Update on dome renovations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Update on dome renovations

so how are they able to deal with the lack of space to put in seats and we cant? the other reality is that we lose bball seats which is probably a bigger deal than fball seats

so how are they able to deal with the lack of space to put in seats and we cant? the other reality is that we lose bball seats which is probably a bigger deal than fball seats
I would imagine they would leave bleacher seats in the end zone to keep the price low and not affect BB seating (BB games are only 2 hours). Slide-up bleachers same thing. The chair-backs would probably go between the 20's or 30's for more money.

I would imagine they would leave bleacher seats in the end zone to keep the price low and not affect BB seating (BB games are only 2 hours). Slide-up bleachers same thing. The chair-backs would probably go between the 20's or 30's for more money.
Replace all bleacher seats. The lack of seating for 1-2 games a year is not worth not putting in arm seats.

We need new housing options for FB and BB, sky top housing hasn’t been touched in 25 years, terrible and is a big weakness in recruiting

Brutalism. Looks like military barracks. Somehow was cool in the late 80’s.

I am pretty sure Dino agrees with this and has been very vocal.

Yes he has. And I haven't heard of anything on the horizon unless someone else has? Need to give Dino (and Boeheim) all the tools possible to recruit at a high level. Otherwise we'll be looking for a new football coach... again... and soon...

I drove past skytop for the first time a couple months ago and was quite shocked at how outdated those apartments really are. They look like something from the Cold War. I’m sure this impacts regular students that may want to attend Syracuse as well as the student athletes SU is recruiting.

We need new housing options for FB and BB, sky top housing hasn’t been touched in 25 years, terrible and is a big weakness in recruiting
Doesn't the master plan call for moving all student housing to the main campus, shutting down the Sky Top units entirely?

Doesn't the master plan call for moving all student housing to the main campus, shutting down the Sky Top units entirely?

What's going to happen with the Sheraton? I was under the impression that it was going to be converted top student housing and a new Marriott branded hotel was going to be built on SU-owned property? That could be a potentially cool place for athlete/student housing.

Most BB and FB players live in University Village which is very nice and nothing like the rest of sky top.
As a former resident of UV, I was in the same building as Alec Lemon, I can attest that UV is quite nice, if overpriced for the Cuse area. It’s not the Taj Mahal like some of these places are across the country, but far nicer than the traditional housing is

Forgive me if this was stated before but, I spoke with higher ups at SU. I was told that while you walk around the Dome you will be able to look inside the dome. That was the big thing that this person (who is extremely high up on the food chain at SU told me) So don't believe me if you don't want to. I just thought I'd share since a bunch of you have given me Syracuse Athletics information.

I think that will be extremely cool! Did I miss that information somewhere? Is there details about what that Glass will be made of? Will it light up?

Forgive me if this was stated before but, I spoke with higher ups at SU. I was told that while you walk around the Dome you will be able to look inside the dome. That was the big thing that this person (who is extremely high up on the food chain at SU told me) So don't believe me if you don't want to. I just thought I'd share since a bunch of you have given me Syracuse Athletics information.

I think that will be extremely cool! Did I miss that information somewhere? Is there details about what that Glass will be made of? Will it light up?

It's always been talked about in renovations by using ETFE which is a plastic that can withstand extreme temperature changes. The Vikings new stadium uses this material very well - unless you're a bird!

that's either off the table right now or would be considered in phase 3 which is years away.

that's either off the table right now or would be considered in phase 3 which is years away.
I'm a noob around here but trust me Sir. It's going to happen. The person who told me is extremely high up on the food chain. This person has zero reason to lie or exaggerate. It's just a matter of when then. If your info is accurate. Which I have been reading for years BTW. I believe you!!!

Probably so. By then, SU will be up to 4G LTE quality, while many other Power 5's will be at 6G or beyond. ;)

I thought they said once the roof is on and the air can be circulated then walls can be blown out and all sorts of things can be done. isnt the AC coming after the roof is completed and that will mean changes to lots of stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom