Washington Huskies | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

I haven't seen any of their recent games, but I saw a few earlier in the year. Based on that, I believe that Stewart would have been a major difference maker on the SU team. He would score whenever they fed him in good post position, and was a monster rebounder.

When they started their losing streak, I felt that one reason for it was that they were unable or unwilling to keep feeding Stewart. It seemed that the wrong guys were jacking up 3s and auditioning for the NBA, instead of playing winning basketball. As I said, I haven't seen their most recent games, but it may be that Stewart doesn't look as good now because he doesn't get many touches any more.

No doubt their guards are terrible and do a very poor job of getting Stewart the ball. WSU has no front line to speak of yet when Stewart did have the ball last night he didn't do much with it. Maybe he just had a bad game. Like I said, I know he would be additive but I just don't think he'd be - to put a finer point on it - vaulting us into the top 20. I think he could use another year of seasoning but prolly not at UW with those lousy guards.

No doubt their guards are terrible and do a very poor job of getting Stewart the ball. WSU has no front line to speak of yet when Stewart did have the ball last night he didn't do much with it. Maybe he just had a bad game. Like I said, I know he would be additive but I just don't think he'd be - to put a finer point on it - vaulting us into the top 20. I think he could use another year of seasoning but prolly not at UW with those lousy guards.

Averages 17 and 9 with 2 blocks. 56% from the field and 76% from the line. The list of SU centers who have been that productive and efficient is very, very short.

What exactly would this “year of seasoning” be doing for him? He’s already got great hands, can score with his back to the basket, can face up, and can make FTs, and can rebound and play defense and is a specimen. And teams throw the kitchen sink at trying to stop him because Washington’s outside shooting is terrible.

The only thing for him to really improve is hitting the 3, from what I can see.

Jaden McDaniels is brutal for that offense. He knows all the NBA moves but unfortunately rarely executes any of them. Step back 3’s etc. Personifies bad AAU ball. He prevents the offense from going through Stewart. Hop hasn’t been able to reel that kid in even after benching him. I feel like he would be addition by subtraction.

Hop started a couple walk on seniors last night which I thought was cool of him.

Averages 17 and 9 with 2 blocks. 56% from the field and 76% from the line. The list of SU centers who have been that productive and efficient is very, very short.

What exactly would this “year of seasoning” be doing for him? He’s already got great hands, can score with his back to the basket, can face up, and can make FTs, and can rebound and play defense and is a specimen. And teams throw the kitchen sink at trying to stop him because Washington’s outside shooting is terrible.

I'll tell ya what he could prove.

That you can come home again.....how about a post season transfer to SU with immediate eligibility for next season.

Jaden McDaniels is brutal for that offense. He knows all the NBA moves but unfortunately rarely executes any of them. Step back 3’s etc. Personifies bad AAU ball. He prevents the offense from going through Stewart. Hop hasn’t been able to reel that kid in even after benching him. I feel like he would be addition by subtraction.

Hop started a couple walk on seniors last night which I thought was cool of him.
Was just gonna get to that. Kid is the definition of a ball stopper at this point too. Double the turnovers a game of assist (3 an half TO a game)

I'll tell ya what he could prove.

That you can come home again...how about a post season transfer to SU with immediate eligibility for next season.
Neverrrr happening and we all know that but just imagine lol what a full circle moment it would be

Was just gonna get to that. Kid is the definition of a ball stopper at this point too. Double the turnovers a game of assist (3 an half TO a game)

He’s basically this year’s Cam Reddish.

Add Stewart to our perimeter players and our already very good offense becomes one of the very best in the country! The defense and rebounding goes from bad to serviceable.

I think we would be about 21-7/22-6 and at worst be fourth in the ACC playing for a top 4 seed as a 2nd tier final four contender. And that’s just at worst!

He would make life a lot easier on Buddy and Joe both offensively and defensively as teams wouldn’t be able to just focus on cutting down their open looks. A team with inside guy like that with Eli and Buddy would average about 80ppg IMO.

Neverrrr happening and we all know that but just imagine lol what a full circle moment it would be
True. But it could reverse the bad mojo that befell Stewart after he criticized Boeheim.

Add Stewart to our perimeter players and our already very good offense becomes one of the very best in the country! The defense and rebounding goes from bad to serviceable.

I think we would be about 21-7/22-6 and at worst be fourth in the ACC playing for a top 4 seed as a 2nd tier final four contender. And that’s just at worst!

He would make life a lot easier on Buddy and Joe both offensively and defensively as teams wouldn’t be able to just focus on cutting down their open looks. A team with inside guy like that with Eli and Buddy would average about 80ppg IMO.

And from Stewart’s perspective...he’d be a lot more freed up underneath. You can’t load up in the paint with Buddy, Hughes, and Girard on the floor.

He might get fewer touches, but he’d be even more efficient IMO. And he’d be getting major pub going up against other big dogs in the ACC and getting ready for a tourney run rather than playing out the string in games nobody cares about against scrub teams.

And from Stewart’s perspective...he’d be a lot more freed up underneath. You can’t load up in the paint with Buddy, Hughes, and Girard on the floor.

He might get fewer touches, but he’d be even more efficient IMO. And he’d be getting major pub going up against other big dogs in the ACC and getting ready for a tourney run rather than playing out the string in games nobody cares about against scrub teams.
Don't forget playing high low with Marek. We would be very hard to defend.

2003 was not one of our best defensive of teams......

I watched a decent amount of that game last night. I'm not sure there is a weaker Power Five + BE team in the country than the Huskies. They are awful. No life, no effort, horrific guard play. No structure on offense. Wash State is a very weak team and yet they were pretty much in control the whole way on the road. You can see Stewart has raw potential but not sure he'd be the major difference maker some have suggested - at least not this year. Though to be clear he'd be an upgrade and he would add depth.

Come on, dude. 17 and 9 and 2 he would have been HUGE for us

Ask Oklahoma.
I used the word best because that teams defensive was better than this teams with or without IS,but '87 '96 '10 '12 '13 '14 were all better defensive I would add '00 in there too.

With Stewart, Hughes could get more time at the top of the zone how would that not be a game changer on defense.

I may have overreacted to a very poor performance last night. Last night he showed very little against a lousy team. I can see the potential.

Come on, dude. 17 and 9 and 2 he would have been HUGE for us

Definitely would have helped quite a bit. Matter of degree, my friend. To listen to some here we'd be F4 contenders.

not seeing it with hop...

he´s a good recruiter though

The 2 previous years he had pretty much nothing to do with recruiting and the roster and won big.

If Quade was ours and he got declared ineligible midseason we would be making ALL KINDS of excuses for a Quade-less young team.

Both the bad and the good should make Mike a better coach going forward. I'd personally consider making the move sooner rather than later bc I don't see JB putting a contender together if Eli leaves in the next 2 years.

The 2 previous years he had pretty much nothing to do with recruiting and the roster and won big.

If Quade was ours and he got declared ineligible midseason we would be making ALL KINDS of excuses for a Quade-less young team.

Both the bad and the good should make Mike a better coach going forward. I'd personally consider making the move sooner rather than later bc I don't see JB putting a contender together if Eli leaves in the next 2 years.

Yeah, he's never put a contender together before.

FRANKIEFAN said:

Yeah, he's never put a contender together before.

Interesting thing about human nature, we see what we want to see. In this case, your complete disregard for his "next 2 years" and it apparently equating to "never" to you.

Both the bad and the good should make Mike a better coach going forward.
Agreed -good test for Hop and opportunity to observe him under hot lights/adversity.
-how Hop manages/recovers from this could a long way regarding a future return here.

FRANKIEFAN said:

Interesting thing about human nature, we see what we want to see. In this case, your complete disregard for his "next 2 years" and it apparently equating to "never" to you.

I think we'll be better next year and better than that the year afterwards, due to all the young players on the roster. When you have no seniors you are supposed to be optimistic about the future.

I think we'll be better next year and better than that the year afterwards, due to all the young players on the roster. When you have no seniors you are supposed to be optimistic about the future.

Agree if the seniors to be are all seniors next year. But the looming early departure will be a death blow IMO if we can’t have one offseason where we catch a break...we really need one year without someone leaving early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom