.

Attachments

• 1599937537612.gif
    1599937537612.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
we have zero runs by the RBs thru the dline all day has is that not being dominated?

It isn't about Devito. Want to play another qb, fine. But he is going to have the same terrible, and I hate to say it but yes, terrible, players out there with him. Game could have looked a bit different if Johnson could have made what is a routine catch for other teams.
Yeah it was a big play. But come on... it was one play. Yes it sucked and yes it has to be a catch... yes yes yes yes.

But it’s one play! If one dropped touchdown is going to completely shut down the entire offense after that... no, that’s insane.

I didn’t see any difference compared to last year on offense in terms of play calling. Maybe I don’t have the “eye” for it.

If the issues ISNT QB play and instead lack of open targets, didn’t we have like 151752 wideouts two seasons ago? Nobody has developed enough to be able to make some sort of play down field?

Doesn’t make sense.
QB play is the problem right now.
Our WRs aren’t NFL draft picks but they servicable ACC players.

It isn't about Devito. Want to play another qb, fine. But he is going to have the same terrible, and I hate to say it but yes, terrible, players out there with him. Game could have looked a bit different if Johnson could have made what is a routine catch for other teams.
Taj, Nykeim and Queeley have all looked strong with the ball in their hands today.

We’re losing because none of our WRs can make a difficult catch and we have NO run game outside of TD’s runs out of the pocket. Also, to be fair, the red zone calls were garbage.

I have been harping on our wr " development" for 2 years now. Its non existent. What's filled the gaps were 2 or 3 grad transfers that could play and were developed in other programs. So, for them it was plug and play. Other than that, we haven't seen any tandem remotely close to Erv and Ish in dinos tenure, drafted and developed. It's sad and alot of people laughed at me when I said we have 1/4 we positions ready. Well, that's the case and add in the fact we keep pounding JJ inside and cant call a dynamic series of plays...well, slot of today is on the coaching. Dam, the D gave us a shot today.

Hey ACC Network, can you interrupt your Chapel Hill drool fest to say we’ve changed QBs?

Thanks

The talent around DeVito isn’t as bad you are making it out to be.
Johnson and Harris are solid WR.

The OL isn’t getting destroyed every play.
The QB is playing very conservatively and not playing loose.
The QB is the problem right now.
The WR are way below ACC average. Look at the teams we play and what their WR's do. It's not close. The OL opens very few holes. This isn't me standing up for Tommy. Bench him. Nothing will change with this group around him.

I get the sense Dino wasn’t ready for season at all. I don’t blame him either but they don’t have the talent to offset it.

I’ll enjoy watching games and won’t complain about the results. This is a lost season

Tommy struggled at times today but he's the not only probelm with the offense.
Whole offense struggled today. That's on Dino
I'm willing to give them a lease cause of shortened offseason plus multiple starters out on O-line.
But the offense HAS to be better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom